1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Looking for news on Laurenitis

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by blackbart, Aug 13, 2014.

1. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Sup d00d. Glad you could make it over. (y)

2. Dxmissile Well-Known Member

Yeah I had to glad to be a part of the community

DaveFan'51 and CGI_Ram like this.
  3. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Welcome aboard. 3 likes on 2 posts. Good start.

4. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

And what does a very few posters on the internet who think he is over rated or overhyped prove? BTW - that is a rhetorical question.

5. The Rammer ESPN Draft Guru

Because this is Blasphemy! You can be tried by your Ram peers and burned at the stake for these blasphemous remarks! Help me help you.....!

6. lockdnram21 Well-Known Member

Yea whatever. It's not like I said he sucked. I just don't think he's as good as some that's all. It's what you call a opinion

7. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

I agree, I'd like to apologise for some of my posts last night, I was in a bad mood for some reason and posted some stupid stuff, I should be trying to hold myself to a higher standard than that and last night I failed.

badnews likes this.
  8. A55VA6 Shutdown Corner

He's not flashy but he's dependable, does everything very well, never misses a snap, and is a great leader and mentor for the young LB's and this defense. If JL missed a game, you'd notice what you're losing out there. Nobody makes him out to be a top MLB in the NFL, but he damn sure is a good one.

Dxmissile likes this.
  9. lockdnram21 Well-Known Member

He's very mediocre in run support and average in coverage. IL give him props on being a good leader of the defense he gets players in the right spots

10. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

I don't remember the start-up Panthers and Jags but did they really have better players than:

Bradford
    Kendricks
    Saffold
    Quinn
    Long
    Laurinaitis

I've probably missed a few backups.

11. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

I demand a recount

Dxmissile likes this.
  12. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

Overpaid or Overrated? I have an opinion, but I have far bigger worries with this roster than trying to slot one of our better players in a ranking among his piers.

13. DaveFan'51 Well-Known Member

And, I hope you don't mind me adding, JL also had 2 INT's and 2 FR's last year!

Dxmissile likes this.
  14. VegasRam Just proud to be here.

Kerry Collins
    Kevin Greene
    Eric Davis
    Lamar Lathon
    Sam Mills
    Wesley Walls

All pro bowlers. Want me to name the Jags?

15. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

They were all FA signings and draft picks right? Fisher had as good an opportunity to bring in that talent (a better opportunity after the RGIII trade), but started off with the 6 I listed, Fisher had a better foundation to build on than either of those teams.

16. VegasRam Just proud to be here.

:palm: Point was, (and is), that the last two expansion teams had better rosters than the Rams Fisher inherited. I don't actually know what your response means. :shades:

17. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Oh right I see now, I thought you meant that they started as better rosters.

All I meant was Fisher inherited a better roster, how he went about drafting and adding FAs was my issue, if I'm reading you right you're saying that those two teams did a better job in year one of building a team than Fisher did.

18. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

So in your estimation, who or how many have done a better job drafting and adding FAs than Fish and Co.in this stint with the Rams? I'm not saying there haven't been but I'm having a hard time pulling them out of my brain.

19. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Never said I agreed with how I was reading his post.

It depends on how a few players turn out.

2012 there's question marks over whether Brockers will ever be elite, we had one of the worst pass Ds ever for completion percentage and yards per attempt last season so question marks over Jenkins and Johnson. Quick has been disappointing so far despite his hype this off season. Pead is one of the worst picks the Rams have made in recent years. Givens is a nice number 6 receiver. We could have come away with a Pro Bowler in Brockers and I'm not writing off Jenkins from that and we have 2 potential + starters in Johnson and Quick. At the moment it's a C draft for me, 2014 will determine if it's an A or an F, it could go either way.

2013 was much better, I'd already give it an A, but we used a 1st and 2nd round pick to trade up for a player who Holt yesterday predicted would have his biggest contribution on special teams, that's unacceptable for me. Ogletree has all the potential in the world, he just needs to put it together. McDonald was a good pick. Stedman was very promising, but can he get his head on straight? Stacy carried the team at times once Sam went down but still had a sub 4 yard per carry average, which can't be the case this year.

Overall I'm satisfied with the drafting so far, both drafts can become A drafts, but both can easily be worse, ultimately I'll judge them on their third year record, another losing season and I don't care about individuals, we have a winning season and he's got at least another year.

As for FAs Cortland was an undeniable bust, Wells hasn't played a full season yet, Langford and Hayes have been nice low cost adds, the deserve a lot of credit for Barksdale. I'll never be satisfied with Cook until he learns to catch the ball, and for what we're paying him he should be in the 3-5 range at his position not what he is. And Long was a nice pick. I'd say they've failed in FA more than the draft.

20. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

You indicated that you had issues with how he drafted and attacked FAs. While you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I'm not even arguing that you are wrong, there should be a basis. As in - who in your opinion did a better job or went about it more like you would have done. That's all.

I think we all know that there are differences in how organizations view the draft and FA. I like the way this FO is working it. Like you said, we really don't know what we have yet with some of these young guys. But I think you'd have a hard time finding coaches that didn't whiff on a few top picks. The Whiners are a great example. But building a team through the draft as this regime is doing, can be a crap shoot at times just as trying to bring in spendy FAs.

Anyway - I was just curious who you thought was an example of how you'd like to see it done.