Lets take a moment to appreciate this guy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Kim-Jong-Un-clapping-gif.gif

tempests

Hall of Fame
I see no reason to think Fisher held Snead back, even if their working relationship fractured near the end. Those two absolutely shared the same vision for how this team should be built. There are dozens of interviews and public statements in their five years together that could support this.

But after five years and no winning seasons, a GM has to recognize when something's not working. He has to adapt his approach. Hopefully that's what we're seeing now.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Honestly, if feels like EVERYDAY is Les appreciation day on this forum. I personally do not get all the love for him. The bounty of picks the Rams have squandered since he has been here is well known. Fisher got all the blame for all that went wrong since they were "his picks", so why would Les get any credit for this seasons signings? I assume they are just McVay's guys that Les is reaching out to. If he was merely a yes man for Fisher, why would he be any more for McVay? Do you think Stan gave him MORE power after his performance over the last 5 years? Doubt it. It must be the hair.......weird.

Fisher hired Snead. It's blatantly obvious he had the power in that relationship. This time around, Snead hired McVay. So yeah, clearly based on the signings, they've got connections to Phillips, McVay, Kromer, etc but at the end of the day, Snead is the one negotiating. Not Mcvay, not Phillips, not Kromer, etc. And so far he has landed everyone needed, aside from maybe Ware who decided to retire.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Fisher hired Snead. It's blatantly obvious he had the power in that relationship. This time around, Snead hired McVay. So yeah, clearly based on the signings, they've got connections to Phillips, McVay, Kromer, etc but at the end of the day, Snead is the one negotiating. Not Mcvay, not Phillips, not Kromer, etc. And so far he has landed everyone needed, aside from maybe Ware who decided to retire.
I don't think Snead hired McVay. I am not even sure Snead had a new contract when that went down. That was all Demoff/Kronke IMO.

Edit: Snead was involved in the interview process, but yeah....it was KD and Kronke that made this happen.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-sean-mcvay-20170112-story.html

“I am incredibly honored by this opportunity and I want to start by thanking Mr. Kroenke and Kevin Demoff for their faith in me to lead the Los Angeles Rams as head coach,” McVay said in a statement. “Collectively, we are committed to building a championship-caliber team, and I’m excited to start that process and make our fans proud.”

Last edited:

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
As if the hair wasn't enough, he's also married to Kara Henderson (NFL Network).

So, he's my hero:

600x360-2016-Taste_01.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This is Snead's "Prove It" year. Hopefully these FA moves and the upcoming draft picks will really help with the Win/Lose record.

If not... I would expect a new GM to be brought in. Snead didn't sign a LONG TERM extension.

These new FA players sure do get the blood pumping with excitement... but no team really wins jack shit during this time of year. Many times... the teams who "win" this so called Free Agency period... go on to suck hind tit during the real season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
In another thread I said something about punching someone in the mouth. The thread about our new center...Which led me to this here. Les has done a wonderful job of identifying some urgent needs. It seems odd that all of a sudden he has the pulse...he has a feel for what is truly needed. It has to be the separation from Fish.
The bounty of picks the Rams have squandered since he has been here is well known. Fisher got all the blame for all that went wrong since they were "his picks", so why would Les get any credit for this seasons signings?
I get you....man I do......but I have to believe that FISH pulled the trigger in those war rooms. I mean, we just rid ourselves of almost 8-10 Fisher guys that had many here infuriated on game days. Hell, we even ran Williams outta town too. And we kept Fassel....It's like the ship finally, mercifully has a rudder. I always took Les as a really bright guy...I only questioned it when I saw us draft 4 offensive lineman...I was a little concerned with the obsession of drafting RB's. I actually like the idea of drafting raw guys with upside. But Les, as a football mind, I always figured knew as much as was needed. Now he's finally shed his baggage, and is allowed to "spread his wings", so to speak.

Seems like Fisher was the one holding us back! This off season so far has been truly amazing , they have made all of the right moves
Agreed....Obvious needs are being addressed. What a weird concept????

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Now he's got to land us Chris Godwin or Zay jones, maybe a Guard, then get more D!
Personally, Considering what the Rams have done so far in pre-season, I would like them to go after TJ Watt or Jabrill Peppers before a WR! maybe even Haason Reddick - DE/OLB - Temple !! JMHO!!

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Always liked Snead, the biggest problem with the picks was that they never developed under Fisher-----especially the offensive guys. Snead's a scout, he picked offensive players with upside who need to be "coached-up"-----that is where Fisher let him down, and that's why there was the rift in the end. Compare his offensive picks to "his" defensive picks and you'll the defensive guys (because of Williams' coaching) developed much better than the offensive guys. Players like Tavon, GRob, Quick, JBrown had upside, but saw little to no development-----and that's coaching. Another thing I like about Snead is how he puts his trades together: getting Foles AND the 2nd rounder for Sam, trading the 3rd comp pick instead of our own (which is higher). Finally, say what you want about the Goff trade but, we were desperate for a franchise qb, Keenum would never have taken this team any way near a SB. JMHO of course.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
been a fan since day 1. glad they kept him. still have no idea how much power/say he had with fisher and now with McVay, but still love the guy

edit: love the hair too, of course

don't know if snead is doing this on his own or if he just started to listen to rod posters.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I am a fan of Snead, always have been. But if it ever comes out that he was the one responsible for getting rid of Bradford, then all respect will be lost. I guess I will just blame the mustache for that mistake.