Jrry32 The Return of the Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Back due to semi-popular demand, the Rams have already taken care of some of the cuts for me. My mocks are typically based on what I think is best but for this one, I'm going to do a mix of what I think is best and what the Rams' track record suggests is possible. Alshon Jeffery does not hit FA in this mock. Carson Wentz goes to the Browns at #2.
Cut
Nick Foles QB
Rodger Saffold OG

Re-sign
Janoris Jenkins - 5 years $55 million
Trumaine Johnson - 5 years $55 million
Mark Barron - 4 years $22 million
Rodney McLeod - 4 years $22 million
Greg Zuerlein - 1 year veteran minimum
William Hayes - 3 years $15 million
Tim Barnes - 2 years $3 million
Daren Bates - RFA Tender
Benny Cunningham - RFA Tender
Cody Davis - RFA Tender
Case Keenum - RFA Tender
Cory Harkey - 3 years $3 million

The CB contracts are large. I'm not sure the Rams will be willing to dish out that much money to keep both but we shall see. I let Nick Foles go because I don't think he's worth the roster spot. Everything else is pretty typical.

Free Agency
10689.jpg

Marvin Jones WR - 5 years $40 million

There's some risk here with Jones because he missed the entire 2014 season with an injury but he's a very talented kid that had a good bounce back year. Jones is a bigger WR that runs quality routes, has some wiggle after the catch, the speed to get deep, and can make tough catches in traffic. At 6'2" 200, he has a thin frame and can be out-muscled. Still, I think he has untapped potential. Could end up becoming a #1 guy with a bigger role. But at minimum, we get a good #2 WR.

Tyrunn+Walker+Arizona+Cardinals+v+New+Orleans+rSMrttoP-97l.jpg

Tyrunn Walker DT - 1 year $2 million

Walker isn't a well known guy but the Saints were very upset that they lost him last year to Detroit. Walker essentially took a "prove it" deal with the Lions and was off to a nice start before suffering an injury early in the year that knocked him out for the season. Walker still has a lot of potential as both a pass rusher and run stopper. He can play both the 1-tech and the 3-tech. He'll provide valuable depth behind Brockers and Donald.

Trade
Rams trade Round 1 Pick #15, Round 2 Pick #12, and Round 3 Pick #13
Giants trade trade Round 1 Pick #10, Round 3 Pick #8, and Round 4 Pick #11

We decide to move up for our QB. This comes out to be about equal value on the trade value chart and the Rams don't lose a pick when we're already short a pick.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #10 - Paxton Lynch QB Memphis

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWmXBFtiGpk

Analysis: People know that my #1 QB is Goff and I'd trade up for him if I could. However, I have a strong feeling that the Rams are very high on Paxton Lynch. He fits their typical MO of drafting high upside players in the first round. Lynch measured in a 6'7" 244 pounds with over 10 inch hands at the Combine. Despite being an absolutely massive person, Lynch is blessed with light, quick feet and extremely impressive mobility. I expect him to time quite well in the 40. He's definitely a guy that can extend plays and isn't easy to sack. Lynch also has a very strong arm and good overall accuracy. Lynch is a lot like Cam Newton and Blake Bortles in that he's extremely physically talented but is still figuring the game out. You see more than enough to know that the kid has no limitations but you also don't see enough consistency to feel that he's all the way there yet. Still, you saw what happened with Newton and Bortles. Their teams gave them time to develop and they did. I think Lynch will be similar in that regard. He needs to polish the mental side of things and improve his lower body mechanics. Additionally, Lynch needs to improve his mechanics while on the move if he wants to be more accurate on the run. That all said, this kid looks like he was created on Madden. A guy with his size shouldn't be able to move like he does. And a guy with his size and mobility shouldn't have a strong arm. He hit the genetic lottery. On top of that, I've heard great things about his intangibles/character and he managed to help turn Memphis from a perennial doormat to a winning program. The biggest thing that gives me confidence is the physical and mental/emotional beating Lynch took as a freshman starter at Memphis. He was on a bad team, was treated poorly by the fans who were upset that Jacob Karam didn't start, and he took a physical beating. Yet, this kid didn't crumble or pout. He picked himself up, worked extremely hard, and became a better player. It tells me that if he struggles early on, he's the type of kid that will let it motivate him rather than crush him.(he's mentally tough)
NFL Comparison: None (can't come up with anyone that compares well)

