Les Snead appreciation thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
@SoCalRam78 I know you are half joking, sort of.

I wonder how much the "method" has changed. Is Snead putting players in front of the HC and letting him make the decision? Is it a discussion and vote? Is it need or BPA? Does Snead make the decision alone?

I think it used to be the former and now it's the latter most of the time. But I'm not sure we really know, and I suspect that these two get a lot of input from the staff they have.

It's certainly yielding different results in player acquisitions that's for sure!

The list of guys added to the roster last off season and so far this off season is unlike anything I can recall from a Rams GM.
I think the Rams are doing things based on the same hierarchy as before. I think the FO and coaching staff talk about their needs and possible solutions. Snead knows his competition, what their needs are and some of the things that might be possible. Reports different scenarios to the collective group and as a group, they set their priorities. Snead then sets out to do his job, keeping everyone in the loop. Adjusting as things change. I think so far they are executing plan A.

In the past I don't think the coaching staff went for most of Snead's scenario's. Fisher never had any urgency. He was use to mediocrity and the way he always did things. They worked before and would work again...eventually. This coach not so much. Plus the owner needs a draw to fill his new stadium. Fisher was okay in St Louis because the owner always had his eye on LA. Once we got to LA and Fisher continued to show no urgency, BOOM the ax fell and the new philosophy was installed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He's only ever been a financial guy, that's been his role from the start. He has little experience at anything else outside of contract negotiations, cap management and some marketing here and there. And when they planned the move he was part of that process, which is outside of actual football stuff.

So it's not just his education it's what he's done as a career. His operations experience is exactly what I am describing.
Geeze Les. Do you ever learn your industry or do you just sell a product? Don’t be so damned dismissive. None of us have achieved his level yet I would bet that most of us know more than the narrow scope of our daily job. If you want to be successful and ARE successful, you know the ins and outs of your industry. You just do.

Most HOFers don’t become HCs. But why? They clearly are FOOTBALL people. I think we should have Lawrence Taylor dealing with our player acquisitions or maybe contract negotiations. o_O

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Geeze Les. Do you ever learn your industry or do you just sell a product? Don’t be so damned dismissive. None of us have achieved his level yet I would bet that most of us know more than the narrow scope of our daily job. If you want to be successful and ARE successful, you know the ins and outs of your industry. You just do.

Most HOFers don’t become HCs. But why? They clearly are FOOTBALL people. I think we should have Lawrence Taylor dealing with our player acquisitions or maybe contract negotiations. o_O

I'm sure he has a serviceable understanding, no question. But so did JZ.

Would you expect a guy who has been a HC for years to ubnderstand all of the details of the zillions of cap rules? He may kinda know some stuff but not enough to work a contract.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm sure he has a serviceable understanding, no question. But so did JZ.

Would you expect a guy who has been a HC for years to ubnderstand all of the details of the zillions of cap rules? He may kinda know some stuff but not enough to work a contract.
Um.... neither JZ nor Shaw had any football experience before coming to the Rams. Zero, zip, nada. Trying to make a comparison to that clown show is really being disengenuous as I know you couldn’t stand that duo either.

No I wouldn’t expect that of a head coach. But I also wouldn’t expect that of most team presidents either. We are talking specifically about KD. He actually does know football and has lived and breathed it his entire life. I suspect he has a pretty good handle on who is who in football circles.