Looking for news on Laurenitis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
You indicated that you had issues with how he drafted and attacked FAs. While you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I'm not even arguing that you are wrong, there should be a basis. As in - who in your opinion did a better job or went about it more like you would have done. That's all.

I think we all know that there are differences in how organizations view the draft and FA. I like the way this FO is working it. Like you said, we really don't know what we have yet with some of these young guys. But I think you'd have a hard time finding coaches that didn't whiff on a few top picks. The Whiners are a great example. But building a team through the draft as this regime is doing, can be a crap shoot at times just as trying to bring in spendy FAs.

Anyway - I was just curious who you thought was an example of how you'd like to see it done.

I think my original post was poorly worded by "my issue" I meant something more along the lines of "the issue".

They haven't done a poor job by any means, it just remains to be seen if they've done a good job.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh right I see now, I thought you meant that they started as better rosters.

All I meant was Fisher inherited a better roster, how he went about drafting and adding FAs was my issue, if I'm reading you right you're saying that those two teams did a better job in year one of building a team than Fisher did.
I don't think it can be a parallel comparison. The Panthers and Jaguars got to build a team from the ground up with a nice draft (#1 and #2 overall respectively + another first rounder) and then they both got to participate in an expansion draft wherein all teams put up 6 unprotected free agent players for the Jags/Panthers to 'draft' onto their team. It was pretty cool. Unlike Fisher, who had to jettison a shit ton of players he didn't want/need after 2011 in order to sign/draft players that fit his vision. Granted, the RGKnee trade helped him out a good deal, but he didn't get to have his pick of over 100 free agents to replace his current team with.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think my original post was poorly worded by "my issue" I meant something more along the lines of "the issue".

They haven't done a poor job by any means, it just remains to be seen if they've done a good job.
Yeah - I think they've done a very good job. How much of that is based on the total crap job I have become jaded by in the last several years? Dunno. But it's true. Only time will determine that for sure.