Knee Brace Holding Gurley Back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I know there has been a lot of post about TG3 the past few days but this is noteworthy. In the Rams Tuesday Press Conference Todd said that he played in practice for the first time without the knee brace today and said it was a big difference in his running. He wore the brace in Sunday's game and so it will be interesting to see if he wears it against Green Bay. He made it pretty clear throughout the interview that the brace is hindering his speed. When asked if his 52 yard run would've gone to the house without the brace Gurley said, "Probably, yep. Yep." I spoke about this earlier but Gurley really does have another gear that Rams fans haven't seen yet. Link to the interview below:

View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/videos/videos/Todd-Gurley-Press-Conference---106/2f67531b-33b8-48d7-8c0f-ef339b485489

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Thing is, now that he's been wearing it, I'm worried he's dependent on it in terms of strength. But shoot, Sam tore his WITH a brace the second time. You be the judge.

So what's he gonna do?

(I thought he looked a hair slower than on his college highlights. I figured he just added muscle because his lower body looked thicker.)

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Ah dang, I just posted a new thread like an idiot. I like that he talks about listening to coaches and is enthusiastic to work at his craft.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Who is TG3?

I believe his name is Todd Gurley.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I can't do nothing right. :(
Including use correct grammar, apparently. 'can't do nothing right' suggests that you can do everything right :sneaky:

Just joshing with you of course ;)

Edit: Yes, i just used the term "joshing with you" in 2015, deal with it. :cool:

jjab360

Legend
Holy shit, to think he has another gear than when he took away those angles on that 52 yard run, just wow...

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who is TG3?

I believe his name is Todd Gurley.

Sorry, I'm a UGA student/fan and we call him TG3 here because he wore the number 3 at Georgia. Old habits die hard I guess. I'll have to refer to him as TG30 from now on.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I saw AP break one on the highlights and thought Gurley isn't as fast. But if he takes that brace off, I'd say he'd be right there with AP in terms of speed.

Also watched the GB/SF game. Gurley makes Lacy look really slow. Being our D practices and sees Gurley play, transition to Lacy in the game should not be a problem.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Don't nobody jump my ass - I liked Steven Jacskon a lot. But so did he.

This guy Gurley. - not talking running style, greatness, etc., but he really reminds of Dickerson, who a lot of y'all never saw.

Easy going, confident, knew he was good, relaxed, funny, and just a stud. When you make something look easy that isn't....
don't know how to complete that sentence.

And he was wearing a brace? The Rams have not had a GREAT offensive player since the GSOT. There....I said it.

He is.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw AP break one on the highlights and thought Gurley isn't as fast. But if he takes that brace off, I'd say he'd be right there with AP in terms of speed.

Also watched the GB/SF game. Gurley makes Lacy look really slow. Being our D practices and sees Gurley play, transition to Lacy in the game should not be a problem.

AP also has a very aggressive running style so it looks like he's running faster. Gurley is a very smooth and fluid runner so it doesn't look like he's going as fast.

AP can fly and is a 4.4 40 guy but when Gurley is 100% he can run sub-4.4 times. I personally think he's around the 4.34-4.37 range these days.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Sorry, I'm a UGA student/fan and we call him TG3 here because he wore the number 3 at Georgia. Old habits die hard I guess. I'll have to refer to him as TG30 from now on.

My bad.
(Just hate the RG III (RG me me me) thing.

So now he's TG 3 'O'.
Kinda' like that.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
AP also has a very aggressive running style so it looks like he's running faster. Gurley is a very smooth and fluid runner so it doesn't look like he's going as fast.

AP can fly and is a 4.4 40 guy but when Gurley is 100% he can run sub-4.4 times. I personally think he's around the 4.34-4.37 range these days.

That puts Gurley right there with Tavon, a hair slower, at 227 pounds. :eek:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Thing is, now that he's been wearing it, I'm worried he's dependent on it in terms of strength. But shoot, Sam tore his WITH a brace the second time. You be the judge.

So what's he gonna do?

(I thought he looked a hair slower than on his college highlights. I figured he just added muscle because his lower body looked thicker.)

I doubt that. He practiced without it and said he felt better. If he depends on it, then I believe he wouldn't have addressed it.