LaVar Ball is an idiot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
First he says you can't win an NCAA title with three white guys on the team. Nevermind that his son flopped that night and went 4-10 from the field and jacked up 6 three pointers and only made one and had 4 turnovers.

And he wants a 1BIL (yes billion) dollar shoe deal for the three of them. LOL yeah sure.

He runs his mouth nonstop and says really stupid shit.....that is not helping his kids. Parents like this irk me, I wish his dick would fall off.

I've never seen an athlete with a parent like this succeed in pro sports. If I was an NBA GM I think I would be afraid to draft him.

And what's with the stupid ass names he gave all thre of his sons? WTF was he thinking? Lonzo? LiAngelo? LaMelo? Are you high motherfucker?

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I wrote about this in the college basketball thread. This guy is a moron.

First he says you can't win an NCAA title with three white guys on the team. Nevermind that his son flopped that night and went 4-10 from the field and jacked up 6 three pointers and only made one and had 4 turnovers.

And he wants a 1BIL (yes billion) dollar shoe deal for the three of them. LOL yeah sure.

He runs his mouth nonstop and says really stupid crap.....that is not helping his kids. Parents like this irk me, I wish his dick would fall off.

I've never seen an athlete with a parent like this succeed in pro sports. If I was an NBA GM I think I would be afraid to draft him.

And what's with the stupid ass names he gave all thre of his sons? WTF was he thinking? Lonzo? LiAngelo? LaMelo? Are you high motherfreaker?

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Ill put that post here too.

Man Lavar Ball really should just shut his mouth. This dude doesnt get it at all and is hurting his sons everytime he opens his mouth. One of those "white guys" is a top 5 all time leading scorer at UCLA (Bryce Alford) and the other is a possible NBA lottery pick (TJ Leaf). This is pure ignorance. And lastly the 3rd white guy (Thomas Welsh) averaged almost a double double on the year with 11pts and 9 rebs. All 3 of these guys were vital to how good UCLA was this season.This guy is the worst part of getting the Ball brothers at UCLA.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...lavar-ball-casts-blame-ucla-bruins-white-guys

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He doesn't come off as intelligent, but he has everyone talking about him.

If his phylosophy is," all publicity, is good publicity" then he's done well.
He's being talked about on radio, TV stations and by sports stars.

...But I can't stand his shtick.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If his phylosophy is," all publicity, is good publicity" then he's done well.
He's being talked about on radio, TV stations and by sports stars.

That sentiment is miles from the truth and the media are not kind to people like him. If I were the Dean at UCLA I would tell him and his kids to go play elsewhere.

His son is half white by the way, maybe thats why he sucked in that game.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Lonzo Ball's daddy isn't doing him any favors
Remember Jason Kidd's loud mouth wife? Same difference

Ball may slide to the 3rd pick thanks to his dad's big mouth, but i don't see that helping the Lakers at all. Someone help me envision Russell at the 2 and Ball at the 1 in Walton's grand scheme

Although he showed flashes in that kentucky game, Ball got destroyed by Fox

And i don't want a guy like Fox on the Laker's roster when we have Russell

I don't see how the Lakers go near Lonzo Ball with Russell and Clarkson already your 1 & 2
We don't need a Josh Jackson either when we just drafted Ingram

Russell, Ingram, and Zublocka are the core
Everyone else is expendable

That leaves the 2 and the 4 and Ball seems like we'd be starting over - Ball will need 2 years like Russell to get fully acclimated

I think a guy like Lauri Markkanen is a better selection if we get the 3rd pick and a glass eater with the second of our 1sts

Markkanen can shoot the 3 for a 7 footer like nobody else ever, and is versatile as heck, the guy is agile and his shot will be uncontested in the NBA - everyrhing the Lakers need

Not withstanding free agency, here's what I'd like to see in 2018

Russell
Clarkson
Ingram
Markkanen
Zubac

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't stand the guy. Almost makes you wanna root against his kids. And that's a shame

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Guy doesn't bother me that much. I actually think he is kind of funny and will probably get his kids close to the 1B deal he wants.

I don't know the context of what he said about the white kids. Was he laughing, smiling, is there more to the quote? He is also the guy who said he could beat Jordan 1 on 1. So it's hard to take everything he says seriously. He was on the radio a couple days ago in Boston and he was funny.

If the Celtics draft Ball I could care less about his dad. Only care about the player.

All this being said, if his kid is good he won't hurt anything and pretty soon his focus will be on Langelo then Melo.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
He is also the guy who said he could beat Jordan 1 on 1. So it's hard to take everything he says seriously.

