Keenum to start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bruce2980

Starter
Curious, why is this so hard to believe? What makes you so sure? That link you posted???? Have you looked at Goff & Wentz workout...in shorts...not the game tape...What about Goff screams "take ME!"
First and foremost I am not "certain" about anything except that loud mouth Keyshawn is a loudmouth that has spewed BS before. Once a liar always a liar, in my opinion.
Secondly, I have seen and read too many reports about how the Goff trade was pitched to the ownership. All three have the same story and credible sources have reported it multiple times. I have searched and gave up but I have to go with what makes most since to me. Fisher will lose any battle he has with Kroenke. No point in losing a multi million dollar job for a feud with ownership over a QB. If their was a pissing contest it would be reasonable for me to assume that Fisher would have been fired on the spot in the locker room last night. Billionaires don't put up with rebellion in the ranks.
Thirdly there is no need for Fisher, Snead, and Kroenke to lie about how the decision to choose Goff came about. If Kroenke wanted Goff, Kroenke has big boy pants and can tell the world that he told Fisher to go get Goff. Kroenke is a businessman, not a "fan" from my take. I don't see him as a micromanager. LA has not had a team in 22 years, you don't need a controversial selling of the farm to climb and get a QB to sell tickets. And Kroenke said that the story about getting Goff was about ticket sales was not true. Kroenke did his homework before moving back to LA. He knew the demographics and how many tickets would be sold and what price to charge, I am certain that season tickets would have sold out in a matter of minutes, with or without Goff, and the decision to move to LA was completely void of the Goff trade. If one is going to make billions they have to think in a multi dimensional manner and be steps ahead of everyone else playing the game.
Fourth, I believe that it was the same media that said Goff will start week one that is stirring the pot about Kroenke deciding to take Goff. The media is full of crap in this country and I have a fantastic track record with finding the truth. I was never a fan of this trade, if a QB was so sacred why not wait until a better draft to find a QB if we are building for the future, which is what Kroenke would be doing. If Kroenke was the one to decide a QB I believe he would have gone with a QB that had a consensus about being the best ever, not an "overrated draft pick" simply for the sake of being a QB. It makes sense that Fisher did this to keep his job for another year or more. If Kroenke was the man for Goff then it would be reasonable that he would have made sure that Goff took every preseason snap and would have made Fisher name him the starter from the get go. So my certainty has as much to do with my sixth sense as it does with common since and an unrelenting quest for truth wherever I can find it.
With that said I can be completely wrong but it would take a come to Jesus moment for Kroenke, and he would have to be on video explaining how he concocted the lie and how Fisher and Snead sold the lie, before I would be convinced otherwise. I don't foresee that video ever being made, so I stand by opinion for what ever it is worth.
Hopefully whatever the truth is, I Hope Goff becomes a winning QB for the Rams very soon like next week and does what is needed to get Gurley to be the best RB in history.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't believe Keyshawn one bit; there was a video immediately after the draft (I know I won't find it so I won't even look), that showed Fisher and his son identified Goff as a freshman when they were scouting another player. Both Jeff and his son were extremely impressed with Goff---his accuracy, how he hung in the pocket, and his toughness as he was enduring a horrible team around him as a freshman. They id Goff as someone they wanted 2 years BEFORE the pick was made.
I have no doubt that they were impressed by Jared. Might have even wanted to draft him.
But I don't think they wanted to forfeit their bounty of picks to move up and grab him.
Not with all that talent in the first two rounds of the draft this year.

Who knows though. I could be way off base (as is typically the case).

FRO

Legend
I actually expect the Rams to win against the Seahawks. They typically play good divisional teams hard. Everybody else normally beats the Rams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I actually expect the Rams to win against the Seahawks. They typically play good divisional teams hard. Everybody else normally beats the Rams.
I'm SURE WE ARE ALL HOPING THIS IS THE CASE!

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I have no doubt that they were impressed by Jared. Might have even wanted to draft him.
But I don't think they wanted to forfeit their bounty of picks to move up and grab him.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Per CBS sports, Fisher says Keenum is still the #1 QB and that he will start this Sunday.
image.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Per CBS sports, Fisher says Keenum is still the #1 QB and that he will start this Sunday. I received this via notification. Not sure if it is on their site yet.
Well, yeah. He said it in his press conference yesterday. Then the reporter said something along the lines of, "and if it's the same results?", and Fisher said, "Then we'll make adjustments, but it won't be the same results."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I think the story is BS. It's a "blood in the water" story based on them knowing Fish is on the ropes right now. And make no mistake, the dude plays it cool but he's under enormous pressure right now. He is the odds on favorite to be the first coach axed IMO given that terrible outing plus the way he's assuming Case will play well again vs Seattle, who is going to be ready for him this time around.

The story of the workout and how Fish and Snead got to the consensus and sold Stan on it, I just don't think they would have gone to that extent to cover up that the owner wanted the QB. They would have been more quiet on the how's and why's the whole thing went down.

And I'll say again that IF they were to give Goff all the preps, all the focus, and have him know the protections cold for this game, he would surprise a lot of people. The kid looks downfield by habit and is accurate. Tavon even said it himself, that they had dudes running open. IMO Goff can help this team, it's just a shame that Fish has this infatuation with Keenum, who is going to let him down again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think the story is BS. It's a "blood in the water" story based on them knowing Fish is on the ropes right now.
Could be.
Then again ... you never know.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Could be.
Then again ... you never know.

True. But did you see Fisher's response when asked what he and Stan discussed in the locker room? It's real rare to see him break his cool demeanor. Dude is sitting on a skillet right now it's so hot.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
True. But did you see Fisher's response when asked what he and Stan discussed in the locker room? It's real rare to see him break his cool demeanor. Dude is sitting on a skillet right now it's so hot.
Exactly. And that's why I hinted around the idea that maybe he's rebelling against the guy.
Fuck if I know. I like the idea of some kind of conspiracy theory tied to that shit show we saw yesterday.

FRO

Legend
Here in St Louis the media is pretty laid back. The team is in LA now, which makes them a national team. It's not as easy going.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
It wouldn't surprise me true or untrue. Owners mettle either directly or indirectly, even changing the tone of the team is mettlesome.
It's their team, right? .Rams ended up with Goff so no big deal. Now if Snisher traded up to take Hackenberg then you know there's stink.
I never believe conspiracy theories, But God I love them,

Antonius

Pro Bowler

I didn't see it, what did Fisher say or how did he react?