Lol Kaepernick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with Mack. Glad he said it first.

fearsomefour

Legend
Everyone is part of a society, a bigger whole.
Get over yourself.
A persons individuality or personal life is not bigger or better or more important than anyone else's.
The effort to claim oneself as a victim over something not directed at anyone one person is weakness. It is an effort to make oneself more important than everyone else.
Not buying it. Not interested.
That said, the only thing I care about is whether Kaperdoodle has become interested in learning how to read Ds.

~lyser

Rookie
WTF is wrong with u guys? The Tranny's are good now - the fake boobs. the make-up, the plastic surgery, the collagen injections. Let's be honest, you were probably gonna try to poon her the in the ass anyway...(paraphrased from Doug Stanhope).

Honestly, I don't give a damn what anyone wants to do so long as it does not infringe on my rights. Judge not lest thee be judged my friends.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
WTF is wrong with u guys? The Tranny's are good now - the fake boobs. the make-up, the plastic surgery, the collagen injections. Let's be honest, you were probably gonna try to poon her the in the ass anyway...(paraphrased from Doug Stanhope).

Honestly, I don't give a damn what anyone wants to do so long as it does not infringe on my rights. Judge not lest thee be judged my friends.

Just having a little fun is all. If you are not allowed to laugh at your rivals, then who are you allowed to laugh at?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't care about being called the PC police. I'm going to stand up for a friend. No person should be made to feel bad about being who they are. A poster that is respected and well-liked here shouldn't come onto this board and see people mocking her life.

I recognize that the people posting in this thread likely didn't think about it when they made the jokes. Like I said, I'm glad Mack pointed it out so people could take a step back and realize what they were doing.

If this board decided to mock Kaepernick by making a bunch of racist comments, I hope someone would stand up and shut that down too.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I don't care about being called the PC police. I'm going to stand up for a friend. No person should be made to feel bad about being who they are. A poster that is respected and well-liked here shouldn't come onto this board and see people mocking her life.

I recognize that the people posting in this thread likely didn't think about it when they made the jokes. Like I said, I'm glad Mack pointed it out so people could take a step back and realize what they were doing.

If this board decided to mock Kaepernick by making a bunch of racist comments, I hope someone would stand up and shut that down too.

Thanks for "checking my privilege"
:LOL:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZDK_LG9DuU

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I don't look at it as making fun of a transgendererd person. I was just making fun of Kaepernick. I have a good friend who is transgendered. Sit with her at my sons peewee football practices. This world needs to learn to laugh more. Everyone pulling the race card or the gender card is getting old. It isn't necessary for every transgender person that reads these comments to take it personally. I have lived with facial deformities much of my life and there came a time that I just refused to let the comments and stares affect me. That was when I finally grew up. I was only hurting myself and handing power to everyone around me. I realized that many people are weak or callous or just dont consider how the things they say or do can affect others, but they are not intentionally being cruel. The few that were just being cruel were just exposing their flaws. I learned to feel sorry for their ignorance. I would hope that if someone were to make a difficult choice like having gender reassignment surgery or just living as a transvestite that they are at peace with their decision and are strong enough to handle the fallout from it. If not, then they probably weren't ready to take that step.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Geezus people.
My late uncle lived into his 50's with Down syndrome and Autism, my cousin has full blown Asperger's and is a complete social misfit, my very own daughter we suspect has a mild case of Asperger's. It's all very sad, personal and it is what it is.
My entire life i've heard the term retard thrown around at work, by close friends who never met Mark, and in social circles...but guess what? Those "insults" and remarks aren't directed at me or my family. I don't get insulted, not by my co workers and certainly not by you guys(and gals) here on this message board. I refuse to be insulted. It's not personal. Learn to separate....and btw, playing the PC card here is retarded. :)
th (2).jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Geezus people.
My late uncle lived into his 50's with Down syndrome and Autism, my cousin has full blown Asperger's and is a complete social misfit, my very own daughter we suspect has a mild case of Asperger's. It's all very sad, personal and it is what it is.
My entire life i've heard the term retard thrown around at work, by close friends who never met Mark, and in social circles...but guess what? Those "insults" and remarks aren't directed at me or my family. I don't get insulted, not by my co workers and certainly not by you guys(and gals) here on this message board. I refuse to be insulted. It's not personal. Learn to separate....and btw, playing the PC card here is retarded. :)
View attachment 12190

I really HATE when people used that word to describe anything, sometimes I point it out and sometimes I don't. I don't get insulted but I always wonder why it's so easy for some people to pick that word.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, um...I'm transgendered, so...I don't know what to think of it. I have thick skin, but I'm not going to laugh at Kaepernick if he really is dating a transwoman. I agree with Mack and Jrry.

~lyser

Rookie
^^^^^^^^^
it does?!

I have a half wit brother and a Down soon to be sister in law. They are cool as hell.

