Kurt Warner on Edmonds-McKernon Show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As I said, if you don't want to talk about it or read about it, just go to one of the other hundreds of threads about the Rams on ROD. Warner hasn't been a Ram for even longer than Bulger so it's not like the thread title implied something fresh or current Rams related. Just steer clear. No biggie. Why interrupt a perfectly civil conversation that others are having? It doesn't interest you but it does apparently interest some. Why not respect that?
The thread about what Warner said was interesting. So no - it's not about going to another thread. It's more about not subverting the thread into a divisive shit storm Bulger. It is of my opinion that no good was coming from bringing Bulger into the thread. You don't like that take, maybe you should go elsewhere. Kurt is still in the news. He is a talking head. He is THE front and center of this thread. The thread was all about what Warner said. Where does Bulger belong in the thread besides as a flash point?

moklerman

Warner-phile
The thread about what Warner said was interesting. So no - it's not about going to another thread. It's more about not subverting the thread into a divisive crap storm Bulger. It is of my opinion that no good was coming from bringing Bulger into the thread. You don't like that take, maybe you should go elsewhere. Kurt is still in the news. He is a talking head. He is THE front and center of this thread. The thread was all about what Warner said. Where does Bulger belong in the thread besides as a flash point?
So, you feel that Warner stating that he considers himself more of a Cardinal than a Ram in no way relates to Bulger being given the starting job over Warner? You think this is just some ploy to soil Bulger's name? Wasn't it Martz who was brought up first and the conversation just led to Bulger? Seems like a pretty linear progression.

But I'm open to other lines of though. Please expand on what you thought was so interesting about what Warner said that doesn't relate to his time with the Rams.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't get what all the hubbub is about. Why wouldn't you choose Arizona?

It's hot and smells like old people.

But it's a dry smell, so it's OK.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So, you feel that Warner stating that he considers himself more of a Cardinal than a Ram in no way relates to Bulger being given the starting job over Warner? You think this is just some ploy to soil Bulger's name? Wasn't it Martz who was brought up first and the conversation just led to Bulger? Seems like a pretty linear progression.

But I'm open to other lines of though. Please expand on what you thought was so interesting about what Warner said that doesn't relate to his time with the Rams.
That (the bolded) was a different thread. That was not what this thread was about. Look man. We may agree and disagree on a lot of points. Historically, you and I are pretty much on the same page regarding Bulger. And I couldn't really give a damn about spoiling Bulger's name other than he was a Ram and I feel he did his best for what he was. I just see the guy as a real polarizing figure on Rams boards and there is rarely any good that comes of his mention.

My saying it is beating a dead horse is my opinion. As gospel as it may seem. It's not the first time I have thought that of a subject - and yet - often times they still go on.

Unless I have the wrong thread and audio clip in mind, I found what Warner said to be very current as to how he sees the position of QB and how it relates to Bradford. He talked about whether Sam might be shell shocked, etc. It may not succinctly have to do with his time with the Rams but it certainly is a current topic that has everything to do with the Rams' QB situation.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Sayin' you got something against old people unless they're dry?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. They guy just seemed to be so Teflon coated when it came to criticism and probably more importantly, really seemed to be Martz's pet.

ahhhh, who can forget the classic, "manu ran the wrong route"? Why did the rams even feel the need to say that?

When I said as much at the time I set off a huge hissy fit by a poster that barely gave even a hint of his personal opinion. Rubbersoul I think, he was the post rams articles poster. Man he let me have it. The Bulger boys were very touchy back then.

It was all good fun. Good times.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I don't like how you aren't mentioning that a lot of old people smell like stale Fritos. Why are you avoiding that? :D

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, I'm sad to say I just can't muster as much objectivity for Bulger as I should. They guy just seemed to be so Teflon coated when it came to criticism and probably more importantly, really seemed to be Martz's pet. Could never understand the patience and benefit of doubt given to him when he never really did anything and the opposite treatment Warner got.

I remember the discussions on the Herd very clearly, and I am with you on this topic.

But nobody is changing their mind all these years later, and facts aren't always important to some people when it comes to this. The "he wins" applies itself to different QB's over time, always has and always will.

I put down the sword about this a long time ago. When Martz admitted he did the wrong thing it settled the matter for me. Other opinions that still run contrary became even less meaningful. When people say things like "it was the right decision at the time for the Rams" what always comes to my mind is Martz saying it wasn't and that it was a mistake. When the guy who was the HC, and decision maker and the guy who actually cut him says he regrets it that supersedes any message board opinion.