Letting Keenum Go Was A Bad Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Garrapolo looks like a future stud in the league
Based on 27 pass attempts in mop-up duty? I'm probably gonna need more than that. Austin Davis against Philly made him the next Joe Montana then.

Irish

Starter
Based on 27 pass attempts in mop-up duty? I'm probably gonna need more than that. Austin Davis against Philly made him the next Joe Montana then.

That's fair. I am more basing my opinion on projections and the eyeball test.

When Garrapolo was going through the draft process, I remember thinking to myself "if you could put all the things you want in a prototypical quarterback (arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence, football IQ), put it in a blender, and pour it into a mold of what you want your rookie QB to look like, it is Jimmy Garrapolo." I was so, so angry when the Pats took him, because I immediately thought Tom Brady 2.0.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After being on our PS, Keenum went back to Houston and Won two games. I would have liked to see him play for us a little! Oh well.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
After being on our PS, Keenum went back to Houston and Won two games. I would have liked to see him play for us a little! Oh well.
More like the Texans won 2 games with him. (1 1/2 if one only counts the Jaguars as half a game ;) )

I didn't see anything from those stats that said he would have been better here that what we have.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I hate this type of thinking. Garrapolo was highly touted in the draft, and many people saw his potential, myself included.

Essentially, what one says when "the verdict is not in", I read that as "well, we just need to stretch the argument out until I get the desired result." Objectively, one can look at what Joyner's ceiling is and his performance this year as well as the impact he makes a his position versus what a guy like Garrapolo relative to where he was drafted? I mean, seriously, if Joyner becomes the best nickel corner in the league, is there any scenario where having him on your team instead of Garrapolo, based on what we have seen thus far from him, is better? Garrapolo looks like a future stud in the league, and he fills an enormous NEED that this team has now, had in the draft, and had last season as soon as Bradford tore his ACL the first time around.

Just my .02, of course, and I don't mean to derail the conversation, I just do not understand this line of thought.

Fair enough, (and it was simply an aside, hence the parentheses:cautious:).
I wish we had him now as well. That said, it's still hindsight, I disagree it was a NEED during the last draft.

So..., I'll repeat, who do we get next year?

MrMotes

Starter
I'm sure we can get Keenum back if we wan him, Gilbert too. They say BS's offense is hard to learn so i guess that's how someone like Austin Davis gets to stick around...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No, it wasn't. He's a 3rd string QB.

The bad decision was not trying to get someone before the season after Bradford's injury with more potential than Keenum and Davis.

Whom would you have targeted I'm curious.

Ramathon

I hate this type of thinking. Garrapolo was highly touted in the draft, and many people saw his potential, myself included.

Essentially, what one says when "the verdict is not in", I read that as "well, we just need to stretch the argument out until I get the desired result." Objectively, one can look at what Joyner's ceiling is and his performance this year as well as the impact he makes a his position versus what a guy like Garrapolo relative to where he was drafted? I mean, seriously, if Joyner becomes the best nickel corner in the league, is there any scenario where having him on your team instead of Garrapolo, based on what we have seen thus far from him, is better? Garrapolo looks like a future stud in the league, and he fills an enormous NEED that this team has now, had in the draft, and had last season as soon as Bradford tore his ACL the first time around.

Just my .02, of course, and I don't mean to derail the conversation, I just do not understand this line of thought.

Huh?!?!?! Based on what exactly.(??)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whom would you have targeted I'm curious.

I don't know who was available. My opinion before the season was that they should have looked into Glennon. Beyond him, there are a few others guy I might have been interested in for the right price.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see this a lot, so my question is twofold.
How do you know Snisher DIDN'T try;
And (and this really isn't solely directed to you), WHO should we have gotten? (I might give you Garrapolo instead of Joyner, but verdict's not really in yet).
And while we're at it, (again directed at everyone), WHO exactly should we get next year, (draft or FA)?

Jameis Winston

Who should we have gotten? There are a lot of names. It's hindsight but it is something I considered at the time.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I don't know who was available. My opinion before the season was that they should have looked into Glennon. Beyond him, there are a few others guy I might have been interested in for the right price.
Who?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Jameis Winston

Who should we have gotten? There are a lot of names. It's hindsight but it is something I considered at the time.

Absolutely no fucking way. Opinions about Winston aside, Fisher got saddled with another "Great QB" out of Texas who was an idiot. Ain't happening again.

Even if, how are we going to get him?
We already don't have a 4 or 6 - what shall we give up for crabcakes?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Jerry - I'm not attacking you, just so you know.
We all want the same thing, but it just flat isn't doable.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Yeah, I'd like to see what he could have done.
I really don't like saying it but Shaun Hill is a low tier 2nd string. The guy has no accuracy but every blue moon.
I don't know if it's just me, but, I absolutely can't stand Shaun Hill's mechanics. I think I was spoiled with watching Sam's technique because Bradfords was always very crisp in the fine details. Hill on the other hand seems to be the complete opposite, sloppy IMO. And I think we'll be okay without Case freaking Keenum, lol.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
BTW, When was the last time the general consensus was (the guy coming out of college has the tools but is an idiot) was wrong?

Let's see...

Michael Vick - no.
Jamarcus Russell - no.
Ryan Leaf - no.
Johhny Manziel - no.
Tim Tebow - no.

I could go on, but it's boring.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll bet you Winston fails in the NFL.

I'll bet you that he doesn't.

Absolutely no freaking way. Opinions about Winston aside, Fisher got saddled with another "Great QB" out of Texas who was an idiot. Ain't happening again.

Even if, how are we going to get him?
We already don't have a 4 or 6 - what shall we give up for crabcakes?

We give up what we have to give up.

Vince Young was nothing like Jameis Winston.

Mike Glennon

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW, When was the last time the general consensus was (the guy coming out of college has the tools but is an idiot) was wrong?

Let's see...

Michael Vick - no.
Jamarcus Russell - no.
Ryan Leaf - no.
Johhny Manziel - no.
Tim Tebow - no.

I could go on, but it's boring.

Did you seriously put Tim Tebow on the list? He's the OPPOSITE of what you're alleging. Amazing character and work ethic but lacked the tools.

When was the last time? Cam Newton.