Kicker Brett Maher released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
4.8 mill vs 5.4, counts against cap. No way to lock that up when cap strapped as it was.
Who knows, if they made that move and tied up 5 mill in cap space, maybe they wouldnt have traded Allen Robinson and taken that cap hit. And had they kept him, they might not have drafted Puka. Maher may have sucked, but having Gay vs him wouldnt have changed the outcome of any game
I was thinking transition was close to a few million less

4.8 million is too high

I would definitely have done instead the minimum salary + bonus thing

Malibu

Pro Bowler
It ain't easy to find an upgrade replacement this time of year. Even a kicker. Maher is not a good field goal kicker. But even if he makes all 3 kicks we still lose 24-23. They wouldn't be going for two if he makes the first PAT. Which would still leave them at 17 points.

So its not like he left 7 points off the board. We were still going to lose because the defense couldn't prevent a weak offense from scoring with ease. And the offense couldn't limit the mistakes that killed drives. I have a feeling this is going to be a common theme this season.
You maybe right it is hard to find a replacement but his made kick % is 2nd worst in the league so he is already at the bottom of the barrel

Malibu

Pro Bowler
4.8 mill vs 5.4, counts against cap. No way to lock that up when cap strapped as it was.
Who knows, if they made that move and tied up 5 mill in cap space, maybe they wouldnt have traded Allen Robinson and taken that cap hit. And had they kept him, they might not have drafted Puka. Maher may have sucked, but having Gay vs him wouldnt have changed the outcome of any game
You can't say that. If he made both those long kicks instead of starting around the 40 2 x which in both drives netted Pittsburg 10 pts they would have had a longer field probably a different set of play calls etc so you not right.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can't say that. If he made both those long kicks instead of starting around the 40 2 x which in both drives netted Pittsburg 10 pts they would have had a longer field probably a different set of play calls etc so you not right.
Of course I can say it, because its true. Pittsburgh still had to gain 25-30 yards just for a FG. The 7 points gifted to them by the Stafford pick had a much bigger effect. Keep in mind, after the 2nd miss, they still had the lead, and still should have won easily. They didnt.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
"Hey Johnny, it's Sean. How's Carolina? Hey thanks again for finding Matt for us. You got anyone else for me?"

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
He did lose the game by NFL standards. He missed two field goals and a point after attempt, by my calculations that is 7 points.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
FRONT_large_3382911 (1).png

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
He did lose the game by NFL standards. He missed two field goals and a point after attempt, by my calculations that is 7 points.
It does make 7 points. But I doubt they go for two on the second touchdown if he didn't miss the first one. Two TD's and a field goal makes 17 points. Which is what they had. If he makes the PAT they would still have 17 points.