Keenum and Goff: Discuss making change at QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Crazy thing is (imo) the more we lose the less likely he will feel he needs to play goff. fisher doesn't seem like the kinda guy that gets pressured into a decision or wants people to believe that pressure forced him into something

Yes, as stubborn as a boulder.

He DOES make changes, it's just always too late.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think we need to bribe every analyst/media type and have them all say that starting Goff is the wrong thing to do and that there's no way the Rams could win with Goff
Because you know Fisher would start #16 then.....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://deadspin.com/this-week-in-jeff-fisher-refusing-to-blame-his-quarterb-1788958329

This Week In Jeff Fisher Refusing To Blame His Quarterback
Barry Petchesky

hq5mr11a2sm4yitpz4pt.jpg

Seth Wenig/AP Images

I’d like to apologize to you on behalf of sports if you watched yesterday’s 9-6 Rams win over the Jets, a game that seemed absolutely destined to be a tie and didn’t end up with even that novelty to recommend it. The Jets are so unwatchable that they flexed Tom Brady out of primetime, but let’s not sleep on the permanent feebleness of the Rams’ offense.

Los Angeles is 4-5, a remarkably respectable record considering that this team is 31st in the league in yards per game (25th in the air and 29th on the ground) and dead last in points per game. This is a team that has won two different games this year without scoring a touchdown!

Rams fans have been waiting not-so-patiently for first overall pick Jared Goff, and after seemingly every popgun performance from Case Keenum, Jeff Fisher has taken to the podium to deflect a QB controversy.
  • Two games ago after putting up 10 points: “Quarterback is not the reason we lost.”
  • Last week after putting up 10 points: “I would submit that Case was not the reason we lost this game today.”
  • Sunday, after scoring just nine points: “I don’t believe it’s the quarterback play.”
It’s not fair to put this all at Case Keenum’s feet—that offensive line is trash—but the numbers aren’t pretty. Through nine games he’s thrown nine touchdowns against 11 picks, and currently holds the second-lowest passer rating of any QB who hasn’t already lost his job. The best thing you can say about Keenum yesterday is that he didn’t turn the ball over, but but he was an awful 17-for-30 passing for just 165 yards.

It seems improbable that Jared Goff could do any worse. But Fisher answered firmly in the negative when asked if a change was even under consideration. “No,” Fisher said. “I’m not going to go into a quarterback situation.”

So how’s Goff? Fisher has always said Goff would play when he’s ready.

“I keep saying and I’m going to keep saying this until his first game, that he’s improving,” Fisher said. “He’s got a feel for it. He’s really into the game.”

I don’t even know anymore, man. Maybe it’s Stockholm syndrome by this point, but I’ve almost come around on just keeping Goff benched for the entire season. What’s he going to change? This offense is impotent no matter who’s throwing the ball. Why put him in there to get killed? Or maybe Case Keenum is actually good and Jeff Fisher is right and everyone else is wrong. Or maybe Jared Goff died and they’re just hoping everyone forgets he existed. This team makes me feel insane.

I hate this team, and I hate that they get televised. The punter is easily the best thing about them. Even the Browns are more fun to watch. I’m getting physically ill thinking about a game the Rams won, and that fact is making me angry all over again.

Anyway, no matter how this goes, the Rams are 100 percent finishing 7-9.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

He reminds me of Bobby Cox, manager of the Atlanta Braves, in the late 1990's. You'd be watching a Braves game (and I saw many, as my then-wife was a big fan), and you'd see a pitcher, usually a reliever, struggling. You'd be thinking that they have to get this guy out of there before something bad happens. Sure enough, the pitcher would finally give up a back-breaking, soul-crushing home run that led to losing a game (saw this in a World Series against the Yankees once). Only THEN, after the damage was already done, would the light come on, only then would he make the change. But by then it was too late.

Same thing here, at least as it concerns the offensive side of the ball.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://deadspin.com/this-week-in-jeff-fisher-refusing-to-blame-his-quarterb-1788958329

This Week In Jeff Fisher Refusing To Blame His Quarterback
Barry Petchesky

hq5mr11a2sm4yitpz4pt.jpg

Seth Wenig/AP Images

I’d like to apologize to you on behalf of sports if you watched yesterday’s 9-6 Rams win over the Jets, a game that seemed absolutely destined to be a tie and didn’t end up with even that novelty to recommend it. The Jets are so unwatchable that they flexed Tom Brady out of primetime, but let’s not sleep on the permanent feebleness of the Rams’ offense.

Los Angeles is 4-5, a remarkably respectable record considering that this team is 31st in the league in yards per game (25th in the air and 29th on the ground) and dead last in points per game. This is a team that has won two different games this year without scoring a touchdown!

Rams fans have been waiting not-so-patiently for first overall pick Jared Goff, and after seemingly every popgun performance from Case Keenum, Jeff Fisher has taken to the podium to deflect a QB controversy.
  • Two games ago after putting up 10 points: “Quarterback is not the reason we lost.”
  • Last week after putting up 10 points: “I would submit that Case was not the reason we lost this game today.”
  • Sunday, after scoring just nine points: “I don’t believe it’s the quarterback play.”
It’s not fair to put this all at Case Keenum’s feet—that offensive line is trash—but the numbers aren’t pretty. Through nine games he’s thrown nine touchdowns against 11 picks, and currently holds the second-lowest passer rating of any QB who hasn’t already lost his job. The best thing you can say about Keenum yesterday is that he didn’t turn the ball over, but but he was an awful 17-for-30 passing for just 165 yards.

It seems improbable that Jared Goff could do any worse. But Fisher answered firmly in the negative when asked if a change was even under consideration. “No,” Fisher said. “I’m not going to go into a quarterback situation.”

So how’s Goff? Fisher has always said Goff would play when he’s ready.

“I keep saying and I’m going to keep saying this until his first game, that he’s improving,” Fisher said. “He’s got a feel for it. He’s really into the game.”

I don’t even know anymore, man. Maybe it’s Stockholm syndrome by this point, but I’ve almost come around on just keeping Goff benched for the entire season. What’s he going to change? This offense is impotent no matter who’s throwing the ball. Why put him in there to get killed? Or maybe Case Keenum is actually good and Jeff Fisher is right and everyone else is wrong. Or maybe Jared Goff died and they’re just hoping everyone forgets he existed. This team makes me feel insane.

I hate this team, and I hate that they get televised. The punter is easily the best thing about them. Even the Browns are more fun to watch. I’m getting physically ill thinking about a game the Rams won, and that fact is making me angry all over again.

Anyway, no matter how this goes, the Rams are 100 percent finishing 7-9.
Keenum has been dreadful since his Detroit game. 2 td to 5 int and a passer rating of 64.5
And Fisher keeps saying he's playing well