Les Snead appreciation thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I'm so glad that McVay decided to keep Snead on. He's a top three GM, if not the best in the league.
Do you think McVay had a say on if Snead stays or not? Demoff kept Snead for a reason and I can't imagine a rookie, unproven head coach coming in and having control like that.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
sfOJMpq.png

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is there a NFL GM of the year award? If not, maybe they should invent one and call it the Les Snead Award. Seriously, Kroenke should at least give him a raise for all the overtime he's put in. He looks like a man with a plan and I can't wait to see the other pieces fall into place.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Is there a NFL GM of the year award? If not, maybe they should invent one and call it the Les Snead Award. Seriously, Kroenke should at least give him a raise for all the overtime he's put in. He looks like a man with a plan and I can't wait to see the other pieces fall into place.

Executive of the year is pretty much what you're looking for.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Look at that list from Siciliano in the last 2 weeks. Simply amazing. And he's not done!

Not just that, I don't have the exact numbers, but about the Rams save about 5M against the cap in 2018 and 10M in 2019.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Remember when we used to see other teams make these deals and think "why didn't the rams do that?" Well now other fans are saying that about rams trades. Well done snead.

Of course this doesn't guarantee success but snead is making it much easier for the team to have success.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
maxresdefault.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/971935578806611968

Rams front office for a long time has taken a lot of grief. Not just from us fans but from other fans. Ridiculed us for draft picks, free agent signings and trades. Les Snead has shown his worth and he's proudly displaying some serious brass nuggets. The turn around of this team in the last year and 2 months isn't just about the amazing new Head Coach we have. It shows a lot about that guy wearing the GM title. Look at that list from Siciliano in the last 2 weeks. Simply amazing. And he's not done!

What a min..we lost a 2nd round pick next year??

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What a min..we lost a 2nd round pick next year??
In the Peters trade as well as our 7th next year in I think it was the Quinn trade. Les seems to have an aversion to 2nd and 7th round picks.

Name
Rod
I hope Snead doesn't report to Demoff. Think he reports directly to Kroenke. I think it was Kroenke that kept Les. At least I sure hope Demoff doesn't have that power. He is not a football guy, haven't we had enough trouble with non-football guys running the Rams. Think Zygmunt ! It's my understanding that Demoff was a number cruncher and negotiator.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
9'ers added Jimmy G and Les Snead was like 'fuck that, I'm gonna fix this'

Psycho_X

Legend
In the Peters trade as well as our 7th next year in I think it was the Quinn trade. Les seems to have an aversion to 2nd and 7th round picks.

Brian Quick still haunts him. It's been his mission since to pick guarantees or just get rid of the damn thing all together.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He was technically Fisher's boss, even though Fish helped to hire him. Stems from a fukked up chain of command.

It was an unorthodox setup and putting Demoff in the mix during the process of bringing in Snead and McVay is weird since Demoff is simply a financial guy.

Fisher was his boss.

Essentially yeah Fisher ran the show.

Do you think McVay had a say on if Snead stays or not? Demoff kept Snead for a reason and I can't imagine a rookie, unproven head coach coming in and having control like that.

I hope Snead doesn't report to Demoff. Think he reports directly to Kroenke. I think it was Kroenke that kept Les. At least I sure hope Demoff doesn't have that power. He is not a football guy, haven't we had enough trouble with non-football guys running the Rams. Think Zygmunt ! It's my understanding that Demoff was a number cruncher and negotiator.

McVay had nothing to do with Snead staying, in fact Snead interviewed and did backgroud work regarding McVay.

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington...room-trust-was-major-reason-hiring-sean-mcvay

I think Demoff is sort of a totally different "department", distinct in pretty much every way from Snead and McVay.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If there was some success with McVay and Wade, but McVay and Snead had tension... there's a chance Snead would be gone.

Thankfully, our Young Guns are totally sympatico... so we got them both, hopefully, for a long, long time.

Name
Rod
Yeah, good comments. I believe the Rams have an ideal set up. McVay & Snead are from about the same generation. These guys probably think alike and hopefully get along well. We could have a winning management team here for a long time. After all the management turmoil that is part of Rams history I think we have that coming.