Kicker Brett Maher released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good. One down, just Kendrick to go.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Kendrick
and Hoecht to DL only not OLB.

Hoecht, I can tolerate. He's better off at DL, but he's got talent, and I blame the playcalling more than anything (why do you send a 280+ player who isn't an athletic freak to cover tight ends and occasional slot receivers?).

I'm done with Kendrick.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
About damn time. Can't say I'm impressed by the guy replacing Maher, but gotta give him a chance since he's an unknown. I'm also hoping Kendrick is next.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Sends a message that bad play won't be tolerated.
Unfortunately in a few weeks we will be looking for another kicker again from the sound of it.

dang

Legend
mcvay was making the point last night that maher was missing 50 yard plus fgs.

We will see... but im not sure they are making any change yet.
Full quote “maher was missing 50 yard plus fgs…badly”.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Losing Gay was a stupid, stupid decision. The Rams didn't have to pay Gay the money that the Colts did. They owned him for franchise tag purposes. Really really dumb not to use the tag.

Tano

Legend
Losing Gay was a stupid, stupid decision. The Rams didn't have to pay Gay the money that the Colts did. They owned him for franchise tag purposes. Really really dumb not to use the tag.
Could they have done a second round pick designation or was that not available?

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
On a side note, Maher was scheduled to fly to a tryout, but, he missed his flight.

Tano

Legend
On a side note, Maher was scheduled to fly to a tryout, but, he missed his flight.

joking just kidding GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Sports = all about performance
-not whether we like ya, although that is a bonus!

Next man up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The franchise tag would have paid him 5.4 mill guaranteed.
For a cap strapped team that would have been a ridiculous spend

Tano

Legend
The franchise tag would have paid him 5.4 mill guaranteed.
For a cap strapped team that would have been a ridiculous spend
How about a Transition Flag?

Again - no clue - just shooting stuff out of my ass now

Yes - I am setting myself up for a smartass GIF

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about a Transition Flag?

Again - no clue - just shooting stuff out of my ass now

Yes - I am setting myself up for a smartass GIF
IIRC, transition tag is slightly less $$ and only offers the team tagging him right of first refusal to match a contract, with no compensation if they let him go

Tano

Legend
IIRC, transition tag is slightly less $$ and only offers the team tagging him right of first refusal to match a contract, with no compensation if they let him go
Could have done that - not sure about the slightly less part - thought it would be quite a bit less but what do I know

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could have done that - not sure about the slightly less part - thought it would be quite a bit less but what do I know
4.8 mill vs 5.4, counts against cap. No way to lock that up when cap strapped as it was.
Who knows, if they made that move and tied up 5 mill in cap space, maybe they wouldnt have traded Allen Robinson and taken that cap hit. And had they kept him, they might not have drafted Puka. Maher may have sucked, but having Gay vs him wouldnt have changed the outcome of any game