La'el Collins news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, actually this is not the case. Actually, it is that the Government does NOT have the power to compel an individual to talk to them, especially when it may incriminate themselves. This is a very important distinction.

What do you mean?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
What do you mean?
The system was established such that I only answer to God. In other words, I have unlimited rights with no boundaries on them whatsoever. Unless, of course, I infringe on another human's unlimited rights. In that case, we all collectively put in place a Gov't to mitigate the impact of infringement and to administer the delivery of justice. We never gave the gov't the power to force anyone to do anything during this process. The gov't is just a servant to the process, a servant to the people who ultimately execute justice via a jury of their peers system.

But all of that has been usurped, and now we think the gov't has this power, and that the people are just bystanders. When, in fact, the gov't was never given the power to force people to submit to interviews and questioning. The people are and have always been above gov't. But the media has co-opted this.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
No, actually this is not the case. Actually, it is that the Government does NOT have the power to compel an individual to talk to them, especially when it may incriminate themselves. This is a very important distinction.
I'm not understanding the distinction.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And under the original intent of our Founders, people were under no obligation to speak with the state, or answer their questions. Now if you don't do it, people are under the impression that you have something to hide.

Tell me, who's looking out for this kid's liberty while his freedom to make a living for him and his family is currently being crushed? As of right now, this kid has done nothing to hurt anyone. We know no different.

he should be looking out for his own liberty. the fact that teams have no idea about whether he is involved or not is what is hurting him. it's all up to him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lawfully they can "Investigate" whom every they feel is a possible suspect. BUT!! a person has the right to refuse to answer any questions without an attorney present, and even then does not legally have to answer ANY question! that's the Law! Innocent Until proven guilty!! "Possible Motive" is not enough for me to Hang the Kid!

there is no pressure on you to assume his innocence. the gm of every team though is under enormous pressure if he screws up the pick.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'm not understanding the distinction.
The way the media tells us, it makes one believe that one is "given" a right to with hold information ("take the 5th) by someone..... perhaps say the gov't.

But it the 5th Amendment does not grant people power to with hold information, nor does the gov't give people this power. God gives us this power.

The 1st case leads one to believe that human rights are limited. While in actuality they are not.

Further, it is not humans who are "granted" rights, but infact it is the gov't that is granted powers by humans.

It's all comes down to the source of ones power, who is giving power to whom, and who has limits and who does not.

iced

I'm not sure I get the hate on Collins.

If he was a suspect - then you pull him off the board. If they just want back ground information on her because he dated her in the past, that's a different story (this was the initial report)

I'd grab him in the 2nd or 3rd if he's still there - that's not enough to scare me away.

nighttrain

Legend
Collins needs to hire a lawyer to go to the police and speak for him, if he is in Chicago for the draft it's not possible to be in two places at one time. Conference call should work.
train

Jorgeh0605

The way the media tells us, it makes one believe that one is "given" a right to with hold information ("take the 5th) by someone..... perhaps say the gov't.

But it the 5th Amendment does not grant people power to with hold information, nor does the gov't give people this power. God gives us this power.

The 1st case leads one to believe that human rights are limited. While in actuality they are not.

Further, it is not humans who are "granted" rights, but infact it is the gov't that is granted powers by humans.

It's all comes down to the source of ones power, who is giving power to whom, and who has limits and who does not.
ok so you are just reminding us that sovereignty lies with the people and that the government should be seen as a tool or device vs an individual entity capable of retaining power. Either way, Collins is not protected from public opinion if he decides to not speak with the police.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'm gonna guess he's saying - it's not that we have "the right" to remain silent, it's that the government cannot force you to
The gov't was never given the power to make a person talk. The people simply never gave this power to the gov't. The 5th Amendment specifically states that this power was never granted to the gov't.

It's all about what powers the people gave to gov't, not about what "rights' the people have. Our rights come from God, not a document written by men.

This distinction is huge.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
ok so you are just reminding us that sovereignty lies with the people and that the government should be seen as a tool or device vs an individual entity capable of retaining power. Either way, Collins is not protected from public opinion if he decides to not speak with the police.
well, the public has been conditioned to think negatively about someone who does not acquiesce to the wishes of the authorities. It wasn't always this way.

Jorgeh0605

well, the public has been conditioned to think negatively about someone who does not acquiesce to the wishes of the authorities. It wasn't always this way.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. IMO you tack on some risk for Collins which should lower his stock a bit, possibly out of the first round. Assuming he is guilty of a case in which he hasn't been identified as a suspect yet and taking him completely off your board is a bit extreme. However it is the prerogative of the business to do just that. A good company will take a chance at some point in the draft.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is me on Twitter btw

@WilFay33: Time for the Rams investigators to be all over the La'el Collins situation.