Kenny Young is legit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can't join you & McVay here with your David Long Jr party.

Now if you want to talk about what will be a solid outside Corner in order to permit Jalen Ramsey to STAR .....then I am more than willing for you to join me with a Robert Rochell party instead.:clinkingbeer::party2::part::party:

I have rewatched the Bear game several times now & yes observing your anointed "going to be solid corner" Long & found him lacking still as an outside corner. I do not see him being effective as you & McVay.

Now D-Long can be the Nickle-Back & survive without being benched but DC Morris needs a very good outside corner much more to team with D-Williams on the opposite side. Bob Rochell is the bigger talent & has all the skills to be what Morris needs.
Well for now I’ll just continue to enjoy this season as it goes a Long.Next season you might be surprised then if The Rams can’t keep D. Williams.
I like RR(scooter) as a shut down corner.I’m not willing to give up on David Long as a starter just yet either.Just glad Les Snead is keeping the depth chart strong & Mcvay’s development.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Will be interesting to see how D shakes out. No snaps in preseason, I wouldn't think we'll see how tackling will actually look till game 4. If Young ascends, it may help make up for the loss of JJ. Rapp may end up playing pretty well but JJ was a stud and I think it will impact the defense. Not having Brockers will hurt too.
Well tell the Browns about JJ last week.KC coming back on them should show you enough to know he doesn’t make that much of a difference.
you just how.

Not having Brockers doesn’t show much with this new defense of front.
The Rams are in a good space.

Last edited:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I guess most of us saw a different Floyd than you did last year. I'm not going to dog him for one game with likely a bad wheel and a new DC.

We paid the going rate for a player of his caliber. You bring up a bunch of other players but they have pretty much all had their ups and downs as well. Most of them also are not as complete of a player.

I don't share your consternation.
I would go so far as to say that the Rams would be seriously lacking on the edge without Floyd.

Having one top guy who can contain, rush or hold down one side makes all the (mostly unproven) edge players behind him better. Like having a very consistent winning pitcher at the top of the rotation.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I would go so far as to say that the Rams would be seriously lacking on the edge without Floyd.

Having one top guy who can contain, rush or hold down one side makes all the (mostly unproven) edge players behind him better. Like having a very consistent winning pitcher at the top of the rotation.

Yeah - The Rams are counting on Jenny Young a lot to make plays.He should have at least 12 tackles a game. Raheem calls him a turnover machine.I guess he recovered a fumble as well as the Tipped pass for the INT.
I still think no one is really talking about T. Lewis on how he did on the Edge. Floyd got hurt & he filled in late.Aaron Donald had his sack & Lewis was right there.He held the edge & then was there is AD99 needed clean up. Hollins got one of his Sacks that way.
T.Lewis was on the edge & Reeder on the right side as well before that.He had an excellent pass block while holding the edge & getting in the passing lane.He has excellent hops & Big Hands. I reviewed it with my GF & showed her the play in slow motion.The announcers never credited him with the play.Reeder was right there as well.
I liked the rotation at times & think this Rams defense has a lot of upside.Raheem Morris is saying the same thing as I noticed.Having his insight was cool.He holds himself & his players accountable.The thing with him is he is about winning & doesn’t mind certain break as long as it was a learning situation & the team wins.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Yeah - The Rams are counting on Jenny Young a lot to make plays.He should have at least 12 tackles a game. Raheem calls him a turnover machine.I guess he recovered a fumble as well as the Tipped pass for the INT.
I still think no one is really talking about T. Lewis on how he did on the Edge. Floyd got hurt & he filled in late.Aaron Donald had his sack & Lewis was right there.He held the edge & then was there is AD99 needed clean up. Hollins got one of his Sacks that way.
T.Lewis was on the edge & Reeder on the right side as well before that.He had an excellent pass block while holding the edge & getting in the passing lane.He has excellent hops & Big Hands. I reviewed it with my GF & showed her the play in slow motion.The announcers never credited him with the play.Reeder was right there as well.
I liked the rotation at times & think this Rams defense has a lot of upside.Raheem Morris is saying the same thing as I noticed.Having his insight was cool.He holds himself & his players accountable.The thing with him is he is about winning & doesn’t mind certain break as long as it was a learning situation & the team wins.
Why would anyone be talking about Lewis? Almost made a play isn't a cause for celebration. I don't remember seeing him block a pass, but good for him, and the team, if he did. He's been a non factor in practice and he almost (but didn't) make a play when they put him in for clean up duty. That's why no one is taking about him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Why would anyone be talking about Lewis? Almost made a play isn't a cause for celebration. I don't remember seeing him block a pass, but good for him, and the team, if he did. He's been a non factor in practice and he almost (but didn't) make a play when they put him in for clean up duty. That's why no one is taking about him.
He made a big play at the time, & also had a couple ILB. Yeah- he almost got an assist.
I don’t know what games you’ve watched,but last season against the Bears he played well.
Raheem has been mentioning him in practice.He hasn’t missed that many games either.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Agreed. Floyd's a strong side edge too, which some folks seem to not realize. He can thrash TEs and take on more powerful OTs and still contain and have a chance to tackle someone. He gets pressures.

