Kenny Young's Ejection

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
As a Rams fan I say, YES.
Well the Indiapolis player committed his penalty during the play and the Rams player committed his penalty after the play so they had to enforce the first penalty and then enforce the second penalty.

If they weren't near either end of the goal line, they would have offset.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Meh. I agree he didn’t intend to but he lost control and he is responsible for his actions and the repercussions
Definitely not "we not me" behavior. It was stupid and thankfully it didn't cost us dearly. A teaching/learning opportunity for free.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
100% disagree.

I think intent can be important, but, as per an athlete who didn't mean to take a banned supplement, the law is clear.

He was out of control and that is the antithesis of what McVay wants.

As for the if a ref grabs a player argument, well it's entirely different. A ref will sometimes have to grab a player, a player never has to grab/touch a ref.

And finally, if it was a genuine error he could have immediately held his hands up and apologised to the ref. He did neither and 99 had to grab him.

He could have even gone over to the ref a few seconds later rather than ranting and raving like he'd found his best friend raping his three-legged cat.

He deserved to go.
Just to be clear I agree with everything you said UK. Young was out of control. But, as usual, it is the guy who was provoked and then got upset who ends up punished.

And, as usual, it is the NY NFL guys who are enforcing their version of the purity of their rules, just as they have done with a lot of questionable rules such as illegal hits on qbs.

Game refs could have done a better job with the play but not sure they would have ejected Young except for the NY review. Maybe so... but imo there should be room room for local discretion. I don't like the centralized control.