He's also the guy who said he was better than Greg Louganis and the problem was the shorts. So, any time LaVar says something, the sort of meta context is that it's from the guy who said he could beat Jordan and Louganis, back in the day. I guess if people want to take LaVar seriously, or even if anyone wants to care what he says, they can do so at their own risk.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8fQl_aW5SU

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I think it is a bit of schtick, I have heard him before all the pub and he was pretty well spoken just came off as a proud poppa. Now he is over the top and a distraction and yes after following the Ball Boyz @ Chino Hills a pretty local School and becoming quite impressed he has made me very leery of the Lakers drafting Lonzo. I know his mom was very ill and his dad and brothers didn't make their usual trek to his game against Kentucky but he didn't play well in the clutch. I will say that after watching UCLA basketball for my entire life the kid has vision and passing ability somewhere on the Jason Kidd level. I just hope his dad doesn't hurt him, seems like a longshot. Tiger and the Williams sisters managed but that wasn't quite this level of distraction.
@Dieter the Brock I like Markkenen a lot as well, If daddy wasn't a problem I would take Lonzo over Russell any day and I am a Russell fan But Lonzo is a true PG and I think you could play both with Ing and Zu and grab your big name FA. Bring Paul George Home Please.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's working for him. He's simply taking the Skip Bayless shtick to the next level.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
As a UCLA fan, I hope the father sends the other 2 sons elsewhere after high school. If their sole intention is to play in the NBA, and not get a college education, then let them spend the year doing something else while waiting for their NBA eligibility to kick in. I want the players that have committed to the school for an education and an opportunity to play for a great basketball program to work together for a number of years and become as great as they can together. These 1-and-done, I'm only here because I can't go straight to the NBA type players can take a hike aye! lol ..... had to get in my old Doug & Bob McKenzie line in

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Guy doesn't bother me that much. I actually think he is kind of funny and will probably get his kids close to the 1B deal he wants.

Racist remarks should bother you. And no he isn't going to get his kids anywhere NEAR a billion dollar shoe deal. Jordan makes about 100 million a year on the best selling sneakers in the WORLD. His kids won't see anything like that. We don't even know if they will all make it in the NBA.

It's working for him. He's simply taking the Skip Bayless shtick to the next level.

It's not working though jrry, he's irritating people and has gone over the top too many times and this recent rant about white players has a lot of people upset and rightfully so. When people begin questioning drafting a player because of a parent that means the parent went over the line. He's at his kids HS games yelling at his son, telling him what to do, against the coaches wishes. He's crashed the locker room to complain. He's a problem and he isn't going away.

He's lost his mind.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not working though jrry, he's irritating people and has gone over the top too many times and this recent rant about white players has a lot of people upset and rightfully so. When people begin questioning drafting a player because of a parent that means the parent went over the line. He's at his kids HS games yelling at his son, telling him what to do, against the coaches wishes. He's crashed the locker room to complain. He's a problem and he isn't going away.

He's lost his mind.

His son will go top 5 and be just fine. It is working. He keeps being put on ESPN, he keeps getting attention, and he's gotten his brand out there. It's absolutely working for the guy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
His son will go top 5 and be just fine. It is working. He keeps being put on ESPN, he keeps getting attention, and he's gotten his brand out there. It's absolutely working for the guy.

How can you say it's working for him while the media is slaying him for his dumbass comments?

Where this son gets drafted won't be meaningful.

He's on ESPN.......meh......he's a trainwreck.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How can you say it's working for him while the media is slaying him for his dumbass comments?

Where this son gets drafted won't be meaningful.

He's on ESPN.......meh......he's a trainwreck.

How many millions has Skip Bayless made off of doing the same thing? Ball is trying to get his brand out there. Being a dumbass on TV just gets him more air time and more free publicity.

Deadstock

Digital Designer
Name
Deadstock
How many millions has Skip Bayless made off of doing the same thing? Ball is trying to get his brand out there. Being a dumbass on TV just gets him more air time and more free publicity.
and puts a target on his children's backs

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Rappaport went savage on him. That was nice.
As a LAker fan I don't want the team going anywhere near this dude.
There's a good chance he turns into a great player, but he's one ACL tear away from being a complete bust. And I can guarantee there's players licking their chops to put this kid and (by association) his Dad on their ass.

Can't stand parents like this, talking all that BIG talk and living vicariously through their kids because they couldn't / didn't make it. Saying he "created" them and made them what they are today... wouldn't be surprised if the kids had a secret plot to pull a Menendez brothers on the bastard.

He's getting the publicity by being a loud mouth... and BSPN is eating it up. Be loud and make bold and controversial statements and you get insta-fame these days.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Lonzo Ball's daddy isn't doing him any favors
Remember Jason Kidd's loud mouth wife? Same difference

Ball may slide to the 3rd pick thanks to his dad's big mouth, but i don't see that helping the Lakers at all. Someone help me envision Russell at the 2 and Ball at the 1 in Walton's grand scheme

Although he showed flashes in that kentucky game, Ball got destroyed by Fox

And i don't want a guy like Fox on the Laker's roster when we have Russell

I don't see how the Lakers go near Lonzo Ball with Russell and Clarkson already your 1 & 2
We don't need a Josh Jackson either when we just drafted Ingram

Russell, Ingram, and Zublocka are the core
Everyone else is expendable

That leaves the 2 and the 4 and Ball seems like we'd be starting over - Ball will need 2 years like Russell to get fully acclimated

I think a guy like Lauri Markkanen is a better selection if we get the 3rd pick and a glass eater with the second of our 1sts

Markkanen can shoot the 3 for a 7 footer like nobody else ever, and is versatile as heck, the guy is agile and his shot will be uncontested in the NBA - everyrhing the Lakers need

Not withstanding free agency, here's what I'd like to see in 2018

Russell
Clarkson
Ingram
Markkanen
Zubac

Randle/Deng and the pick (if they get it) for PG13 and Glen Robinson III

D-Lo
PG
Ingram
Nance
Zubi