Keenum to start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mick

Pro Bowler
I think I've had enough....gotta know when to say when.....

14355658_1420595711289499_5699003696879275571_n.jpg

Bruce2980

Starter
I actually think there is some credence to that. After reading an article saying that Kroenke liked Goff, I read between the lines.
I'm sure that didn't happen. Keyshawn Johnson as a source? Get Real! Fisher and Snead sold the pick to Kroenke! Otherwise all three are liars and every story written on the subject is pure BS! I don't buy it at all. Goff is Fisher's pick!!!!
Now that did happen to Fisher with Vince Young, as described in the article below;
"He (Fisher) became emotional when discussing the late Steve McNair, whose selection as the third overall pick by the Houston Oilers in 1995 marked the only other time Fisher, then entering his first full season as the franchise's head coach, was in a position to have first dibs on all draft-eligible quarterbacks. (Eleven years later, after becoming the Tennessee Titans, they would again take the draft's first quarterback off the board with the third overall selection: Vince Young. However, that was a pick foisted upon Fisher and general manager Floyd Reese by owner Bud Adams; Fisher regarded Jay Cutler as the top passer in that draft.)" http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-la-rams-decided-on-jared-goff-with-no-1-pick

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I hope not. That'll mean that Fisher will get in a pissing contest with management and refuse to play Goff because of his wounded ego. Which will cost us any shot at a successful season. So if that's what he's doing, he can go freak himself. Don't need that clownish behavior on this team.

But it may also mean that Goff was closer to Alex Smith than Aaron Rodgers....

I don't know...or have any way to know and Fisher sure isn't going to develop him like he hasn't developed Mannion.

Goff showed a live arm and made some really nice passes in the preseason, but also looked lost and in need of significant development at a basic level (yes, just things like taking he snap and calling plays).

I've always felt that fit on an organizational level can and often does trump individual skill level. Synergies and harmonics are what create special organizations which are why "all-star" teams tend to fail while teams that are of one mind go much farther. And football goes much farther.

I'm not even saying that Fisher wanted to draft Wentz. He may have wanted to TRADE for a QB which is actually more along his line of thinking...go with a veteran game manager type. So, I'm really not trying to make this a Goff/Wentz thing. I don't think it is...not exactly, anyway. I mean, it might be, but only Fisher and a few others really know what Fish wanted to do prior to likely Stan stepping in and saying, "Draft the kid from Cal. We need him for the Stadium. We're not going to sell tix with a QB from North Dakota or some castoff QB." Somehow, I can imagine that being the gist of the message at least to Demoff if not to Fisher, directly.

I dunno how it plays out. I got a pretty good idea, but life is full of possibilities.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I don't believe Keyshawn one bit; there was a video immediately after the draft (I know I won't find it so I won't even look), that showed Fisher and his son identified Goff as a freshman when they were scouting another player. Both Jeff and his son were extremely impressed with Goff---his accuracy, how he hung in the pocket, and his toughness as he was enduring a horrible team around him as a freshman. They id Goff as someone they wanted 2 years BEFORE the pick was made.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Might be.
But I don't see Goff being the type of *person* Vince Young was.

True. I wasn't trying to insinuate that, not by any means. But, Fisher really didn't go out of his way to develop Young, either. He was pretty clear by his choices that he didn't want him and focused on the run and defense.

Sound familiar???

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm sure that didn't happen. Keyshawn Johnson as a source? Get Real! Fisher and Snead sold the pick to Kroenke! Otherwise all three are liars and every story written on the subject is pure BS! I don't buy it at all. Goff is Fisher's pick!!!!
Curious, why is this so hard to believe? What makes you so sure? That link you posted???? Have you looked at Goff & Wentz workout...in shorts...not the game tape...What about Goff screams "take ME!"

I don't believe Keyshawn one bit; there was a video immediately after the draft (I know I won't find it so I won't even look), that showed Fisher and his son identified Goff as a freshman when they were scouting another player. Both Jeff and his son were extremely impressed with Goff---his accuracy, how he hung in the pocket, and his toughness as he was enduring a horrible team around him as a freshman. They id Goff as someone they wanted 2 years BEFORE the pick was made.
Oh shit!?!? You too? You do know that these SC guys out here are tight...like some frat..they do share secrets...Again, you have a prior report that said Fish & son liked Goff....yet didn't go off what Wentz looked like in 2015 & 2016?

