Kurt Warner on Edmonds-McKernon Show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Yeah, he wasn't everyone's cup of tea. I'm not really that invested in rehashing anything Bulger/Warner related. I was just sayin'. He was pretty damn good his first few years, and feel as though that should be acknowledged. After that, meh. I don't think many people have him registered in their mental football annals of greatness.
Yeah, I'm sad to say I just can't muster as much objectivity for Bulger as I should. They guy just seemed to be so Teflon coated when it came to criticism and probably more importantly, really seemed to be Martz's pet. Could never understand the patience and benefit of doubt given to him when he never really did anything and the opposite treatment Warner got.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
You're implying that Warner wouldn't have found his groove again with the Rams because it took him years to get back to that form elsewhere. While that may be an important aspect to the conversation, the reality is, Warner and Martz had irreconcilable differences and that would prevent Warner from ever regaining his form more than anything else. They simply couldn't co-exist anymore and in retrospect, that seems to be on Martz. It's very debatable whether Warner would have tried the gloves any sooner if Martz was still on his side, there was no in-fighting in the front office and if Warner didn't feell his job was being threatened.

My point is, there was LOT going on that makes this more than a clinical/fiscal decision by the Rams. Instead of Martz, imagine Vermeil in charge and how he might have handled Warner's various hand injuries. I'm compelled to think that he would have exhausted every option before deciding to move on from Warner. Martz was all too eager to prove that his system was what deserved praise and moving on to Bulger seems like what he wanted to do. But I think it's questionable to say that Warner, if...IF healthy and using the gloves couldn't have found success with the 2003-2006 Rams teams.
Considering that Warner has really said nothing but positive about Martz since leaving the Rams... I don't think any of this this is the case. You're entitled to your opinion though.

Yeah, I'm sad to say I just can't muster as much objectivity for Bulger as I should. They guy just seemed to be so Teflon coated when it came to criticism and probably more importantly, really seemed to be Martz's pet. Could never understand the patience and benefit of doubt given to him when he never really did anything and the opposite treatment Warner got.
The main difference is that the Bulger had nobody else on the roster doing better than him with the same team.

I was as big a Bulger supporter as anyone, since I didn't blame him at all for the whole Warner situation, but if someone on the team outplayed him, I would have moved on, no problem.

If someone on the Rams outplayed Bradford, I would happily move on as well (though I don't want a draft pick spent on that just yet.) It's a business, and you have to go with who is doing well right now and who's likely to do well in the near future.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And here I thought that dead horse couldn't be kicked any more. My bad.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Bulger was a Ram. People forget that. How good he was is up for debate but he got his ass handed to him while wearing a Rams uniform.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Considering that Warner has really said nothing but positive about Martz since leaving the Rams... I don't think any of this this is the case. You're entitled to your opinion though.

The main difference is that the Bulger had nobody else on the roster doing better than him with the same team.

I was as big a Bulger supporter as anyone, since I didn't blame him at all for the whole Warner situation, but if someone on the team outplayed him, I would have moved on, no problem.

If someone on the Rams outplayed Bradford, I would happily move on as well (though I don't want a draft pick spent on that just yet.) It's a business, and you have to go with who is doing well right now and who's likely to do well in the near future.
Well, Warner remaining classy since leaving the Rams doesn't erase all the things that were said while he was still with the team. Things were not all peaches and cream between Warner and Martz. I don't think that's even debatable. There are many quotes out there from Warner expressing his frustration and disappointment at how he was treated after a certain point.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Well, Warner remaining classy since leaving the Rams doesn't erase all the things that were said while he was still with the team. Things were not all peaches and cream between Warner and Martz. I don't think that's even debatable. There are many quotes out there from Warner expressing his frustration and disappointment at how he was treated after a certain point.
Well, in the end it all comes down to opinion.

We can both dredge up this quote until the cows come home, but is there anything I could possibly say that would change your mind in the slightest way? There's probably nothing you could say that would change my mind either. No one involved has been on the team since 2009 (longer if you don't call Bulger involved).

I think in the end, it came down to Bulger doing better at the time. You disagree. That's fine. Neither of us KNOWS FOR SURE what happened.

I still appreciate everything Kurt did for us, and if he does identify himself more as a Cardinal, I think that's far more about that being his most recent team than any kind of huge grudge against the Rams.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey, that's really clever. You should trademark it before anyone else uses it.
I already did. Thanks.o_O

And my point is that this subject was extremely tired when Bulger WAS a Ram. I was never a Bulger fan - not that it matters. But WTF? I hardly think this is the same as saying any other topic is beating a dead horse. Current topics may get beaten to death but Bulger is far from a current topic and it has certainly been beaten to death in years past when it was at least close to current. Bulger as a topic may be the most beaten to death topic that ever existed on a Rams forum and may be THE most divisive as well.

You want me to be cool with seeing it crop up again? Can't help you. So yeah - this dead horse has been beaten to death.®

PhxRam

I already did. Thanks.o_O

And my point is that this subject was extremely tired when Bulger WAS a Ram. I was never a Bulger fan - not that it matters. But WTF? I hardly think this is the same as saying any other topic is beating a dead horse. Current topics may get beaten to death but Bulger is far from a current topic and it has certainly been beaten to death in years past when it was at least close to current. Bulger as a topic may be the most beaten to death topic that ever existed on a Rams forum and may be THE most divisive as well.

You want me to be cool with seeing it crop up again? Can't help you. So yeah - this dead horse has been beaten to death.

Isnt that the radio shack logo?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just a pet peeve. If one doesn't like a thread or conversation, why not just avoid it?
Because of what the subject turns a thread into. Have you ever seen Bulger turn a thread in a good way?

moklerman

Warner-phile
As I said, if you don't want to talk about it or read about it, just go to one of the other hundreds of threads about the Rams on ROD. Warner hasn't been a Ram for even longer than Bulger so it's not like the thread title implied something fresh or current Rams related. Just steer clear. No biggie. Why interrupt a perfectly civil conversation that others are having? It doesn't interest you but it does apparently interest some. Why not respect that?