I am guilty of using the word "retarded" though, I earned it - wipe an ass, and then you can too.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
View attachment 12192
Did they take the story down? When I clicked the link in the OP I was greeted by this.....It doesn't even make sense. :homer: WTH? :shocked:

Welcome to LA!
By 49ers Media
Updated: February 15, 2016

La-Rams-logo-blue-01-15-16.jpg

Why Your Team Sucks

2015: St. Louis Rams

Owner of the year!

stan-kroenke-owner-los-angeles-rams.jpg

Final drive of Super Bowl 36

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA0VWLhCh-k

too soon?

kroenke-stan-11616-usnews-twitter-ftr_1kfd5glz7jw771fy01vmtd3gi8.jpg
e616511bd14c5f006a0f6a706700eb1b_tx600.jpeg
usa-today-8198850.0.jpg

And there we have it folks

It makes perfect sense...
SF (Satan's Friends) 49er fans trying to get over on us Ram fans in some dark twisted way - if this doesn't sway the PC crowd to hate the 49ers even more instead of defending their sorry ass QB Colon Sackorpick then nothing will -- it's all make believe and you defended some fictional transvestite for nothing and condemned those of us were just goofing

May this be a lesson to us all - there are actual real battles to fight out there so stop harassing your fellow Ram brothers for just being silly

image.jpg

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Geezus people.
View attachment 12190

Ever since reading that post from the special olympian, I've been doing my best not to use that word. Like what happened in this thread, it was a word I used without intention to harm but it does harm. Because of that, I don't want to use it.

But I gotta ask you, if somebody said it in a derogatory way in Mark's presence, would you stick up for him? Even if it wasn't directed at him? That's kind of my point here. It's not that it's directed at any person. It's the way people were mocking the thought that Kaepernick could date a trans-gendered person. It creates an atmosphere where you make trans-gendered people feel uncomfortable and even ashamed for who they are.

Memento is a tough cookie. I'm sure she's fine. But she's also my friend. I'm going to speak up when people are saying things without thinking that are insulting towards her.

I don't look at it as making fun of a transgendererd person. I was just making fun of Kaepernick. I have a good friend who is transgendered. Sit with her at my sons peewee football practices. This world needs to learn to laugh more. Everyone pulling the race card or the gender card is getting old. It isn't necessary for every transgender person that reads these comments to take it personally. I have lived with facial deformities much of my life and there came a time that I just refused to let the comments and stares affect me. That was when I finally grew up. I was only hurting myself and handing power to everyone around me. I realized that many people are weak or callous or just dont consider how the things they say or do can affect others, but they are not intentionally being cruel. The few that were just being cruel were just exposing their flaws. I learned to feel sorry for their ignorance. I would hope that if someone were to make a difficult choice like having gender reassignment surgery or just living as a transvestite that they are at peace with their decision and are strong enough to handle the fallout from it. If not, then they probably weren't ready to take that step.

The "race and gender cards" are being "pulled" because they need to be pulled. It's about damn time this country wakes up, looks itself in the mirror, and recognizes the issues present. If those cards aren't pulled, people go on ignorantly pretending things are fine. That's not a world I want to live in.

I'm glad ignoring it worked for you but it's unrealistic for you to think it should work for every other person. Many trans-gendered people aren't at peace with their decision. Because there's such a stigma around being trans-gendered. But it's who they are.

As I said before, it's about being mindful of what we say and how it will affect others. People were making fun of Kaepernick without thinking about the harm their words can do. I made the analogy earlier...I think a good number of the people here wouldn't have stood for posters mocking Kaepernick through racist comments. Why? Because we know how wrong it is. What happened here wasn't really any different. Joke or not, it has the power to hurt people.

I gotta say, I'm disappointed to see so many defending their words rather than simply saying, "Yea, I didn't think about it when I made the joke."

Anyways, this is getting too political. Point is to be mindful about what you say. You may not have any intention to harm when you say it but words can still do harm.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Ever since reading that post from the special olympian, I've been doing my best not to use that word. Like what happened in this thread, it was a word I used without intention to harm but it does harm. Because of that, I don't want to use it.

But I gotta ask you, if somebody said it in a derogatory way in Mark's presence, would you stick up for him? Even if it wasn't directed at him? That's kind of my point here
. It's not that it's directed at any person. It's the way people were mocking the thought that Kaepernick could date a trans-gendered person. It creates an atmosphere where you make trans-gendered people feel uncomfortable and even ashamed for who they are.

Memento is a tough cookie. I'm sure she's fine. But she's also my friend. I'm going to speak up when people are saying things without thinking that are insulting towards her.

The "race and gender cards" are being "pulled" because they need to be pulled. It's about damn time this country wakes up, looks itself in the mirror, and recognizes the issues present. If those cards aren't pulled, people go on ignorantly pretending things are fine. That's not a world I want to live in.

I'm glad ignoring it worked for you but it's unrealistic for you to think it should work for every other person. Many trans-gendered people aren't at peace with their decision. Because there's such a stigma around being trans-gendered. But it's who they are.

As I said before, it's about being mindful of what we say and how it will affect others. People were making fun of Kaepernick without thinking about the harm their words can do. I made the analogy earlier...I think a good number of the people here wouldn't have stood for posters mocking Kaepernick through racist comments. Why? Because we know how wrong it is. What happened here wasn't really any different. Joke or not, it has the power to hurt people.

I gotta say, I'm disappointed to see so many defending their words rather than simply saying, "Yea, I didn't think about it when I made the joke."

Anyways, this is getting too political. Point is to be mindful about what you say. You may not have any intention to harm when you say it but words can still do harm.
Please don't quote me or argue with me or ask me a stupid question or make silly comparisons to my situation so that you can debate me Jrry. If you want to stand up for your own beliefs or step in to play Mother Hen and play Mr Politically correct then go right ahead. Nobody came into here to stir the pot. There are plenty of other debates in here that are far more relevant for you to take to task and to be "that guy."

I wasn't going to say anything else, wanted to leave it alone...but i'm kind of tired of your neverending ego-centric contrarian shit anyway so there it is. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.