La'el Collins news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Wow, this is just crazy. Just terrible timing for Collins if he actually had nothing to do with it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd have to take him off of my board with the information we have now.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
How is it fair to Collins to be punished by losing millions of dollars if he had nothing to do with it? How would you guys feel if you lost your job because your ex girlfriend was murdered but you had nothing to do with it? Screw that Im still drafting the guy.

jjab360

Legend
How is it fair to Collins to be punished by losing millions of dollars if he had nothing to do with it? How would you guys feel if you lost your job because your ex girlfriend was murdered but you had nothing to do with it? Screw that Im still drafting the guy.
But you can't draft him until you know for sure. Otherwise you're the team that drafted the player who murdered his pregnant ex-girlfriend. Nevermind that it's a wasted pick, that PR nightmare is unimaginable.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It's not fair if he has nothing to do with it, but the risk outweighs the reward. How can you afford to pick the guy if he is implicated in the murder. You lose credibility, respect from your fans, and whatever pick you use on him.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
It's not fair if he has nothing to do with it, but the risk outweighs the reward. How can you afford to pick the guy if he is implicated in the murder. You lose credibility, respect from your fans, and whatever pick you use on him.
Why does everyone assume he did it? By all indications he had nothing to do with it. If Im the Rams I take the chance on him.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
It seems to me that Collins could apply to be excluded from this draft. Then if Collins checks out OK, he could be added this summer's supplemental draft.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Why does everyone assume he did it? By all indications he had nothing to do with it. If Im the Rams I take the chance on him.
I'm not assuming he did it.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
PR blows over and the money is pennies to an nfl owner to me he is too good to not take a chance on given that he is most likely completely innocent.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It seems to me that Collins could apply to be excluded from this draft. Then if Collins checks out OK, he could be added this summer's supplemental draft.
That might be the smartest thing that could happen. He wouldn't lose his draft slot that way by being picked in the 3rd, or wherever he is picked if he stays in.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Jay Glazer:
Scoopage: Agent for LSU's La'el Collins trying to pull him from this draft allowing him time to clear his name then enter Supplemental Draft

And the plot thickens...:cautious:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
PR blows over and the money is pennies to an nfl owner to me he is too good to not take a chance on given that he is most likely completely innocent.
So, what do you know about the case that makes him...your words, "that he is most likely completely innocent"?

I hope he is completely innocent, the NFL doesn't need anymore of this bullshit. I hope that they catch and prosecute whoever, and/or whomever is responsible for the senseless murder of a pregnant woman.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Just because someone you know is murdered that automatically makes you guilty?

Collins' attorney, Jim Boren, told police his client is in Chicago getting ready for the NFL draft. But Boren told ESPN he has been in constant contact with the lead detective on the case and he spoke with the district attorney Tuesday.
"We took the investigation seriously," Boren said from his offices Tuesday. "We've tried to rule him out as a suspect. We're going to provide that information to the police, and ultimately [Collins] will sit down and talk to them. But the timing is poor."
Mills was found shot to death in her apartment Friday night by police, who rushed her to the hospital, where her infant was delivered.
"We have identified where La'el was the day the lady was murdered to establish he was nowhere around," Boren told ESPN. "We have offered to give names, witnesses who can vouch for his whereabouts that day until after the woman's body was discovered. We believe that when [police] have verified that information, that they will rule him out as a suspect in the homicide, just as I believe he should be."

TD2

UDFA
Jay Glazer:
Scoopage: Agent for LSU's La'el Collins trying to pull him from this draft allowing him time to clear his name then enter Supplemental Draft

And the plot thickens...:cautious:

That might be the most fair for everyone. If he falls or is not drafted in this draft and is eventually cleared it would be very unfair. Also it would not be fair to the teams who might have drafted him.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Could be great news for the rams if he truly is inocent. They could draft Flowers or peat or whoever they like and have two 2nd rounders next year that I would gladly give up one of those to land Collins assuming he had nothing to do with this murder. How awsome would that be!

62ramsfan

UDFA
They're saying that the supplemental draft is for players who thought they were going to be able to go back to college for another year, but then can't for various reasons. Collins is already a graduating senior with no more college eligibility. Word at the moment is that they're not going to let him go supplemental.

Tough situation. The police always say that someone is "a person of interest" and not a suspect, even when he really is a suspect. They don't call him a suspect until they have some evidence. They may actually think that he did it. You can't tell from what's been said so far, except that his agent claims there will be people who will provide an alibi. You can't always believe that either. Sometimes such witnesses are "bought" and provided a story.

Somebody who was with him needs to step up and go public with their story of where he was at the time.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Lawfully they can "Investigate" whom every they feel is a possible suspect. BUT!! a person has the right to refuse to answer any questions without an attorney present, and even then does not legally have to answer ANY question! that's the Law! Innocent Until proven guilty!! "Possible Motive" is not enough for me to Hang the Kid!
The law protects him from the government. It has no bearing on how his peers, fans, and possible employers view him. Just like he has the right to remain silent, we have the right to cast personal judgement on him for doing so. He is now a risk so his stock will fall. I'd take him late round 2 though.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Just like he has the right to remain silent
No, actually this is not the case. Actually, it is that the Government does NOT have the power to compel an individual to talk to them, especially when it may incriminate themselves. This is a very important distinction.