Letting Keenum Go Was A Bad Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'll bet you that he doesn't.

We give up what we have to give up.

Vince Young was nothing like Jameis Winston.

Mike Glennon

Name the bet, name the timeframe for success.

I will put success at top 25% evebn thought you post like he will be a top 3-4 guy within a couple of years.

Fire when ready......you have a billion ROD bucks to wager and by the time this is decided you should have more.

34559955.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name the bet, name the timeframe for success.

I will put success at top 25% evebn thought you post like he will be a top 3-4 guy within a couple of years.

Fire when ready......you have a billion ROD bucks to wager and by the time this is decided you should have more.

34559955.jpg

$1 billion ROD...I'm down. He'll be a successful starting QB by his third year as a starter.

Hopefully we won't have to bicker over what successful is. I'm not going to place a top 8 or top 10 QB number because that will just lead to inevitable argument over who values what QBs more. I think we both know what successful means and I think we're both capable of being honest and fair.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
$1 billion ROD...I'm down. He'll be a successful starting QB by his third year as a starter.

Hopefully we won't have to bicker over what successful is. I'm not going to place a top 8 or top 10 QB number because that will just lead to inevitable argument over who values what QBs more. I think we both know what successful means and I think we're both capable of being honest and fair.

By his third year means what? End of second year? 8 games into his third? End of third?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By his third year means what? End of second year? 8 games into his third? End of third?

Third year as a starter. I don't mean 48 starts over however many years. I mean he entered and finished his third year as a starter. Or if he doesn't make it to a third year as a starter...you obviously win.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Third year as a starter. I don't mean 48 starts. I mean he entered and finished his third year as a starter. Or if he doesn't make it to a third year as a starter...you obviously win.

So by the end of his second year in the league you say he is a successful starter?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This thread was a bad decision. :)
The Rams with or without Keenum are still 6-10 and looking for a QB in 2015. When was Keenum supposed to get in there and start?
I'll wait.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

vermeil, london fletcher, kurt.

letting go of these guys were really, really bad decisions.

letting go of keenum was just a decision.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So by the end of his second year in the league you say he is a successful starter?

Les, I am saying third year as a starter. Which means when he becomes the starting QB, he gets three years from that point.

WestCoastRam

Legend
More like the Texans won 2 games with him. (1 1/2 if one only counts the Jaguars as half a game ;) )

I didn't see anything from those stats that said he would have been better here that what we have.

More like JJ Watts won two games with him. ;)

WestCoastRam

Legend
Did you seriously put Tim Tebow on the list? He's the OPPOSITE of what you're alleging. Amazing character and work ethic but lacked the tools.

When was the last time? Cam Newton.

I'll go with Cam Newton being the exception to the rule. I really thought he'd flame-out with all the talk about his attitude and work ethic.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll go with Cam Newton being the exception to the rule. I really thought he'd flame-out with all the talk about his attitude and work ethic.

I'll go with their being no such thing as "the rule". Plenty of QBs had maturity questions or issues...especially in college. People just forget about them when they become successful.

You evaluate players on a case by case basis. No one personality is the same.

BTW, as far as Winston being an "idiot" goes, his football IQ is considered one of his greatest strengths. The guy isn't stupid in terms of football or book smarts. He's just immature and lacks common sense. Maybe there's more to it than that...but he's not unintelligent.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Les, I am saying third year as a starter. Which means when he becomes the starting QB, he gets three years from that point.

That could be never. But lets say he gets the ball week 5 of his first year. Three years would be week 4 of his 4th year then right?

Just looking for the measure before I take that money off ya muthafuckah haha

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That could be never. But lets say he gets the ball week 5 of his first year. Three years would be week 4 of his 4th year then right?

Just looking for the measure before I take that money off ya muthafuckah haha

Yes. Although I doubt you'd need that long. Would probably know by the end of Year 3 in that scenario. But yes, if we're speaking technically.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yes. Although I doubt you'd need that long. Would probably know by the end of Year 3 in that scenario. But yes, if we're speaking technically.

I'll know in less than 30 starts.

We have a deal.......but I have a little wrinkle......

I don't want a billion ROD dollars. I want it in ROD pesos. 18 million of them.

............with a hand written "you were right Les, and I was wrong" in your sig for a month.

2018 we settle up.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It was a bad decision to let Case Keenum go because he had a decent game against one of the league's worst teams?

I'm having a hard time getting upset about his departure.
Jags defense was improving...I'm sure their are some stats that will back this up....not saying he was Aaron Rodgers, but it's not like Hill & Davis were the next Warner either....

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'll go with their being no such thing as "the rule". Plenty of QBs had maturity questions or issues...especially in college. People just forget about them when they become successful.

You evaluate players on a case by case basis. No one personality is the same.

BTW, as far as Winston being an "idiot" goes, his football IQ is considered one of his greatest strengths. The guy isn't stupid in terms of football or book smarts. He's just immature and lacks common sense. Maybe there's more to it than that...but he's not unintelligent.

I guess it depends how one looks at "plenty" and their success rate. I'm by no means an encyclopedia of QBs and their past in the NFL but of the current starting QBs in NFL, how many had maturity issues? Of those current starting QBs, how many would you deem successful? Could a QB get away with maturity issues in prior decades with things like a developmental league, more practice time, grooming, etc... If a car is traveling 50 miles an hour from Chattanooga and Mariota is driving, would he still be able to hit a wide receiver in a tight window? What's Jeff George doing now?

As far as Winston being an "idiot" - I don't think I said that (might be conflating me with someone else) though I'm certainly concerned about his off field behavior and the uneven play on the field. What's with the uneven play in games? Seems like he's got a case of the "Schotty's."

Are you a big fan of his Jrry?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Definition of an idiot:

Informal. an utterly foolish or senseless person:

If you think you can wear that outfit to a job interview and get hired, you're an idiot!

I stand by my statement.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I'll be shocked when Keenum is part of the Texans future plans. Fitzy will be back to likely back....up.... that Savage kid. Maybe just maybe Keenum presses for #3. Maybe.

"Thanks Shotty." :sneaky:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess it depends how one looks at "plenty" and their success rate. I'm by no means an encyclopedia of QBs and their past in the NFL but of the current starting QBs in NFL, how many had maturity issues? Of those current starting QBs, how many would you deem successful? Could a QB get away with maturity issues in prior decades with things like a developmental league, more practice time, grooming, etc... If a car is traveling 50 miles an hour from Chattanooga and Mariota is driving, would he still be able to hit a wide receiver in a tight window? What's Jeff George doing now?

As far as Winston being an "idiot" - I don't think I said that (might be conflating me with someone else) though I'm certainly concerned about his off field behavior and the uneven play on the field. What's with the uneven play in games? Seems like he's got a case of the "Schotty's."

Are you a big fan of his Jrry?

A "fan" of his? No. I think he's going to be a great QB and I want this team to get him.

What current starting QBs had maturity issues in the past? Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Cam Newton...of course, you also have the recently retired Brett Favre on that list.