Now maybe he'll play like shit because he got paid. Happens all the time. But we're one game in so I don't see any reason to panic yet. And that first game was shitty for him with all the drops he was doing. Hopefully with the right side of the Colts' offense manned with marginal OL we'll see Morris let his talent go to work and win that LOS.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don’t know guys… Floyd is key part of our strategy to contain these running QB’s. Wilson, Murray, now Lance.

I forget which game I rewatched from last season… but Floyd was all about his assignment… unselfish. Owned the edge. But much of that never showed in the individual stat line.

He‘s a unique player. I look at him similarly to Ramsey… we only got one Ramsey and we only got one Floyd. Those two are key to a lot of what we do.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don’t know guys… Floyd is key part of our strategy to contain these running QB’s. Wilson, Murray, now Lance.

I forget which game I rewatched from last season… but Floyd was all about his assignment… unselfish. Owned the edge. But much of that never showed in the individual stat line.

He‘s a unique player. I look at him similarly to Ramsey… we only got one Ramsey and we only got one Floyd. Those two are key to a lot of what we do.
I think Floyd is a real nice fit & plYer for The Rams.Went to the last OTA’s at SOFI & thought he was so genuine.
A great mentor & from reports has taken Garrett under his wings.
Garrett btw- I believe was the one Ram that didn’t get VAC’sd. & is paying for it with The NFL being so tight on it.
—Floyd sure lost his jock on Aaron Rogers TD run though & $64 million is a tough number to swallow for his position,but not my call..

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The Rams have chosen not to be tight wads. When they want a player, they don't quibble over the dollars. They make up for it by getting the most out of late round picks and udfa. Even with all the dead money on Gurley, Goff, Cooks, it hasn't stopped them from being contenders. So I don't judge any of our players based on their salary or even their draft status. I don't care. I leave it to the best FO we have ever had and just judge based on performance.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
If he is legit, this team is 100% going the Super Bowl. I am not saying he is not but I am not sure how we can come to that conclusion at this point.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I like Kenny...been pulling for him since UCLA...but he thrives more when he's playing next to another ILB.... he flourished last year in that role, and if our run defense doesn't improve this year, we're going to have to adjust.

Name
SparkleStick
People calling him potentially elite need to chill. We have nothing close to elite LB talent on this roster, so people forget what it looks like. Young is an average ILB I'd say. Very athletic, moves well and covers well. But he's below average in run D. Hopefully he improves, and I still feel like a Young/Jones duo puts our best talent on the field. But our talent at LB is very depressing. And that includes OLB and Floyd who is being massively overpaid. Really hope we address that next year in FA with the additional money we have.
Fans like you give up too easily. How bout you pump the breaks before calling for someone's job? That too much to ask?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Did anybody notice that on the big bears run on the second play of the game, that kenny young out ran the DBs chasing the RB to make the tackle?