PREGAME Lions Pregame

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I would be surprised if the Rams can't run against the Lion front 7. Unlike most teams, the Ram WRs can block allowing McVay to have everything look alike be it run or pass.

This Ram run offensive is executing at a high level since the bye. This offense scored 31 points with a crap kicker on one of the best defenses in the NFL that the Ravens have. The Lion's defense is pretty much like the Rams in many respects. Like the Rams their weakness is their secondary and the Ram WRs are as a group better than the Lions WRs.

dang

Legend
Staying up late to watch Replay of 2021 Lions vs Rams game:
-Man do I miss seeing the physicality of Ramsey. He wasn’t without flaws but he was a weapon.
-Reeder was/is horrible in the open field
-Kupp in 2021 was playing 4-dimensional football.
-Goff loves his TEs. Hockenson in 2021. It will be a blow to the Lions offense if LaPorta isn’t close to 100%.

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’m surprised we are dogs coming into this game. I know they are at home and a higher seed and all - but 3 point dogs? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

dang

Legend
I’m surprised we are dogs coming into this game. I know they are at home and a higher seed and all - but 3 point dogs? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.
That’s a push without the home field advantage. But the Lions are home.

Ellard80

Legend
Staying up late to watch Replay of 2021 Lions vs Rams game:
-Man do I miss seeing the physicality of Ramsey. He wasn’t without flaws but he was a weapon.
-Reeder was/is horrible in the open field
-Kupp in 2021 was playing 4-dimensional football.
-Goff loves his TEs. Hockenson in 2021. It will be a blow to the Lions offense if LaPorta isn’t close to 100%.
I've watched some dolphins games this year.... Ramsey still getting picks but doesn't seem anywhere near as physical as in the past.

RamWoodie

Legend
Well...most of us remember the 1999 Rams mantra:

"GOTTA GO TO WORK"!!!

That's what the Rams MUST do...all over...ESPECIALLY SPECIAL TEAMS!!!

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

Particularly fascinating convo about Rams use of pistol.
Great story by Tice explaining McVay's offensive upgrade with more Duo and the new Pistol. He also goes through comparisons to what McVay ran while Goff was our QB.

No wonder McVay was smiling and joking at the beginning of his last press conference. He knows no one can stop him with this new wrinkle he added. Maybe some credit goes to LeFleur for another voice in the room, exactly what they hired him for.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing I would like to see from the Rams for this playoff run is a heavy focus on shotgun. Stafford seems very comfortable in that formation, and his savvy old QB knowledge seems to benefit from running play action out of that look. Because the QB in that look doesn't have to turn his back he can make the fake and freeze those offball types a bit while he surveys the field.

Also spreading out the defense and running out of shotgun feels like something this offense should do a lot of. Because our OL is much better now at not giving up one or two penetrations per run, and because Williams seems equally proficient taking handoffs from that look or the conventional route. Clear that box out and feed Williams, and on the snaps you want to take shots it's probably gonna be there vs this Detroit secondary.
I think we will see the Lions do everything they can to shut down Kyren. They will try to get Matt and Sean to switch out of running plays at the LOS by confusing their looks and stacking the box. The secret to beating the Rams is to turn our playcalling into a repeat of the Bengals game. I’m hoping McVay has developed enough trust in Kyren to pound the rock, even if the box appears stacked.

RamWoodie

Legend
I think we will see the Lions do everything they can to shut down Kyren. They will try to get Matt and Sean to switch out of running plays at the LOS by confusing their looks and stacking the box. The secret to beating the Rams is to turn our playcalling into a repeat of the Bengals game. I’m hoping McVay has developed enough trust in Kyren to pound the rock, even if the box appears stacked.
I've said it earlier but the Lions are gonna be so worried about Kupp and Puka, I can see a big game for Robinson! Another thing, I don't know how healthy Higbeast will be...but he and Allen can show up big too!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good post.

And it’s OKAY to just get 2, 3 or 4 yards sometimes. Doesn’t mean you have to throw the run game out the window….in a one score game.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think it's going to be a shootout.

I just don't think there's enough on the Rams defense to slow that offense down much.. especially with the kind of energy they'll be bringing.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
How’s everyone hanging in?

My stomach is in knots! I may need a gummy today!

I believe we win and at the same time, it’s gonna be a straight donnybrook!

Is it just me or is anyone else super hyped for this game?