Kicker Brett Maher released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NYCRam

Rookie
I mean, there are fresh tryouts, and/or Free Agent signings coming as soon as Tuesday or Wednesday........right???

TXRams86

The Infamous
Nicolas Cage Reaction GIF

KJD_Ram

Rookie
after he shanked the PAT I thought Snead might just tell him to start cleaning out his locker, and don't be in the building when this game is over...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you want him gone who are we signing? Bubba's the only one to suggest somebody so far.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It ain't easy to find an upgrade replacement this time of year. Even a kicker. Maher is not a good field goal kicker. But even if he makes all 3 kicks we still lose 24-23. They wouldn't be going for two if he makes the first PAT. Which would still leave them at 17 points.

So its not like he left 7 points off the board. We were still going to lose because the defense couldn't prevent a weak offense from scoring with ease. And the offense couldn't limit the mistakes that killed drives. I have a feeling this is going to be a common theme this season.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It ain't easy to find an upgrade replacement this time of year. Even a kicker. Maher is not a good field goal kicker. But even if he makes all 3 kicks we still lose 24-23. They wouldn't be going for two if he makes the first PAT. Which would still leave them at 17 points.

So its not like he left 7 points off the board. We were still going to lose because the defense couldn't prevent a weak offense from scoring with ease. And the offense couldn't limit the mistakes that killed drives. I have a feeling this is going to be a common theme this season.

The Steelers scored ten points off of those missed field goals. He and Kendrick were absolutely instrumental in losing this game.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Before yesterday, Maher was statistically an "average" kicker. Now he is definitely "below average."

Believe it or not, he is tied for the league lead in FG's made at 17.

But FG %, he is near the bottom of the league at 74%, he is 17 of 23.

Maher is 7 for 7 in FG's 39 yards or less. From 40-49, he is 7 for 9. His biggest issue is he is only 3 for 7 from 50-59.

So yeah, I could see this going either way. Maher is reasonably reliable on the shorter ones, but he definitely hasn't come through from 50+.

We're scraping the bottom of the barrel here, so there's no guarantee the next guy would be better.

NYCRam

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you want him gone who are we signing? Bubba's the only one to suggest somebody so far.
Gould? Or anyone else who recently kicked? Can-not trot him out there with ANY confidence on a 50+ yarder. If that's the case, Mac should have went on 4th and 4 from the 33 early.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Zane Gonzalez only 28
And not very good. There's a reason he's been on 3 teams in 5 years and out of the league since 2021 when he didn't even play a full season. Is he an upgrade? I didn't like the Maher signing when it happened so I'm not defending him but is Gonzalez an upgrade?

NYCRam

Rookie
Probably overreacted by not signing Gay as part of the purge. Ramsey, Floyd and Wagner were right to move on from. In retrospect we could have afforded Gay in a borderline Playoff season scenario such as this one.

NYCRam

Rookie
Actually left hash is Maher's favorite spot. His horrible miss was from the right hash. Maher sets up all his PAT's from the left hash.
Yeah, but he missed the extra point from his "favorite" spot as well.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

If he makes all those kicks the flow of the game would have been way different and the odds for a Rams win much higher.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Hard day at work. Logged into RoD to get the good news we got a new kicker.

Not yet.

BUMMER.