Kroenke Messing with St Louis?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The whole situation is very transparent.

Kroenke wants a new stadium here. If Kroenke gets what he wants, then the Rams aren't going anywhere. If our civic leaders in St. Louis don't see enough value in an NFL franchise to build a new stadium, then the Rams will go back to Los Angeles.

Thats not the way it'll work out.

SK owns every venue that every teams he owns plays in except the Rams. He doesn't want the city or county or state to build a stadium he will build his own. He'll be looking for tax abatements, land grants and so on, but he will not be looking for a landlord.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Thats not the way it'll work out.

SK owns every venue that every teams he owns plays in except the Rams. He doesn't want the city or county or state to build a stadium he will build his own. He'll be looking for tax abatements, land grants and so on, but he will not be looking for a landlord.

Obviously. I meant provide the best financial situation toward building a stadium. Everyone knows who will be doing the development.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Obviously. I meant provide the best financial situation toward building a stadium. Everyone knows who will be doing the development.

You'd be surprised how many Rams fans aren't all that up to speed on this major issue, when the topic comes up I roll my eyes at the stuff that gets posted and thats why I sort of "corrected" you a little bit. No worries.......I don't like how this topic makes people angry at others though, it's very touchy and I'm looking forward to seeing resolution so it never comes up again.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
You'd be surprised how many Rams fans aren't all that up to speed on this major issue, when the topic comes up I roll my eyes at the stuff that gets posted and thats why I sort of "corrected" you a little bit. No worries.......I don't like how this topic makes people angry at others though, it's very touchy and I'm looking forward to seeing resolution so it never comes up again.

Cheers to that. I understand why it's such a hot topic. You've got one part of the fan base that doesn't want to lose the team and you've got another portion that wants them to come back to their backyard.

Unfortunately this is going to be a long drawn out process that is only going to get more stressful over the next two years. There's going to come a time in negotiations where the scales are going to tilt and it's going to look like the Rams are heading back to L.A. whether that's actually the case or not. That's when I see a very volatile situation developing between cross country Ram brothers.

Me personally, I want the Rams to stay in St. Louis. But, I'm of the belief that if our civic leaders don't value this franchise enough, then they most certainly should go back to L.A.

No matter where they're playing in 2020, I can't root for another NFL team.

PhxRam

You guys crack me up..

The whole situation reminds me of a highschool sweet heart.

Half the guys are talking like a jilted lover and the other half are hoping she comes back.

When will you guys learn that the girl will do what she wants.

Cue the music..

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Cheers to that. I understand why it's such a hot topic. You've got one part of the fan base that doesn't want to lose the team and you've got another portion that wants them to come back to their backyard.

Unfortunately this is going to be a long drawn out process that is only going to get more stressful over the next two years. There's going to come a time in negotiations where the scales are going to tilt and it's going to look like the Rams are heading back to L.A. whether that's actually the case or not. That's when I see a very volatile situation developing between cross country Ram brothers.

Me personally, I want the Rams to stay in St. Louis. But, I'm of the belief that if our civic leaders don't value this franchise enough, then they most certainly should go back to L.A.

No matter where they're playing in 2020, I can't root for another NFL team.

I want the Rams here too. But I hope our civic leaders value them appropriately. By that I mean bid high, but don't pay too much. A lot of the value is going to come from what happens on the field these next couple of years. In a way, Stan's team is playing for his deal. Playoff winners and there's your public support. Another two losing seasons and who knows? Or the way this silly baseball town's mind works, we should release some sort of rodent onto the field during a fourth Q comeback. It will the "Rally Muskrat" or something. We'll sell t-shirts, etc.........:whistle:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
You guys crack me up..

The whole situation reminds me of a highschool sweet heart.

Half the guys are talking like a jilted lover and the other half are hoping she comes back.

When will you guys learn that the girl will do what she wants.

Cue the music..

Maybe some of us have been jilted enough to see a warning sign a mile away!

Or maybe it's paranoia. It's only crazy if it turns out not to be true. Like my friend says, "Expect the worst. That way you're either pleasantly surprised or much smarter than everyone else."

PhxRam

Maybe some of us have been jilted enough to see a warning sign a mile away!

Or maybe it's paranoia. It's only crazy if it turns out not to be true. Like my friend says, "Expect the worst. That way you're either pleasantly surprised or much smarter than everyone else."

You should count your blessings then.

MANY of us have never had the opportunity of dating our sweet heart

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
You should count your blessings then.

MANY of us have never had the opportunity of dating our sweet heart

It was more of a joke. I've been lucky to be married for 20 yrs to the same woman. Almost exactly half my life.