Letting Keenum Go Was A Bad Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll know in less than 30 starts.

We have a deal.......but I have a little wrinkle......

I don't want a billion ROD dollars. I want it in ROD pesos. 18 million of them.

............with a hand written "you were right Les, and I was wrong" in your sig for a month.

2018 we settle up.

I'm sure I'll know by then too...but I don't want any doubt. Fine...$18 million ROD and the sig. I'll just take the $18 million ROD if I win.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This thread was a bad decision. :)
The Rams with or without Keenum are still 6-10 and looking for a QB in 2015. When was Keenum supposed to get in there and start?
I'll wait.
After the Rams were eliminated from the playoffs at the least.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
A. The only "decision" involved with Keenum was not cutting someone else to add him to the main roster. "Just to see what he's got" isn't a good reason to do that. They can see plenty in practice. They didn't see enough to justify promoting him.

B. He had 1 mediocre game, then one decent game against a really bad team.

The guy is the definition of JAG, not even good enough to make a roster unless there's injuries. Don't be surprised if he's not on a roster next year either.

I knew we would see this the day after he had a nice day...How many back-ups/emergency guys have stepped up for a couple of weeks and looked like a world beater...It lasted until defenses figured out what he could and could not do..(probably didn't take long)...Couple of weeks of looking like a nobody again and getting beaten down like a red-headed stepchild, he returned to obscurity...It's not a new phenomenon.....I remember seeing a guy in a Piggly-Wiggly who could threw a tight spiral all the way across 4 aisles with a watermelon...Nice, but I didn't get all that excited... There's always another Kurt Warner out there, except that he's only Warner for a couple of weeks...If Keenum is a world beater for an extended period, good for him and sorry for the Rams...Until then, I'm not going to lose any sleep over losing him...One thing I'll never do is flog the Rams' head shed for letting him slip away...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Just responding to the OP, I don't think so, but I wouldn't have minded having a look at him in our offense.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I don't know if it's just me, but, I absolutely can't stand Shaun Hill's mechanics. I think I was spoiled with watching Sam's technique because Bradfords was always very crisp in the fine details. Hill on the other hand seems to be the complete opposite, sloppy IMO. And I think we'll be okay without Case freaking Keenum, lol.
I agree, before the snap he seems to "demand" the leadership role(which he is alright at because if his veteran presence) but once the play starts, he's so sloppy n just......not good.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
How do we survive without Keenum? The same way we survived without Michael Sam. By realizing that they weren't that good to begin with.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Why go to the trouble of getting him off waivers just to be your PS QB for a few weeks? We could have kept Gilbert for that. I hope Snead and the scouts know how to evaluate QBs. It makes me wonder.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I knew we would see this the day after he had a nice day...How many back-ups/emergency guys have stepped up for a couple of weeks and looked like a world beater...It lasted until defenses figured out what he could and could not do..(probably didn't take long)...Couple of weeks of looking like a nobody again and getting beaten down like a red-headed stepchild, he returned to obscurity...It's not a new phenomenon.....I remember seeing a guy in a Piggly-Wiggly who could threw a tight spiral all the way across 4 aisles with a watermelon...Nice, but I didn't get all that excited... There's always another Kurt Warner out there, except that he's only Warner for a couple of weeks...If Keenum is a world beater for an extended period, good for him and sorry for the Rams...Until then, I'm not going to lose any sleep over losing him...One thing I'll never do is flog the Rams' head shed for letting him slip away...
Keenum didn't even look like a world beater. He had a 50.2 rating against Baltimore (only 10.6 points higher than the rating I would get if I went into an NFL game, spiked the ball, then immediately left the game) and 98.5 (not even 100) against the pathetic Jaguars. (Note both games were home games for the Texans as well)

Hill's ratings the past couple of weeks? 110.2 and 65.5. That's without names like Andre Johnson to pass to.

Sometimes, posters get stuck on one particular player, but Keenum has shown NOTHING to indicate that it was any kind of mistake to not sign him to the regular roster.

Could he become good later? Sure, possibly. But the odds that he's anything more than what he's been shown to be are increasingly remote.

Why go to the trouble of getting him off waivers just to be your PS QB for a few weeks? We could have kept Gilbert for that. I hope Snead and the scouts know how to evaluate QBs. It makes me wonder.
Because they thought he'd be a better #3 option than Gilbert. That's it. Turns out we never needed our #3.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Keenum didn't even look like a world beater. He had a 50.2 rating against Baltimore (only 10.6 points higher than the rating I would get if I went into an NFL game, spiked the ball, then immediately left the game) and 98.5 (not even 100) against the pathetic Jaguars. (Note both games were home games for the Texans as well)

Hill's ratings the past couple of weeks? 110.2 and 65.5. That's without names like Andre Johnson to pass to.

Sometimes, posters get stuck on one particular player, but Keenum has shown NOTHING to indicate that it was any kind of mistake to not sign him to the regular roster.

Could he become good later? Sure, possibly. But the odds that he's anything more than what he's been shown to be are increasingly remote.

Because they thought he'd be a better #3 option than Gilbert. That's it. Turns out we never needed our #3.

Hill's 110.2 must be a typo. Maybe that was the sum of the last two weeks, 110.2. If Keenum managed to throw a pass into the dirt and not have it intercepted, he wins the Hill/Keenum battle in my book. But overall, I agree. The only thing that intrigued me about Keenum was his reputation for intelligence. That's valuable in a backup, no scaleback of the playbook if he has to go in mid-game.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Hill's 110.2 must be a typo. Maybe that was the sum of the last two weeks, 110.2. If Keenum managed to throw a pass into the dirt and not have it intercepted, he wins the Hill/Keenum battle in my book. But overall, I agree. The only thing that intrigued me about Keenum was his reputation for intelligence. That's valuable in a backup, no scaleback of the playbook if he has to go in mid-game.
Hill was indeed 110.2 vs. the Giants. Check it out here: http://www.nfl.com/player/shaunhill/2504833/profile

In any event, I'm not holding the defensive lineman pick against Hill. Even the announcers said that Hill did exactly what he was trained to do... the defender just made a hell of a play. It happens sometimes.

And yeah, I doubt the whole idea that the playbook wouldn't be scaled back for Keenum. The only reason he had values to the Texans is because he had been through camp with them and already knew their system.