Kenny Britt could lose starting job after Sunday’s performance

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Cleveland's WR depth chart isn't deep enough for anyone to take that seriously. It's more like Hue is putting his guys(not just Britt) on notice, that a big FA contract or draft status doesn't guarantee you anything.

Rams paid 10.5 million for three years of Britt, and he led the team in receiving every year at overall 16 YPC. That's good FA value in my book. Cleveland bought high and I don't think they'll get the same payoff. And yeah, if I was looking for a team leader, I'd probably look elsewhere.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The browns really need Josh Gordon to come back. Kizer to Gordon will end up being a household name.

Ellard80

Legend
That is noting new for Britt... he made some plays for us last year. He was pretty solid.

But he is does that shit a lot.. drop passes at the worse possible time.

Same ol same ol..

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Cleveland's WR depth chart isn't deep enough for anyone to take that seriously. It's more like Hue is putting his guys(not just Britt) on notice, that a big FA contract or draft status doesn't guarantee you anything.

Rams paid 10.5 million for three years of Britt, and he led the team in receiving every year at overall 16 YPC. That's good FA value in my book. Cleveland bought high and I don't think they'll get the same payoff. And yeah, if I was looking for a team leader, I'd probably look elsewhere.

Kenny Britt is a want to be Terrell Owens.

He has a certain skill level , but he is notnanwinner. A me first guy.He dials out of a ball game pretty quick.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I live in Ohio and got a few "your boy Kenny Britt was garbage Sunday"....I laughed and said yea you were duped...your problem now

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How long has Hue Jackson been coaching in the NFL? Consider that him calling out Britt might not just be because of one drop. He knows what he's doing.
Was gonna say the same thing. Seems more like the drop was a straw that broke the camels back kinda thing, not the reason for the angst solely.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Mediocre ....., haul in several million/year... WOWSER!
Life could be a dream ...
shoo bop...
Living in paradise ....
Shoo bop ...
life could be a dream...

Okay maybe I'm a little jealous...
but Kenny Britt has put in more physical work than I have.
Especially when he gets hit by a 255-pound linebacker! :D

Okay you guys are right!
All the Ram Brotherhood love in the world back to you KB. :D

Debacled

Starter
Because someone is critical of a slack player, you have to jump to the conclusion that it's "hate"?

Britt made his own reputation.

Just because someone points it out on a message board doesn't mean anybody hates him.

There's an awful lot of hyperbole on this board.

Read the handful of posts before mine? Semantics but people are acting like the dude stole from them or something.

And for those pointing out how long Hue has been coaching--that doesn't matter. If he doesn't win he wont be for too much longer. Especially not as a HC. He has one 1-15 season under his belt, how many more like that will be tolerated even with a rookie qb?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-says-kenny-britt-wont-be-benched-this-week/

Hue Jackson says Kenny Britt won’t be benched this week
Posted by Josh Alper on September 15, 2017

599862840-e1505494664405.jpg

Getty Images

After a key drop by wide receiver Kenny Britt in the fourth quarter against the Steelers last Sunday, Browns coach Hue Jackson suggested that the veteran wideout’s role could change when they play the Ravens this week.

Jackson talked specifically about Britt being part of the starting lineup and the question came up again at the coach’s Friday press conference. Jackson said that Britt will play a normal number of snaps in the game, although the question of starting will be determined by the call on the first offensive play.

“I’ll know exactly when I know how we’re gonna start the game,” Jackson said. “We could start in a lot of different personnel groups on offense so I won’t know that right away.”

Jackson also said that he anticipates wide receivers Kasen Williams and Sammie Coates to play more this week. Both of them joined the team shortly before the start of the regular season and Coates didn’t see any time on offense while Williams played 12 snaps.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jackson said that Britt will play a normal number of snaps in the game, although the question of starting will be determined by the call on the first offensive play.

I never understood the assigned importance of "starting".

It's mentioned a lot as if "starting" is some special award.

If I'm a player, I don't care, so long as I'm in the action for a lot of the plays. I'm not sure "starting" would be that important to me, really.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lenges-kenny-britt-to-step-up-and-make-plays/

Hue Jackson challenges Kenny Britt “to step up and make plays”
Posted by Charean Williams on September 21, 2017

839662520-e1505390521167.jpg

Getty Images

With only five targets, two catches, 15 yards and one big drop, wide receiver Kenny Britt hasn’t yet lived up to the four-year, $32.5 million contract the Browns gave him in the offseason. Instead of benching Britt, Browns coach Hue Jackson challenged him.

I’ve challenged him that he needs to step up and make plays, and I think he will,” Jackson said Thursday, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I really do. This is where we are. We’ve got to make some plays, and we understand that these are the guys we have. Kenny is the elder statesman in that room, and I think he’ll raise up and help lead these young guys, and we’ll go play good this week.”

Britt, 29, understands his role and plans to do what the Browns are paying him to do — make plays.

“I mean, he wants me to step up, bring more energy to practice and to the field, on and off the field and in the classroom,” Britt said. “Because we’re leading down a path that we didn’t believe we were going to go. 0-2 is not where we wanted to be, and it’s not where we’re going to stay and as long as do the little things and the small things that we’ve been missing the last two games, I believe that we can be a contender in this league.”

He gets a third chance to make a first impression with Browns fans against the Colts on Sunday. Britt, who had his first 1,000-yard season a year ago, has accepted Jackson’s challenge.

“I’m always up to any challenge,” he said. “I’ve always been a competitive person. If the coaches want me to go out there and kick the ball down the field, I’ll go out there and do it.”

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm adding Kenny in fantasy....LOLOL

Who has Kenny??? League of Gentlemen???

RedRam

Pro Bowler
If Kenny can't step up against the Colts then it could be lights out...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt
Browns coach Hue Jackson said he would have benched Kenny Britt in Sunday's loss if not for injuries to his other receivers.
Jackson sounds near the end of the line with Britt, who is becoming a Dwayne Bowe-esque candidate for release. He's been arguably the worst receiver in the league, not hustling and committing horrendous drops. With the Browns' season quickly going in the gutter, they won't have much more patience with 29-year-old Britt. Oct 2 - 2:41 PM
Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why so down on Kenny Britt?
I just saw he had 8 catches for 121 yards and a td!!

Oh wait, that's for the season??