Keenum to start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Mannion hasn't had a first team snap in practice this season and few second team. He has no chemistry with anyone right now.

I know that. The point was that he should be taking the initiative to develop it in case Keenum also struggles...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
My opinion...
I like Foles, but he just WON'T PULL THE TRIGGER, and when he finally does, his feet are all fucked up and the pass goes nowhere.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's going to be an interesting game. I just watched Fisher's Presser, Not only well we be Starting Keenum, But we've lost Brown and Daryl Williams for the Season to IR, and they're Bringing up Battle from the PS and Looking to add for Depth!!
All this is straight from Fishers own lips!!
He won't say who's starting were because of " Opponent/Competitive considerations"

Dave, I saw this and I thought "this is Dave when he's mad at the Rams"

Debacled

Starter
Reports on whats owed to Foles are all over the place. Some reporting only his 1.75m base salary, others reporting his 6m roster bonus is fully guaranteed.

This may be the last we see of him in the horns anywhere but on the sideline.

maximus

Rookie
Personally I think Foles has regressed big time since beginning of the season, and I think it's just cause he's taken too many hits. Can't step up, and he can't hit open receivers because his mechanics are sloppy. Unfortunate situation, because I did like his toughness and ability to make some gutsy throws. But he can't even hit the completions he's supposed to. Just a sign he needs to hit the bench, I just don't like how he's gotten there. Too. Many. Hits.

He got Marc Bulgered and David Carred. Foles played very well against Seattle and Arizona, but he was never the same after the hits he took against GB, including that nasty hit from Clay Matthews.

Refs with the BS penalties changed the last game, instead of 14-7 it got to 10-24. The drives in between were killed by holding penalty after holding penalty. It's a much different ball game playing from behind 2 TDs than playing from ahead.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I know that. The point was that he should be taking the initiative to develop it in case Keenum also struggles...
I think I get what you're trying to say. But how does he do that? He can't just insert himself into taking reps from Keenum or for that matter Foles.

You seem to he insinuating that he needs to do more in the film room. Are you privy to info that says he's not doing everything he's being asked to do?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think I get what you're trying to say. But how does he do that? He can't just insert himself into taking reps from Keenum or for that matter Foles.

You seem to he insinuating that he needs to do more in the film room. Are you privy to info that says he's not doing everything he's being asked to do?

Not at all. I'd be doing extra. Grabbing guys after practice and after doing everything that's asked, doing more.

He was the first to memorize the playbook per Fish and personally, I noticed the energy of the offense was markedly different and more "up" than with either Foles or Keenum.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Not at all. I'd be doing extra. Grabbing guys after practice and after doing everything that's asked, doing more.

He was the first to memorize the playbook per Fish and personally, I noticed the energy of the offense was markedly different and more "up" than with either Foles or Keenum.
I have said since the first week of training camp the sooner he moved into the backup role the better.

But with this latest development, I think it means he will be held back even more. They aren't going to cast Foles aside. He is still going to be entrenched as the #2 making it even less likely that Mannion will have any opportunity to step up anytime soon. Just not how Fisher does things.

Shawnbb158

Starter
I have not seen this bad of qb play watching football since I was in high school so yes I'm glad this change was made. Can keenum make this offense that much better? No it won't be top 10 but with gurley and ta11 with how good our d is (minus the big plays we scheme ourselves into letting happen) all we need is a qb that can hit a wide open guy. Foles proved incapable of that. So yes get him out. Almost rather mannion get a chance tho...

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Glad Fisher made the move. Foles was terrible. It's quite possible that Keenum can come in and just be average....which would be an improvement and probably good enough to win games.

I have to say, everyone in the Bears GDT wanted Foles benched, fired, launched into space...and i mean EVERYONE(including myself) and now that Foles is benched, this thread is still full of complainers bitching about something. Unbelievable.
/rant

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
:( I much preferred it when I was the lone crazy doubting Foles and his 14-4 record, would rather have been wrong about him and made the playoffs.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I don't mean right off...week 9?

No I expected the line to be a problem all year. I know I wasn't the only one. Two rookies, a 2nd year guy who the coach says doesn’t know how to pass block, a oft injured guard who previously failed a physical when he tried to hit FA, and two centers who couldn't beat out Scott Wells last year? Frankly, I think we've actually done a smidgen better than I expected. Rob H has been better than I thought. Barnes has held up better than I thought. However, the shuffling and inconsistencies are pretty much as expected.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am tempering my enthusiasm...I want to go off the edge into complete homerism, but It wasn't just Foles sucking last Sunday, our vaunted Defense gave it up like a cheap hooker on Wacker Drive, to Cutler & Co........I want a winning record so bad it hurts, but I don't want to be let down again so soon...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's what I think. The "tape" shows plays missed deep. Keenum likes to throw deep. We thought Foles did too.
When a guy is getting open deep the qb is usually reading that early in the progression if not at the line.
I am excited for this
Personally I am hoping this becomes Rich Gannon 2.0

WvuIN02

Starter
Im actually really excited for this.

I think Keenum is far and away the better QB and we will see that, espcially for this offense.

maximus

Rookie
Here's what I think. The "tape" shows plays missed deep. Keenum likes to throw deep. We thought Foles did too.
When a guy is getting open deep the qb is usually reading that early in the progression if not at the line.
I am excited for this
Personally I am hoping this becomes Rich Gannon 2.0

What plays deep where missed by Foles? He missed Britt in the first play against the Vikings, but other than that, what exactly?