Kenny Young's Ejection

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
My real point in this is that I don't believe refs should be allowed to touch players if they don't expect to receive incidental contact in the process. Refs can fire flags and use their whistles to get the player's attention. They shouldn't be allowed to make contact at all if players are going to be ejected for making incidental with the refs afterwards.

No contact either way seems to be the right thing to inforce. Players AND refs both.

So you’re saying the refs should get consent before touching a player.
So that would mean they would have to keep a balloon length distance if they don’t.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Refs need to have a little bit of thicker skin/leeway in my opinion.

This is a game where guys are going to get hotheaded, no doubt about it, so if someone is getting that way, and you break up a fight and they turn to you yelling, yeah, give them a little bit of space. If they still come after you, then throw a flag/give a warning.

I personally think it's a bad look for a player to get heated like that at an official, but I think it's a a much worse look for the league when people are able to instigate before the official gets there and then walk away without anything called on them while the person who they instigated with is getting ejected/called for a penalty.

Not a fan of this ejection. If anything there needs to be a warning system where if two players get into a scrum like that they have to sit out the remainder of of the series, and then go for the ejection.

Psycho_X

Legend
I will clarify that despite me thinking Young's ejection was justified I understand what he was pissed about. That lineman was being a complete asshole and something like that could easily have injured Young. So I understand him being pissed that someone is being reckless with his body/livelihood but got to be smart about your protest and not have it negatively effect your team.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
What was a bad look for these officials was them not calling a single holding call when our players were in headlocks or hugged by Indy's o line. Their players see the game is not being called tightly and will get away with what they can.

Young gets shoved down and gets frustrated cause the refs are whistle shy. The refs lost control of the game by not enforcing rules.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Simply put;
You can't jump up in the referees face and scream and holler and wave your arms around and act like a fool without getting ejected.

Let's just hope he learned from it.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Refs break up the mess every play. This situation is no different. Young acted Young and lost his composure (rightfully so from replay).

JMO

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If a player is pumped up because he made a good play, didn't see the ref and accidentally bumped him, I could see that not being deserved of a penalty. But if you're flailing your arms and hands about out of anger, it should be a penalty even if it was an accident.

What I find interesting is the rule on those offsetting penalties. We actually gained 5 yards on them. Is that a fair rule when both teams commit the penalty?

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
What I find interesting is the rule on those offsetting penalties. We actually gained 5 yards on them. Is that a fair rule when both teams commit the penalty?
just going by how we have been screwed over the years i think we are owed a lot of make up calls. in my opinion we should get all the calls in our favor just to make up for years gone by. this should be blue.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
I didn't agree with the ejection. Simply put... I think intent needs to be considered when tossing a player for "contact with an official". I don't believe that Kenny meant to touch that ref's hat in the slightest... he grazed his hat after the official came up behind him and started grabbing at KENNY. The ref made contact with KENNY from behind as there was all kinds of extra curricular activity going on in that pile of players. Obviously Kenny was HIGHLY PISSED about something that happened at the end of that play. Players don't freak like that over normal game violence.

When that ref made contact with Kenny from behind, he had no idea that it was a ref grabbing him. Hell, there were colt players all around him and it could have been one of them for all he knew. Helmets do restrict your peripheral vision. Once he realized finally that it was a zebra grabbing him... Kenny walked away immediately.

Grazing a refs hat as he physically grabs YOU from behind during an obvious dust-up should not be something a player is tossed for. Kenny clearly did not mean to graze his hat and I think he thought it was a colt player who was grabbing him.

Refs shouldn't jump into shit like that and not expect to receive some incidental contact from highly agitated players in the heat of the moment. If they are permitted to physically grab players... it should be understood that incidental contact could come to them as a result. Either that... or they shouldn't be allowed to touch a player at all.

It's completely different when a player means to make contact with an official. That shit is bush-league and should never be tolerated. What Kenny did yesterday was nothing like that if you're asking me. He did not intentionally make contact with that dumpy ref... he accidentally grazed his hat after being grabbed from behind by the ref first. Reasonable judgement needs to be used in cases like that. No fucking way did he purposefully make contact with that ref. It's very easy to see the difference.

For those of you who are going to disagree with my stance here... you should know that my oldest son @Ramrasta didn't agree with me yesterday while we watched it together either. His wife however, agreed with me. She didn't see Kenny meaning to graze the hat either.

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion on this as far as if his ejection was justified... but I am saying that refs should NOT be permitted to make purposeful contact with a player at all if reasonaable judgment is not going to be used if a player makes incidental contact with a ref afterwards.

View: https://youtu.be/iY-HqiRjIpw

Could not agree more.

as a recovering doorman/bouncer, I can tell you……

jumping into the middle of a physical situation like that…..with 300+ lb monsters on the loose…..is STUPID for a 40something accountant or pharmacist.

fucking idiots are lucky they don’t get killed.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
100% disagree.

I think intent can be important, but, as per an athlete who didn't mean to take a banned supplement, the law is clear.

He was out of control and that is the antithesis of what McVay wants.

As for the if a ref grabs a player argument, well it's entirely different. A ref will sometimes have to grab a player, a player never has to grab/touch a ref.

And finally, if it was a genuine error he could have immediately held his hands up and apologised to the ref. He did neither and 99 had to grab him.

He could have even gone over to the ref a few seconds later rather than ranting and raving like he'd found his best friend raping his three-legged cat.

He deserved to go.
The New York committee review factor. Maybe we can get the call reversed and Young put back in the game.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
When you got AD and Ramsey chewing on you because you did something wrong you need to pay attention and learn from it. I agree a lot of stuff they do these days officiating the game is very weak but you simply don't touch an official, his ejection was warranted.
AD prolly told him,

”DAWG, they are holding me every play. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Buck up and punish them for the holding, not us.”

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I asked @Merlin for help on getting the below images to show what happened to Kenny Young. I am not advocating the position that Kenny Young was right but putting out a bit more information that was NOT covered by the National Aired Broadcast review. They cut the video so all that was viewed was Young's reactions.

A BIG thanks to Merlin for his :fistbump1::laugh1:assistance!

1632326519649.png

1632326544709.png

1632326606681.png

1632326630672.png

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
I asked @Merlin for help on getting the below images to show what happened to Kenny Young. I am not advocating the position that Kenny Young was right but putting out a bit more information that was NOT covered by the National Aired Broadcast review. They cut the video so all that was viewed was Young's reactions.

A BIG thanks to Merlin for his :fistbump1::laugh1:assistance!

View attachment 48191

View attachment 48192

View attachment 48194
View attachment 48195
Kenny Young had a right to be upset but he should have politely stated his concerns to the Ref

Yeah right - I always see football players politely state their case to the Ref