Lets take a moment to appreciate this guy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Fisher brought the bad out of him. Now that he's with McVay they're making small, smart moves.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Man I love you guys with all these vintage LA Rams avatars--Youngblood, Merlin, RG, late 60's OL v. GB, Dieter, I think I even saw Windel Tyler?? Amazing....

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm glad they kept him. Wanted to see what he would do without Fisher. But....I won't appreciate him till I see some playoff football that finally includes the Rams!!

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
The way you hear the players speak about McVay in their interviews makes me know that he is part of the equation.

I have mad respect for Snead and I was happy when we kept him.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I've been on the fence with Snead. How much of it was him? How much was Fisher? Considering how Fisher was the one who basically hired him, I gotta think the decisions were on Fisher. He even said Goff was his call.

I think this is the first year Snead has autonomy in the personnel decision making process. I'm willing to be patient and see what he can do with it. I want to get excited about the moves. They appear to be good ones. But we've been down that road before. I'm approaching it with cautious optimism.

Ram65

Legend
I don't think Snead gets the credit alone for this off season signings. I think it's a group effort picking them out. Snead needs to gage the market place. I think he did but, you have to ask:

Could the Rams have gotten Woods for less money?

Same with Whitworth?

Kayvon Webster?

Others?

Were there other players that would have been better pick ups?

Love to hear all the stories on who Rams were competing against etc...

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Oh and speaking of appreciation, how about my boy TGII finally running behind a solid OL? Here's a reminder of what the dude is capable of:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4YufUauN88

You know Merlin, just the other day I was researching how the game has changed over the years. Used to be a great RB was the weapon of choice. Then the WCO took over and receivers starting setting and breaking records. I would love to point out a few interesting things about lifetime leaders but another day. Anyhow, I was thinking "who will be the next back to 2,000 in a season, if there will ever be one again". And I'm a homie but Gurley is the prototype to do it under the proper circumstances. He's got vision. He's got giddyup. And his first season he had 11 gains of 20+ and 5 of those went for 40+. In roughly 11 games. Give us a good O line, a WC passing game and the Gurleyman could approach 2,000.

KOWALSKI

Rookie
yeah, the trumaine johnson fiasco never happened.
17 million bucks for a corner the rams don't wanna keep.
what a genius.
because he signed robert woods.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
what a genius.
I'll give you this, KOWALSKI, you sure don't disappoint.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
---This was monitored out of Kowalski's neighborhood---
---Its been verified as Kowalski's voice---

Zodi

Hall of Fame
what a genius.

It sounds like you must have some insider information as to why Johnson wasn't signed to a long-term deal prior to this offseason. Please share!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Exactly! Snead and McVay are fixing problems. Fisher would trot out the old tired cliches about coaching and hard work and everything will right itself as they ignored problems because that would be admitting past mistakes. A very refreshing change from the Rams brain trust.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

You know, getting rid of the guy that's been throwing at a 100 QB rating the last year and a half. . . .