First off, I think Goff can play (and I really think wentz can & has a sharper mind to boot)...I just think that he's too thin to really hold up for an NFL season...but the fun thing about football is, we'll get to see pretty soon...and next year, watch out if everything ELSE lines up...but I wouldn't put it past a guy that at one time B4, he HAD to take a certain player, especially if his coaching PERFORMANCE couldn't stand up on it's own merits.... that's some 7-9 bullshit right there...

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Well maybe in due time Goff can grow into that vaunted Boras/Groh offense

Tamarick Hemingway suits up but Goff your #1 pick needs to be in street clothes to "experience" the game

FUCK OFF!!!
PUT IN GOFF

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
True. I wasn't trying to insinuate that, not by any means. But, Fisher really didn't go out of his way to develop Young, either. He was pretty clear by his choices that he didn't want him and focused on the run and defense.

Sound familiar???
If he's revolting against Kroenke (and he might be), then he won't make it through the year. A reporter asked him what he and Kroenke spoke about in the locker room, and he said "You think I'm gonna tell you what we discussed? No. No. Next question."

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well then it looks like 0-2 with no hope . I mentioned a month ago it could get ugly . I just didn't think it would be grotesque.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Could be why Fisher hasn't been extended yet. Anyway, I hope he was. He has the talent. Now, if only our coaches had talent....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But it may also mean that Goff was closer to Alex Smith than Aaron Rodgers....

Alex Smith developed into a quality starter when given the chance. Maybe Goff is closer to Smith than Rodgers. Maybe Goff is closer to Rodgers than Smith. Only one way for us to find out.

I don't know...or have any way to know and Fisher sure isn't going to develop him like he hasn't developed Mannion.

Goff showed a live arm and made some really nice passes in the preseason, but also looked lost and in need of significant development at a basic level (yes, just things like taking he snap and calling plays).

I've always felt that fit on an organizational level can and often does trump individual skill level. Synergies and harmonics are what create special organizations which are why "all-star" teams tend to fail while teams that are of one mind go much farther. And football goes much farther.

I'm not even saying that Fisher wanted to draft Wentz. He may have wanted to TRADE for a QB which is actually more along his line of thinking...go with a veteran game manager type. So, I'm really not trying to make this a Goff/Wentz thing. I don't think it is...not exactly, anyway. I mean, it might be, but only Fisher and a few others really know what Fish wanted to do prior to likely Stan stepping in and saying, "Draft the kid from Cal. We need him for the Stadium. We're not going to sell tix with a QB from North Dakota or some castoff QB." Somehow, I can imagine that being the gist of the message at least to Demoff if not to Fisher, directly.

I dunno how it plays out. I got a pretty good idea, but life is full of possibilities.

I don't trust Fisher either with Goff's development. But I see Goff as the type of guy who will find a way to develop regardless of the coaching and situation around him.

FRO

Legend
If Goff knows how to hand the ball off and throw 3 yard sideline passes, he should have the playbook mastered. Put the kid in there.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because he wanted Wentz instead or they forced him to trade up in general for a QB and he didn't want to? Not that it matters if true but with as much influence Fisher has on this organization currently I don't believe he was forced to do anything.

I dont believe it was forced but i do believe it could have been strongly "suggested"

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Goff for Keenum wouldn't be my first move. My first move would be ANYBODY for Boras. I wouldn't want Goff in this shit-show of an offense. Steve Young said it, and I will back him up, you can't play horizontal offense in the NFL. Pat Shurmer used to do it, and it drove me crazy. If this continues to happen, I can't watch it. I don't even understand, Gurley has a 5 yard run on first down, and then we pass it twice behind the LOS. Last thing, and I have a million, why didn't we move Case, just one time, just once, from being a short, stationary target.

I'd say that SF knew every play we were going to call, except, it seems as if a 5 year old could have figured it out.

I usually defend the OC, because when players don't execute the OC looks bad, but in this case, even if we had execute, we didn't, we wouldn't have done anything anyhow, unless breaking 10 tackles, with your back turned, to make one yard is your plan.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Goff for Keenum wouldn't be my first move. My first move would be ANYBODY for Boras. I wouldn't want Goff in this crap-show of an offense. Steve Young said it, and I will back him up, you can't play horizontal offense in the NFL. Pat Shurmer used to do it, and it drove me crazy. If this continues to happen, I can't watch it. I don't even understand, Gurley has a 5 yard run on first down, and then we pass it twice behind the LOS. Last thing, and I have a million, why didn't we move Case, just one time, just once, from being a short, stationary target.

I'd say that SF knew every play we were going to call, except, it seems as if a 5 year old could have figured it out.
d588f47a3101454bbff7418ecd1de712.png

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I remember that as well