Lol Kaepernick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ever since reading that post from the special olympian, I've been doing my best not to use that word. Like what happened in this thread, it was a word I used without intention to harm but it does harm. Because of that, I don't want to use it.

But I gotta ask you, if somebody said it in a derogatory way in Mark's presence, would you stick up for him? Even if it wasn't directed at him? That's kind of my point here. It's not that it's directed at any person. It's the way people were mocking the thought that Kaepernick could date a trans-gendered person. It creates an atmosphere where you make trans-gendered people feel uncomfortable and even ashamed for who they are.

Memento is a tough cookie. I'm sure she's fine. But she's also my friend. I'm going to speak up when people are saying things without thinking that are insulting towards her.

The "race and gender cards" are being "pulled" because they need to be pulled. It's about damn time this country wakes up, looks itself in the mirror, and recognizes the issues present. If those cards aren't pulled, people go on ignorantly pretending things are fine. That's not a world I want to live in.

I'm glad ignoring it worked for you but it's unrealistic for you to think it should work for every other person. Many trans-gendered people aren't at peace with their decision. Because there's such a stigma around being trans-gendered. But it's who they are.

As I said before, it's about being mindful of what we say and how it will affect others. People were making fun of Kaepernick without thinking about the harm their words can do. I made the analogy earlier...I think a good number of the people here wouldn't have stood for posters mocking Kaepernick through racist comments. Why? Because we know how wrong it is. What happened here wasn't really any different. Joke or not, it has the power to hurt people.

I gotta say, I'm disappointed to see so many defending their words rather than simply saying, "Yea, I didn't think about it when I made the joke."

Anyways, this is getting too political. Point is to be mindful about what you say. You may not have any intention to harm when you say it but words can still do harm.

I could say that, if adults are so thin skinned about the choices they make, then maybe they shouldn't be making them. I never had a choice. I am offended by anyone suggesting a transgender person doesn't either. So, now you offended me. See, there is no end These liberal views only end up in everyone being offended. People make decisions and they better be prepared to live with them and the chance that someone may say something hurtful or disagree with their lifestyle, or may inadvertently poke fun. Because not everyone thinks alike. It is what makes us all different and special. Oh wait that agenda was from the 80s and 90s, the new one is we are really all just the same and for anyone person to suggest that we aren't is a criminal act. I am so sick of hearing everything the liberal media is spewing these days. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Wow. This thread took a turn. o_O I think we should all realize that God created (yeah he did) and loves us all.

We all are flawed in one way or another. And in my case another and another...I certainly don't want to make anyone on this board feel bad. I can say some mean things sometimes to get a laugh. My wife calls me on it quite a bit. :unsure: If I made you feel bad earlier Memento I apologize.

That said. I dislike political correctness intensely. It is because it is usually practiced by someone telling me not to judge their choices in one breath, then lecturing me because of my beliefs.

No, I really don't believe man is changing the temperatures of the earth.:rolleyes: And most recycling is a waste of time. I just do it to get the money back they confiscated from me in the CRV.:LOL: And you really do look like an idiot if your pants are half way off when you walk. No really. An idiot. :rolllaugh:Was that insensitive? Too bad. It's in the "emperors new clothes category." You may be suffering from self-loathing. It will harm your opportunities in life.

Political Correctness has caused our society to not be able to recognize things for how they are. Simple wisdom. And for that it is dangerous.

We shouldn't mock people for how God made them. And people need help. It should always be love-based. But we do need to recognize when something is a problem. Hurting people need a soft place to land. And they need truth and guidance.

If someone on this board has confusion about who they are inside, join the club. It is called "the human condition". We all are sinners in need of a Savior.

As far as Kaepernick goes, I have a hard time with him. I struggle with people I perceive to be narcissists. I sometimes see him as an egomaniac that worships himself. I was anxious to see his downfall!

Then God shows me how He sees him. As a young man with gifts and much to offer, who was adopted, and probably struggles with rejection, and masks through all of his over the top behavior.

(n) Then I feel like scum. It's called conviction of the heart. (I can't even muster up a good jab at Johnny Manziel or Hillary right now. Well, maybe the criminal, Hillary. ..See! there I go again!)

Yet somehow, God loves me right where I am. You too, Memento. :) Peace.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please don't quote me or argue with me or ask me a stupid question or make silly comparisons to my situation so that you can debate me Jrry. If you want to stand up for your own beliefs or step in to play Mother Hen and play Mr Politically correct then go right ahead. Nobody came into here to stir the pot. There are plenty of other debates in here that are far more relevant for you to take to task and to be "that guy."

I wasn't going to say anything else, wanted to leave it alone...but i'm kind of tired of your neverending ego-centric contrarian crap anyway so there it is. Sorry.

And I'm kind of tired of people shifting the blame onto others when they say shitty things without thinking instead of accepting responsibility for their actions.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Let's all agree that we find Colin Kaepernick deeply offensive and leave it at that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, my first reaction to the "story" was this.

Senor-Chang.gif

If that's offensive, then sorry.

I think it's funny and that's not gonna change. I still laugh my balls off during comedy central roasts, and those are about as far removed from being politically correct as you can get. I guess there's something wrong with my moral compass, or I'm not yet evolved. Or maybe it's just not a *me* problem.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I personally don't understand the humor in this thread, but I say a ton of politically incorrect jokes so have at it. :)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My first reaction to the story was that she said that she broke it off with Kaepernick to protect him - and then runs to the press.

I don't know or care if they were involved - I hate blatant lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.