Kenny Britt could lose starting job after Sunday’s performance

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ninedeuce

Rookie
By Charean Williams
Sep 11, 2017, 1:49 PM PDT

Kenny Britt did not get a vote of confidence after a rough debut with the Browns. After Britt dropped a fourth-quarter pass, coach Hue Jackson wouldn’t guarantee the receiver will hold onto his starting job this week.

“Let’s see where we go this week,” Jackson said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “Let’s see what we’re doing this week. Let’s find out. You’re saying he’s starting this week. We don’t know that. So let’s see where we are this week and go from there.”

Britt didn’t start Sunday but only because the Browns opened in a three tight end formation. He did play 52 of 66 offensive snaps but had only one catch, on three targets, for 13 yards and had the crucial drop.

“Obviously, he dropped the ball,” Jackson said. “You have to play better. It’s just that simple.”

The Browns signed Britt to a four-year, $32 million deal in the offseason to replace Terrelle Pryor. Now, Ricardo Louis, who caught two passes for 32 yards, could replace Britt as the team’s No. 2 receiver.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-lose-starting-job-after-sundays-performance/

ninedeuce

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol it's fucking week 1! I'm so glad that we don't have to deal with this garbage anymore.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Contract year player. He should get 1 year contracts for the rest of his career

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hue knows what he's doing. Britt's a bottom feeder type IMO, and knowing he might lose his job is something that will definitely motivate him to improve.

Eventually though Hue's going to need to replenish that WR corps. He's not going to win consistently with guys like Britt running the room.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I obviously don't know Britt, but my hunch is; this locker room is a lot better without him, as it relates to long term culture.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
So far so good on the reason to dump Britt.

He seems like he's all about attitude he can be ON when his attitude is good and he can be OFF when his attitude is bad.

Plus we replaced him with team players, cheaper and harder working.

And consistent.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Basically a homeless man's Randy Moss: When he's productive, statline looks good; when he's lazy, he's god awful.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
You know our WR corps from the previous season sucked when your best receiver from last year is getting threatened with being benched by the Browns.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Perfect team for his underachieving ass. He got his $$, I'm sure he's fine with sitting on the bench collecting free checks. So glad we got rid of him... he did NOT fit the culture McVay is trying to build here. Good riddance.

Have fun flipping your go-cart in Cleveland.

Debacled

Starter
A lot of hate here for a dude that did nothing but play for the team....

Jackson won't last long as a HC if he keeps calling out specific players like that. Easiest way to lose a locker room. Makes the entire team feel like the only one with a leash with some slack is the rookie qb.

A rookie let alone a 9th year vet knows they have to catch that.

UtahRam

Rookie
I'm not going to bag on Britt. He played with QBs here that were always under constant pressure and unable to consistently deliver him the ball. He had the best season of any wr since Holt in what, almost 10 years? He came with some baggage but I don't remember him causing any problems here. He wanted to stay with the RAMS, he's stuck in Cleveland now and getting dumped on because he dropped a pass.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I hope Britt doesn't get dropped (see what I did there) he played hard for us last year when all around him were falling apart and he put up big numbers.

But I sure am pleased that there isn't a thread about dropped passes this week.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
You know our WR corps from the previous season sucked when your best receiver from last year is getting threatened with being benched by the Browns.
We've come a long way.

I think they'll be able to save Mike Thomas, transform Tavon and Pharoh Cooper is developing as I expected.

Two great additions so far with Kupp and Reynolds.

A pretty amazing transformation.
As big as I've ever seen really for one group of players in one off-season.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So true.

Britt's going to have to deal with the fact that he's no longer one of Jeff Fisher's cronies... guaranteed a job, no matter what.

He'll have to actually earn his playing time now... thinking this won't end well for him.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've come a long way.

I think they'll be able to save Mike Thomas, transform Tavon and Pharoh Cooper is developing as I expected.

Two great additions so far with Kupp and Reynolds.

A pretty amazing transformation.
As big as I've ever seen really for one group of players in one off-season.
I'm with you. It's so different, so good, it's like X-mas in September. I know it's a bit of a honeymoon period, but I think the players really love being on this team and it shows. The smiles and family bond is like nothing we have seen on a Rams team in a long long time. Maybe since the 99 team? McVay leaving the team on game day to be at the meeting with AD & his reps? Who does that? I think 31 other coaches wouldn't have done it.