Lets take a moment to appreciate this guy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i

The hair has to be loving this years free agency. While we're not sure how the power is shared it sure seems like there is a lot of production coming out of the Rams front office this year. Can't wait for the draft but I have to imagine that Les feels relieved with the current direction the Rams are heading.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
been a fan since day 1. glad they kept him. still have no idea how much power/say he had with fisher and now with McVay, but still love the guy

edit: love the hair too, of course

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
It's almost like someone isn't holding him back anymore. Not gonna name any names though :whistle:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I'm pretty happy with the moves thus far. All of them have a little risk to them, but you know they didn't overdo it too badly but still managed to get the best LT on the market and a fit WR. The rest of the moves strike me as filling holes to ensure they don't have desperation at certain positions at the draft, but either way I'm stoked and looking forward to seeing what's next with maybe more of that and then the draft.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
+1

I never doubted Snead. It was Fisher's train. Snead went and got Fisher 'his" players. Now he's getting McVay's players.

And his full canvas draft resume under Fisher was pretty good when you look around the league at the full canvas drafts of other teams. I've already beaten that dead horse with posts containing facts and opinions.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I'm pretty happy with the moves thus far. All of them have a little risk to them, but you know they didn't overdo it too badly but still managed to get the best LT on the market and a fit WR. The rest of the moves strike me as filling holes to ensure they don't have desperation at certain positions at the draft, but either way I'm stoked and looking forward to seeing what's next with maybe more of that and then the draft.

IMO the bolded is the biggest difference so far with the change from Fisher. We always knew going into the draft they had to have this or that position. Really so far we don't have that going on. Unless they trade Tru and don't sign another FA CB that is IMO.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Now he's got to land us Chris Godwin or Zay jones, maybe a Guard, then get more D!

TexasRam

Legend
Hey, I might have no idea what he is saying half the time. And he might not either. But I like the moves he makes. He combines cray cray with hard work to come up with some moves that make me go....

giphy.gif

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
It's almost like someone isn't holding him back anymore. Not gonna name any names though :whistle:

LOL... I will.

Fisher. I loved you because you looked like Ron Swanson

s06-ep12-willienelson-1000x500.jpg

... But seeing this offseason, you disappoint me sir. :(

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
I think there's another effect as well that has nothing to do with whether Fisher or Snead was in control.

The bottom line is you have to have an attractive place for players to play. They have to see a fit, and be excited about playing for a coach or system. That's something Fisher couldn't provide. McVay and Wade seem to.

I think that makes Snead look better, even if he's not doing anything differently (and how would I know, haha). We actually have an incentive beyond money to offer players.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-best-player-at-every-position-in-nfl-week-9/

"Slot receiver: Robert Woods, Buffalo Bills, 88.3

Tyrod Taylor had a pretty good day himself, and his receiver Robert Woods was a big reason for it. Woods caught 10 passes for 162 yards on 13 targets and beat five different Seattle defenders for receptions. He showed a great feel for adjusting to his QB when the play broke down, and the ability to find open areas and make tough sideline grabs when Taylor eventually got the ball out."

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think it also comes down to HAVING to win NOW. I don't think McVay and Phillips signed up to be a sub .500 team. I don't want anymore of this 8 and 8 bullcrap...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Definitely like the aggressiveness and proactivity.
Of course the off season will be judged solely on the performance during the regular season but still it has been a lot of fun.
I'm still not certain Snead hadn't been doing great all along, if the chef can't cook a meal with the ingredients he's given and the manager didn't hire the chef, who's to blame?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Honestly, if feels like EVERYDAY is Les appreciation day on this forum. I personally do not get all the love for him. The bounty of picks the Rams have squandered since he has been here is well known. Fisher got all the blame for all that went wrong since they were "his picks", so why would Les get any credit for this seasons signings? I assume they are just McVay's guys that Les is reaching out to. If he was merely a yes man for Fisher, why would he be any more for McVay? Do you think Stan gave him MORE power after his performance over the last 5 years? Doubt it. It must be the hair.......weird.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Seems like Fisher was the one holding us back! This off season so far has been truly amazing , they have made all of the right moves