Keenum and Goff: Discuss making change at QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambo

UDFA
You want to start him coming off a loss not a win, so I really doubt he'll start now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You want to start him coming off a loss not a win, so I really doubt he'll start now.
What does it matter? We will not make the playoffs with Keenum, and who knows how good Goff will actually be? Maybe the team hits a HR if Goff gets in there now.....

Rambo

UDFA
What does it matter? We will not make the playoffs with Keenum, and who knows how good Goff will actually be? Maybe the team hits a HR if Goff gets in there now.....
Id like him to start but Im just thinking if he starts now and is bad and the Rams lose then people may start thinking well Keenum won the last game and played ok so maybe he should have kept starting. Its just a better situation for him to come in after a loss because nothing he can do can be worse.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams had negative yardage in the red zone today.
Keenum offered nothing to win the game. The qb that helped the Rams was Bryce Petty.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I found it interesting they aired the "We Want Goff" chants from last week's game today. Fans may be onto something.

However, offensive play calling today was hot garbage. Goff won't give much better production with some of those calls.

Ellard80

Legend
The problem is.. keenum isn't great - but Goff might get killed with the pass blocking breakdowns I see every now and then.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Id like him to start but Im just thinking if he starts now and is bad and the Rams lose then people may start thinking well Keenum won the last game and played ok so maybe he should have kept starting. Its just a better situation for him to come in after a loss because nothing he can do can be worse.
There will be good and bad games from Goff, and you don't make the switch to be wishy-washy about it.....Keenum 's performance is irrelevant to me, at this point.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/13/jeff-fisher-i-thought-case-keenum-did-a-nice-job/

Jeff Fisher: I thought Case Keenum did a nice job
Posted by Josh Alper on November 13, 2016

623034840-e1479076626747.jpg
Getty Images

The Rams didn’t score a touchdown against the Jets on Sunday, but they won 9-6 thanks to a Jets offense that was every bit its equal in ineptitude.

Case Keenum was 17-of-30 for 165 yards and couldn’t get his team into the end zone on three different drives that moved into the red zone. In what’s become a weekly exercise, coach Jeff Fisher answered in the negative when asked if the time had come to take a look at Jared Goff because of how infrequent touchdowns have become for his team.

“I don’t believe it’s the quarterback play,” Fisher said, via ESPN.com. “I think it’s collectively. It’s always a possibility when [Goff’s] time comes. But I thought Case did a nice job.”

Keenum didn’t turn the ball over, but two touchdowns in three games isn’t much of an argument for a continued stay as the man at the helm of the offense. Without seeing Goff, however, we can’t know what his argument for the job might look like.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/13/jeff-fisher-i-thought-case-keenum-did-a-nice-job/

Jeff Fisher: I thought Case Keenum did a nice job
Posted by Josh Alper on November 13, 2016

623034840-e1479076626747.jpg
Getty Images

The Rams didn’t score a touchdown against the Jets on Sunday, but they won 9-6 thanks to a Jets offense that was every bit its equal in ineptitude.

Case Keenum was 17-of-30 for 165 yards and couldn’t get his team into the end zone on three different drives that moved into the red zone. In what’s become a weekly exercise, coach Jeff Fisher answered in the negative when asked if the time had come to take a look at Jared Goff because of how infrequent touchdowns have become for his team.

“I don’t believe it’s the quarterback play,” Fisher said, via ESPN.com. “I think it’s collectively. It’s always a possibility when [Goff’s] time comes. But I thought Case did a nice job.”

Keenum didn’t turn the ball over, but two touchdowns in three games isn’t much of an argument for a continued stay as the man at the helm of the offense. Without seeing Goff, however, we can’t know what his argument for the job might look like.
This is the reason that the HC should be fired

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
It is a shame that Fisher doesn't know how to fix the offense but it's obvious now that he doesn't. There is no way to know if Goff would make the difference unless you play him but Fisher doesn't seem to want to try.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Jared Goff isn't ready yet "understanding the playbook/Defensive complexities" . It wouldn't be fair to throw Jared out there now.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Jared Goff isn't ready yet "understanding the playbook/Defensive complexities" . It wouldn't be fair to throw Jared out there now.
Good thing that they didn't spend much to get him then!:eek:

Although that said, pretty much all of his teammates and anyone else that has seen this offense in action can't understand it either.:puke:

RamWoodie

Legend
Good thing that they didn't spend much to get him then!:eek:

Although that said, pretty much all of his teammates and anyone else that has seen this offense in action can't understand it either.:puke:
You gotta go out and get a really good offensive mind for OC. Of course that would mean another offensive system and the growing pains of that. It would be worth it though given the talent of this team...not great...but good.

That Jet defense has the same problem the Rams defense has...they stay on the field.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

yeah we should wait a year and a half like the jets did cause we all seen what that done for petty

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't put too much stock on press conferences. Although he's done it in the past, it's uncharacteristic for fisher to throw his players under the bus.

All we can do is cross our fingers that Goff plays soon and when he does that he is successful.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Keenum missed a bunch of reads today in the red zone. He doesn't see the field. Quick had his man beat in the end zone often.

I like Case. But if Goff is ready...its time.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
bump

Resume season-long dead horse discussion if that's your thing.
200.gif