Kayvon Webster has signed with the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Never seen so much hype over a cb that was 4th on the depth chart lol but I trust wade Phillips and hopefully this works out ..now what's going on with tru??

Being behind Talib, Roby and Harris does't make him a bad CB - he's young too and has been a star on ST - I know @jrry32 has questioned me on championing Webster from early on - I hope he now steps up to the mark and proves me right - I think he will be a star for the LA Rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Being behind Talib, Roby and Harris does't make him a bad CB - he's young too and has been a star on ST - I know @jrry32 has questioned me on championing Webster from early on - I hope he now steps up to the mark and proves me right - I think he will be a star for the LA Rams.

I'm skeptical because of his limited film from regular season games, but I trust Wade Phillips.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm skeptical because of his limited film from regular season games, but I trust Wade Phillips.
Totally appreciate the skepticism, and I always take on board your opinion and view. I, like you, have total faith in Phillips, I don't think he would have been picked up by the Rams if he didn't think he could contribute :)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Well, let's hope he's better than Coty Sensabaugh, who IMHO would make a better official as he kept signaling incomplete everytime he man beat him.

Los-Angeles-Rams-release-CB-Coty-Sensabaugh.jpg

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If nothing else this is a great depth signing. A guy that's good enough to be the 4th CB on the best defense in football is easily good enough to be our 4th, maybe even our 2nd.

TruJo
Gaines/Webster
Joyner
Countess/Jordan

Those are our CBs right there. Maybe we trade TruJo or (hopefully) move Joyner to safety, but that's a good set of corners. Webster will push Gaines - and provide an insurance policy. We could easily end up drafting a guy and moving Joyner to FS - our secondary would be nasty at that point.

fearsomefour

Legend
Love this signing.
Wade knows him and no doubt trusts him. Good tackler.
Vet depth at CB has been lacking in recent years.

fearsomefour

Legend
If nothing else this is a great depth signing. A guy that's good enough to be the 4th CB on the best defense in football is easily good enough to be our 4th, maybe even our 2nd.

TruJo
Gaines/Webster
Joyner
Countess/Jordan

Those are our CBs right there. Maybe we trade TruJo or (hopefully) move Joyner to safety, but that's a good set of corners. Webster will push Gaines - and provide an insurance policy. We could easily end up drafting a guy and moving Joyner to FS - our secondary would be nasty at that point.
That was my first thought....good depth and allows more flexibility with Joyner. At the end of the day I think Joyner may get snaps at both.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How do incentives work with respect to the cap space?

Is this him taking up $4 million in cap this year, or do we have to plan on it being $6 million with the incentives?

Either way, still have $9 million, hopefully down to $7 million if we sign Groy. That's not bad.

Psycho_X

Legend
I've heard some speculation of him playing safety. He has swapped around between safety and cb through his career and I guess got plenty of practice as one at Denver and was set to become their starter but they decided to sign Darian Stewart instead. So will see what he ends up playing. At worst it sounds like he is a great depth signing as a player who can play multiple positions in Wade's defense if needed.

Psycho_X

Legend
How do incentives work with respect to the cap space?

Is this him taking up $4 million in cap this year, or do we have to plan on it being $6 million with the incentives?

Either way, still have $9 million, hopefully down to $7 million if we sign Groy. That's not bad.

Incentives are some what complicating but the basics come down to whether they are classified as "likely to be earned" or "not likely to be earned" which is designated by lawyers with the NFL. Likely to be earned incentives are put against the cap of the year they are designated for. Not likely against the years cap after they are earned. So it's kind of dumb how they do them lol. I'm not sure how they handle the likely to be earned that doesn't happen... I guess maybe a cap reduction the next year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Tru would of been 4th on the depth chart in Denver too for what it's worth.

Yeah probably. But it's also really hard to say what Tru would have been had he come in under Phillips from day one. I suspect he'd be a lot better corner if that was the case, and the scheme would benefit him more than the Rams and their soft 10 yard cushion BS.

IMO if he plays this year under Wade he's going to get the long term elite money he wants next offseason.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm uncertain as to what Webster offers, but more competition is always a good thing.
Oh shit....I was expect you, @den-the-coach , @OldSchool ....or somebody to have something on this guy....All I've read is he ran a 4.41 during his draft year...not sure if that was a pro-day or combine. Trust in son-of-bum....

I know @jrry32 has questioned me on championing Webster from early on
? What's up with him shaun? What's his skill-set? I keep seeing great tackler...ST ace....oh brother... I hope he's not playing ST's here.

Webster will push Gaines off the team.
Ahahahahahahahahha JK...not really....
I must tell you, Lis Franc injuries are different. No way to tell if EJ EVER regains the explosion in that foot. No way to tell...and he was already slow to begin with. Which leads to.....\/

Yeah probably. But it's also really hard to say what Tru would have been had he come in under Phillips from day one. I suspect he'd be a lot better corner if that was the case
Son of Bum loves speed and man to man skills in his corners....His pressure is linked to his db's ability to stay with and harrass their men in one on one coverage.....Tru, EJ...Mike Jordan...are NOT Wade types....JJ was...Believe it or no, if Fisher is to be believed that Joyner is a superior man to man/press man corner, Joyner is a son of bum type of player...but...I don't believe Fish.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Yeah probably. But it's also really hard to say what Tru would have been had he come in under Phillips from day one. I suspect he'd be a lot better corner if that was the case, and the scheme would benefit him more than the Rams and their soft 10 yard cushion BS.

IMO if he plays this year under Wade he's going to get the long term elite money he wants next offseason.

Won't disagree with you there. The huge cushions would drive me crazy at times. I understand what Gregg Williams was trying to do I just wasn't a big fan of the way he had his corners play. Limit the big plays and keep everything in front of them and rally to the ball is what it seemed like to me. That's what opposing teams would have such high completion %'s but low yards per attempt.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh crap....I was expect you, @den-the-coach , @OldSchool ....or somebody to have something on this guy....All I've read is he ran a 4.41 during his draft year...not sure if that was a pro-day or combine. Trust in son-of-bum....

? What's up with him shaun? What's his skill-set? I keep seeing great tackler...ST ace....oh brother... I hope he's not playing ST's here.

Ahahahahahahahahha JK...not really....
I must tell you, Lis Franc injuries are different. No way to tell if EJ EVER regains the explosion in that foot. No way to tell...and he was already slow to begin with. Which leads to.....\/

Son of Bum loves speed and man to man skills in his corners....His pressure is linked to his db's ability to stay with and harrass their men in one on one coverage.....Tru, EJ...Mike Jordan...are NOT Wade types....JJ was...Believe it or no, if Fisher is to be believed that Joyner is a superior man to man/press man corner, Joyner is a son of bum type of player...but...I don't believe Fish.
Denver fans I've talked to and seen post aren't happy he's leaving but very glad he's finally going to get a chance to start. When he's seen the field for Denver he's performed well also he's seen time at both CB and some FS. Lastly they call him one of if not the best ST gunners in the NFL.