Les Snead appreciation thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
He's actually been allowed to be a GM since Fisher left. If Fisher was still around, Tree, Quinn and GRob would be around and the Rams would be rushing to sign the first free agent they could find from the Tennessee Titans next week. Then in the draft he'd take some reach no one has heard of and claim him special.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If there was some success with McVay and Wade, but McVay and Snead had tension... there's a chance Snead would be gone.

Thankfully, our Young Guns are totally sympatico... so we got them both, hopefully, for a long, long time.

I suspect that the two would work together and just deal with the tension if the team was winning and in contention. That would be the key. If the team fell out of contention then one would probably leave and usually the HC takes the fall.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's actually been allowed to be a GM since Fisher left. If Fisher was still around, Tree, Quinn and GRob would be around and the Rams would be rushing to sign the first free agent they could find from the Tennessee Titans next week. Then in the draft he'd take some reach no one has heard of and claim him special.

@SoCalRam78 I know you are half joking, sort of.

I wonder how much the "method" has changed. Is Snead putting players in front of the HC and letting him make the decision? Is it a discussion and vote? Is it need or BPA? Does Snead make the decision alone?

I think it used to be the former and now it's the latter most of the time. But I'm not sure we really know, and I suspect that these two get a lot of input from the staff they have.

It's certainly yielding different results in player acquisitions that's for sure!

The list of guys added to the roster last off season and so far this off season is unlike anything I can recall from a Rams GM.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder how much the "method" has changed. Is Snead putting players in front of the HC and letting him make the decision? Is it a discussion and vote? Is it need or BPA? Does Snead make the decision alone?

i'm pretty sure the coaches tell him who they want and he goes and gets them.

look at the players he got during the fisher years and the players he's getting right now. chalk and cheese.

he was getting athletes that weren't football savvy for fisher. he's getting football players that are athletic for mcvay. that tells me the coaches have input into the decision making process.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL....know me pretty well.

We shall see...
Dude, yur weird......But we all love you in a totally heterosexual way.....Weird is good!

8UuPQ7E.png

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Rams management like sharks in the water smelling blood, They know they're close. Les is getting what Wade wants. Backfield almost done.

Next up--Linebackers, NT and edgerusher. Les still has cap space left and I expect another big splash there too.

Gutsy moves so far. I'm afraid to turn off my pc because I'll miss something.

No shit, I went to bed yesterday just to get to work and find out Snead traded for Talib. I was impressed with the moves before Talib, now I'm ready to chug the kool aid.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
maxresdefault.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/971935578806611968

Rams front office for a long time has taken a lot of grief. Not just from us fans but from other fans. Ridiculed us for draft picks, free agent signings and trades. Les Snead has shown his worth and he's proudly displaying some serious brass nuggets. The turn around of this team in the last year and 2 months isn't just about the amazing new Head Coach we have. It shows a lot about that guy wearing the GM title. Look at that list from Siciliano in the last 2 weeks. Simply amazing. And he's not done!

Thought this thread was going to be about his hair.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
maxresdefault.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/971935578806611968

Rams front office for a long time has taken a lot of grief. Not just from us fans but from other fans. Ridiculed us for draft picks, free agent signings and trades. Les Snead has shown his worth and he's proudly displaying some serious brass nuggets. The turn around of this team in the last year and 2 months isn't just about the amazing new Head Coach we have. It shows a lot about that guy wearing the GM title. Look at that list from Siciliano in the last 2 weeks. Simply amazing. And he's not done!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I hope Snead doesn't report to Demoff. Think he reports directly to Kroenke. I think it was Kroenke that kept Les. At least I sure hope Demoff doesn't have that power. He is not a football guy, haven't we had enough trouble with non-football guys running the Rams. Think Zygmunt ! It's my understanding that Demoff was a number cruncher and negotiator.
Demoff has been around football his entire life. I think you’re selling him a little short.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fisher was his boss.
Maybe so the first couple years. Fish was reported to be a big part of the hiring but when a guy is doing his job and another is not, the dynamics change rapidly. But then again... didn’t Demoff work with Les in ATL? I’m not sure that chain of command was ever in effect.

Do you think McVay had a say on if Snead stays or not? Demoff kept Snead for a reason and I can't imagine a rookie, unproven head coach coming in and having control like that.
I really can’t either. I think they trusted Snead from his body of work and that preceded his coming to the Rams.

It was an unorthodox setup and putting Demoff in the mix during the process of bringing in Snead and McVay is weird since Demoff is simply a financial guy.
Um.... no he’s not. He has grown up around football and may be a number cruncher by “education” but he has spent most of his career in football operations and his dad was an agent. Anyone worth a damn in any industry studies their industry and I don’t buy that KD hasn’t as well.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Let’s not over complicate this. Both regimes were collaborations with specific roles. The coach envisions what kind of players and schemes he wants to run. The GM researches the players available. Demoff calculates the costs and suggests a plan. Assistant coaches and scouts give input and implement the plan. They all adjust as injuries and league developments occur. McVay and Fisher had final say but took into account the input from others. The fact that McVay and Phillips are better coordinators and leaders than their predecessors is the major difference. The structure of the organization remains basically unchanged.

With that said, Snead is special. He’s always been bold. We are fortunate to have him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Um.... no he’s not. He has grown up around football and may be a number cruncher by “education” but he has spent most of his career in football operations and his dad was an agent. Anyone worth a damn in any industry studies their industry and I don’t buy that KD hasn’t as well.

He's only ever been a financial guy, that's been his role from the start. He has little experience at anything else outside of contract negotiations, cap management and some marketing here and there. And when they planned the move he was part of that process, which is outside of actual football stuff.

So it's not just his education it's what he's done as a career. His operations experience is exactly what I am describing.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He's only ever been a financial guy, that's been his role from the start. He has little experience at anything else outside of contract negotiations, cap management and some marketing here and there. And when they planned the move he was part of that process, which is outside of actual football stuff.

So it's not just his education it's what he's done as a career. His operations experience is exactly what I am describing.

He's also a big part of managing the new stadium construction along with the architects and contractors.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's also a big part of managing the new stadium construction along with the architects and contractors.

I think he played a big role in the move and logistics but at the point construction started I would think that Kroenke hired or already has a project manager. Demoff may be a bit involved but oversight would have to go to someone who knows that industry. Plus Kroenke is hands on with this project I'm guessing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW's as soon as Les Snead is hosting the Lombardi Trophy for the Los Angeles Rams, then I will start an appreciation thread.