1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Looking for news on Laurenitis

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by blackbart, Aug 13, 2014.

1. VegasRam Just proud to be here.

Rams have (had) been searching for a MLB since Fletcher left - 10 flippin' years. and we now have easily a top 10, (and arguably a top 5) MLB, (check the stats), and people still want to bitch. :wtf: :jerkoff:

The Rammer and JackDRams like this.
  2. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

So you're saying Cook is an epic bust? Agree 100%.

lockdnram21 likes this.
  3. -X- I'm the dude, man.

4. lockdnram21 Well-Known Member

Also JL wasn't even ranked in top 20 of middle line backers let alone the top 10 as many claim

5. badnews Well-Known Member

By who?

6. bomebadeeda I have a play for 3rd and 4.........

7. -X- I'm the dude, man.

I don't see it as much of a debate. Some think he's overrated, and some don't.
    There's absolutely no way to qualify or quantify "overrated." It's purely a subjective term.

flv likes this.
  8. bomebadeeda I have a play for 3rd and 4.........

I agree, thus the quotation marks. I think it's another case of someone evaluating a contract and not what he means to the team. But that's just my take on things. I could be wrong.

9. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Could be. I don't think he's overrated, and my definition of that is this. "Is he getting more hype than the production he offers?" He's not over-hyped. He's not overpaid. He produces. Where he ranks is where he ranks. I can't recall very many times that I've seen him get washed out of a play, miss a tackle or give up a home run. I do see him getting people into position and calling audibles, and I do see him leading by example. I also know what a liability looks like. Don't see that either.

Could we do better? I'm sure we could. We could do better at every position on the field outside of RDE and P. Laurinaitis is an important cog in what could make for a very well oiled machine, and I'd take a half dozen more like him on defense in a heartbeat. But that's just *my* opinion.

10. Robocop Well-Known Member

apparently you didn't read the JL article defending him about being overpaid. his numbers and consistency rival other top MLBs and had the same number of missed tackles as the other top 5. the position is more about making splash plays. This isn't Madden

11. lockdnram21 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't know about Madden don't play it. But know what I see when I watch games.

12. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

I have my problems with Lock's "over-rated" post but let's not go there. Really? Anyone who wants to keep bringing up comparisons to RamsTalk can just stay over there and deal with that troll kingdom. Sorry - but I am tired of seeing this bullcrap. We are not going to go after everyone for having a different take but this site does just fine at having the community get rid of hideous posts without the moderators having to be the heavy all the time. I think that one will soon be gone and not at the hands of the Mods but by YOU the ROD community. And yeah.... THAT would ever happen on the PD - or any other site for that matter.

I get what you're saying but please don't be THAT guy.

13. ZigZagRam Well-Known Member

All that would prove is that he's better than Darren Bates.

lockdnram21 likes this.
  14. VegasRam Just proud to be here.

We need an "applause" smiley. Now Goddammit!

503 - I assume you meant never, or 'like' THAT. (What does 503 mean anyway?)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  15. flv 

Maybe it's a reverse 'Miami' reference.

-X- likes this.
  16. VegasRam Just proud to be here.

AS far as his salary goes, anyone notice the absence of the "Bradford's overpaid!" rants lately?

What the Fantasy/Madden world never seems to understand, is the Rams started COMPLETELY rebuilding only TWO years ago. Even the start-up Panthers and Jags had better players.
    Fisher understands you need a core, and given the position the Rams were in, they may have overpaid a bit, but not significantly.
    People never bitch about overpaying for a good meal, but never forget a crappy one, regardless of price.

17. Dick84 New Member

If JL is overpaid... it's slightly. If it's overrated.. it's slightly.
    He's a good guy, a good player, and by all accounts a team leader.

I'm fine with him.

The Rammer likes this.
  18. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

My original area code here in Oregon.

19. rdlkgliders Hugo Bezdek

How much could JL help anyway apparently our LB's are 30th out of 32 anyway

lockdnram21 likes this.
  20. Dxmissile Well-Known Member

JL is one of only 2 linebackers in the entire league that didn't give up a touchdown in coverage despite dropping back more than 52 percent of the time. His tackles are down field because that's his job to patrol the center of the field but he still had 3 1/2 sacks not to mentioned in only missed like 3 snaps in his entire career. Look who people call the Luke kuechly he is a assist tackling machine but he is considered elite to me he is vastly overrated