PREGAME Lions Pregame

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One thing I would like to see from the Rams for this playoff run is a heavy focus on shotgun. Stafford seems very comfortable in that formation, and his savvy old QB knowledge seems to benefit from running play action out of that look. Because the QB in that look doesn't have to turn his back he can make the fake and freeze those offball types a bit while he surveys the field.

Also spreading out the defense and running out of shotgun feels like something this offense should do a lot of. Because our OL is much better now at not giving up one or two penetrations per run, and because Williams seems equally proficient taking handoffs from that look or the conventional route. Clear that box out and feed Williams, and on the snaps you want to take shots it's probably gonna be there vs this Detroit secondary.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

Particularly fascinating convo about Rams use of pistol.
Just listened to them (Tice and Mays) break down the game on the podcast. I don't think it's in the article, but they said that the Lions are 4th worst in DVOA against Duo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
The new injury report now shows LaPorta as questionable. Having seen the way his knee bent in last weeks game, how TF is he even a possibility and would he even move correctly out there? I was convinced he was done for the whole post season when I saw it happen.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@Flatlyner how in the hell was he a full participant in practice? Was it a walkthrough?

#MrMiyagiHealsDanielsan’sLeg

Psycho_X

Legend
@Flatlyner how in the hell was he a full participant in practice? Was it a walkthrough?

#MrMiyagiHealsDanielsan’sLeg
He practiced but he wasn't 100%. The several videos I've seen he's just stretching and leisurely jogging in a straight line. There's a huge difference between that and being able to cut. I won't count out him playing but he won't be 100% and will likely be limited still.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
And they are calling that a full participant?

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
2024-01-12_15-31-49.jpg

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
The only thing Lions good at Rams not good .... best advantage deep balls but you can match boxes

2024-01-12_15-39-01.jpg

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Doing a little internet surfing, and came across a Madden simulation of the upcoming Rams/Lions game.

Joe Noteboom was injured in the Madden game simulation.

I thought that was pretty funny.

oldnotdead

Legend
Because Goff isn't a scrambler, their best pressure will come from inside from Turner and Donald. Compress Goff's ability to throw from a clean pocket. Their biggest receiving threats are St Brown and LaPorta and with their TE not likely to play or being limited the Rams have the type of inside rush that bothers Goff the most.

The Lions aren't dumb they know where the strength of the Ram pass rush will be and that is inside so I can see them rolling Goff out but it makes the job of the secondary easier as his primary targets will be in that half of the field. Their highly touted Jameson Williams has yet to become a major factor in the offense. That said the defense can't sleep on him with his 4.2 speed, only that St Brown is their primary receiver.

The Lions RBs are for real, but again not that the Rams haven't faced good RBs already. They will get their yards but just don't allow them to take over the game by controlling the clock. Which is exactly what the Lions know they must do. Limit the Lions run game and the Rams have a real shot at winning this game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Khalif Raymond has been ruled out. He’s got a ton of speed and is a good returner. That’s one less concern against the STs of the Rams.

dang

Legend
The new injury report now shows LaPorta as questionable. Having seen the way his knee bent in last weeks game, how TF is he even a possibility and would he even move correctly out there? I was convinced he was done for the whole post season when I saw it happen.
Healthy LaPorta is a stud. Injured LaPorta is a question mark. Lions are smart in having the Rams plan for him playing and him not playing. But my guess if he plays he will be very limited in what he can do.