Kenny Britt could lose starting job after Sunday’s performance

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Why so down on Kenny Britt?
I just saw he had 8 catches for 121 yards and a td!!

Oh wait, that's for the season??
giphy.gif

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Lmao, that country club atmosphere won't cut it for coach Hue

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lmao, that country club atmosphere won't cut it for coach Hue
Well, Kenny Britt is a future hall-of-famer so he ought to be able to dictate how he plays.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kenny Britt
i

Loctite Dude
loctite-aod-hed-2015.png

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...options-led-browns-to-stick-with-kenny-britt/

Lack of other options led Browns to stick with Kenny Britt
Posted by Josh Alper on October 3, 2017

ap_17274652012720-e1507040853955.jpg

AP

The Browns talked about possibly taking wide receiver Kenny Britt out of the starting lineup after the first game of the regular season and coach Hue Jackson challenged the veteran to “step up and make plays” after the second game, but the free agent acquisition’s play remains a sore spot in Cleveland.

Britt had a false start early in last Sunday’s loss to the Bengals, dropped a pass a short time later and had an even costlier mistake later when a pass sailed through his hands and off his chest before settling into the grip of Bengals safety Clayton Fejedelem to kill a drive in the red zone. Jackson was asked on Monday if Britt should have been on the bench.

“I totally agree, but we had some guys down,” Jackson said, via Cleveland.com. “We lost a couple guys. Trust me, our guys know based on performance if you’re not getting it done, we’ll stick the next guy in there, but you have to have the next guy to stick in there. It is what it is. I get it.”

Sammie Coates was inactive with a hamstring injury and Jordan Leslie was injured during the game, which left the Browns with four wideouts against Cincinnati.

Britt has eight catches on 23 targets this season and said that “multiple things” have been the cause of his struggles. The Browns need him to get a handle on them quickly if they’re going to get something other than a negative return on the investment they made this offseason.

~lyser

Rookie
Damn Kenny - coach is basically saying he would bench your ass if he could. I thought he played well overall last year. On the good side of average at least.

Sounds like somebody needs a hug from Coach Fisher.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Britt had a false start early in last Sunday’s loss to the Bengals, dropped a pass a short time later and had an even costlier mistake later when a pass sailed through his hands and off his chest before settling into the grip of Bengals safety Clayton Fejedelem to kill a drive in the red zone.
:eek:

Sounds like somebody needs a hug from Coach Fisher.

That, in a nutshell, was the problem.

So glad both of them are gone.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Thank fate that we have smart receivers and exceptional coaching now.

Psycho_X

Legend
8 catches on 23 targets.... balls bouncing off his chest?... Good to see Britt is the same player he's always been. Subtractions made to this team in the offseason were as big a deal as the additions.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Thank fate that we have smart receivers and exceptional coaching now.

Yeah, last year sucked, but it was a blessing in disguise because it led to what we have now.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
SMH. Signing a guy with the history of Britt's after a contract year is exactly why the Browns are the Browns. Oh, how I love Team McVay!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So Cook drops a pass in the endzone that was a potential game changer and Britt is being.... well... Britt. I see players we let go make some plays here and there. Then I'm reminded why we let them go.