PREGAME Lions Pregame

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Looks like we will get the Sunday night game.
8:15 Eastern time on NBC.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Happy Joy GIF

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I was worried it would be a Saturday game. I guess NBC couldnt pass up on the biggest playoff story line in years. It will make for a long day, but will be worth it.

Psycho_X

Legend
Was really hoping for Saturday night but at least it isn't Monday.

Edit: Never mind I forgot next Monday is MLK day and I'm off so I CAN drink excessively on Sunday night this weekend. Woot.

Q729

Legend
I was worried it would be a Saturday game. I guess NBC couldnt pass up on the biggest playoff story line in years. It will make for a long day, but will be worth it.
I kinda thought they wanted one of the "fans everywhere" teams like the Cowboys or Eagles in the prime slot.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If we can control the run, Goff will be forced to make big plays

If we can stop the run, Goff will throw INT’s

If we can get interior pressure, Goff will fall apart.
We need monster games from AD and KT

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If they run it successfully on us and get a lead, Goff will look like Dan Marino and we’re fucked

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Looks like LaPorta might be out. That would be huge.
Big time. He appears to have morphed into Goff's security blanket and primary red zone theat. If he is out that will be huge. Laporta often gets 12+ targets per game with 3 or so in the redzone. That is unreal for a TE on a team that runs the ball as much as the Lions do.

I was hoping that the Rams would draw the Lions so I am thrilled.

• Great story lines for this game! I think it is the most "fun" watch, out of the possible scenarios that were on the table.
  • If the Rams do end up losing, it is way easier for me as a fan to see them lose to a very likable Lions coach and team, with a Lions fanbase that has been through much suffering, and lots of former Rams on that Lions squad, than it would be to see the Cowbows move on at the Rams' expense.
  • I think the Lions actually have a better team than Dallas, and they are certainly healthier in the trenches than the Cowboys at the moment. But I think the Rams match up against the Lions a little bit better schematically. Goff can definitely throw deep. But he also takes what the defence gives him and, at times, is a bit too conservative. Dak is much more inclined to just heave it deep at every opportunity. The Rams secondary really struggles with that. I'd rather face Jared. And our offensive line can struggle at times with elite pass rushers, more so than NFL o-lines typically do. So Hutchinson will be a real problem. But I prefer him to Micah Parsons.
  • The familiarity of the Rams' coaching staff with Jared Goff should hopefully help defend him. They should know first hand from his time in horns what he doesn't like to throw, the looks he feels least confident facing, etc. More so than one would glean from tape study. I beleive most (all?) Lions staff members from the Stafford era have moved on.

Containing Gibbs is priority #1 IMO. We often seem to struggle setting the edge against quick RBs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I kinda thought they wanted one of the "fans everywhere" teams like the Cowboys or Eagles in the prime slot.
I’m a little surprised as well. Figured Dallas and Green Bay would get that prime slot. I guess the Lions/Rams storyline is bigger than just here on the board.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Man.. I just don't like the matchup with their offense.

But... I really like our offense against their defense.

I'd predict a shootout.

That means it will probably be a 17-14 game.

Tano

Legend
If they run it successfully on us and get a lead, Goff will look like Dan Marino and we’re fucked
I completely agree with your two posts.

We need to get interior pressure on Goff.

He is okay at avoiding outside pressure but he sucks on inside pressure.

Give him time and he will destroy you.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Goff with protection is a very good QB.

Goff under pressure folds up like something portable.

We pressure him, and he's gonna have a rough day.

Paging Aaron Donald. . . .