Keeping Saffold Is Rams' Top Priority

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hmmmmm I don't know Den I could be wrong but correct me if I'm wrong but the last OL top prospect we choose ( Jason Smith ) that was a ' nasty ' run blocker but had to work on his pass blocking we took a huge hit on!! I'd rather take me some Jake Matthews if you ask me! Odds are in our favor there, not guranteed, but defiantly alot better bet on his future.

With all due respect you don't draft with fear, quite frankly I've seen enough of Robinson to know he's not Jason Smith and IMO the worst thing you can do is not draft a person because maybe he reminds of someone else. However, Jason Smith did not run block like Robinson or play in the SEC either.

Gentlemen if the Rams go Watkins then take another tackle at 13 I will be pleased too, but can we stop posting that Greg Robinson reminds people of Jason Smith, it's unfair to Robinson who has a nasty disposition which the tin man Jason Smith never ever possessed!

tonyl711

Starter
ok turn it around for the sake of argument, Pace had his share of injuries too, why wasn't his replacement drafted a lot earlier than it was? because you don't use 1st round draft picks to replace someone your not going to replace, IMO they will take a LT with their 13th pick or in the second round.
if Saffold does come back, you draft an OT and OG in the second and third rounds, then maybe an OG with potential later in the draft IMO.
for the record there is no Pace in this draft, hell theres not even a J Long in this draft.

ok turn it around for the sake of argument, Pace had his share of injuries too, why wasn't his replacement drafted a lot earlier than it was? because you don't use 1st round draft picks to replace someone your not going to replace, IMO they will take a LT with their 13th pick or in the second round.
if Saffold does come back, you draft an OT and OG in the second and third rounds, then maybe an OG with potential later in the draft IMO.
for the record there is no Pace in this draft, hell theres not even a J Long in this draft.

So 2006 Orlando misses 8 games, you have the number 2 pick in 2007, in your opinion you go with Alex Barron over 4 time All Pro Joe Thomas? Barron isn't even the best example he was drafted in the 1st round, we have no one behind Long.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So 2006 Orlando misses 8 games, you have the number 2 pick in 2007, in your opinion you go with Alex Barron over 4 time All Pro Joe Thomas? Barron isn't even the best example he was drafted in the 1st round, we have no one behind Long.

Yes they do it the famous UDFA Sean Hooey who is aways hurt year after year. Maybe they think Brandon Washington & Mike Person can play OLT in the NFL?? Rams can try to resign Chris Williams to play some OLT again that worked out well against Seattle.

tonyl711

Starter
were they thinking they would get another 4 or 5 years out of pace? I doubt that very seriously, did they draft Barron in the first to replace Pace eventually? yes they did, and he was regarded as on of the top Tackles in the draft, so I don't see how this answers my question. as the Rams im pretty sure feel Long has at least 4 more years in him, have a RT who showed a lot of promise last year and should only get better. I don't see the need for a first round OT get one with promise in the second who you can coach up to be a spot starter while coach B teaches him, within a year or 2 you should have that OT to replace Long or Barksdale who will already know the system, you can get a pretty good OT in the second.