Round 2 Pick #14 - Tyler Boyd WR Pittsburgh

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfJHNtZ6JoU

Analysis: Boyd hasn't been in as many of my recent mocks but don't think it's because I've cooled on him at all. I've liked this kid since he was a true freshman. At 6'2" 200 pounds, Boyd is not a burner and doesn't offer dominating size and strength. This leads some to doubt whether he'll separate at the next level. People said the same thing about Keenan Allen and quickly found out that Allen had no trouble separating against NFL CBs. The same will be true of Tyler Boyd. While Boyd does not have elite athleticism or size, he does have outstanding acceleration, quickness, fluidity, and body control. He's also a highly intelligent receiver and a nuanced route runner. He makes crisp cuts, he attacks zone coverage effectively, and he understands how to run his routes in order to position the corner across from him to create separation. Due to his body control and awareness, Boyd works the sideline with veteran precision and does an excellent job of getting proper depth on his routes. Boyd also possesses a great pair of hands which allow him to make tough catches in traffic, go up and get the football in jump ball situations, come down with contested catches, and make acrobatic catches on inaccurate passes. He has the occasional concentration drop but that's not out of the ordinary in young players. In addition to that, Boyd is a very dangerous player with the ball in his hands because he has good vision, isn't afraid of contact, and can cut on a dime. He's a very elusive player. Aside from Boyd lacking dominating size and speed, the biggest weaknesses I see in his game are his inconsistent effort while blocking and his attitude. On film, Boyd comes off as a bit of a diva. He's prone to sulking and visible frustration if the ball isn't coming his way or the QB is making mistakes. But that's a pretty common trait in WRs. He'll need to control his temper and show a more consistent motor in the running game at the NFL level.
NFL Comparison: Keenan Allen

Round 3 Pick #8 - Nick Martin OG/C Notre Dame

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUzWyiwXoY

Analysis: Zack's younger brother is a strong prospect in his own right. Isn't quite the nasty mauler that Evan Boehm is but Martin has a strong understanding of angles, good functional strength, and excellent feet and hands. I prefer him over Boehm because Martin is excellent in pass pro. He has quick feet and hands, a solid punch, and uses his hands extremely well. He definitely has polished handwork, good punch timing, and is comfortable handling games and blitzes up-front. Will give up a bit too much ground when getting bullrushed at times (although, I said the same thing about his brother) but keep his man in front of him, keeps his hands locked on, and does a great job of extending his arms and keeping the defender locked out. The only major knock I saw is that he has a tendency to get over-aggressive in both the run and passing game and can get caught with his head over his toes at times. But he's a polished, smart OL that can play anywhere on the interior OL and fits our hybrid power/zone scheme.
NFL Comparison: John Sullivan

Round 4 Pick #11 - Shawn Oakman DE Baylor

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pd2FpUR93Q

Analysis: There aren't a lot of teams that I think Oakman makes sense for because he's such a boom/bust player but we have arguably the best DL Coach in the NFL, the most talented DL in the NFL, and a Head Coach known for dealing well with players who have character red flags. Oakman does have character red flags but boy is he talented. Oakman checked into the Senior Bowl at 6'7.5" 270 pounds with 35 inch arms. Basically, the guy has ridiculous length. On top of that ridiculous length, Oakman is extremely powerful with jarring hands. The kid has one hell of a punch. It's really a shame that he doesn't know how to use it to full potential yet. This is a kid that has the power and length to be rag-dolling OTs like Aldon Smith used to. Oakman is incredibly raw. He doesn't really have a set of pass rush moves. He doesn't understand how to consistently attack the half man or play with proper leverage. He doesn't convert speed to power and power to speed. But we have the right guys to teach him how. He's not like Robert Quinn. He doesn't have the flexibility to bend around the edge. But what he does have is extreme power, closing speed, and great length. That makes him perfect to play the LDE role in our defense. If we can develop this kid, we'll have an absolutely monstrous DL. The issues with him are that he has skinny legs (but it doesn't detract from his power), takes plays off, and has gotten into trouble in the past off the field. But I think he's worth the risk for a team like us. With Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, Robert Quinn, and Will Hayes on your ass on top of Coach Waufle, I don't see how he can not succeed.
NFL Comparison: Devin Taylor

Round 4 Pick #12 - Tyler Higbee TE Western Kentucky

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPiz2_bO08Q

Analysis: Despite missing nearly half of the season with a knee injury (sprain not a tear; not an issue moving forward), Higbee was one of the nation's most productive TEs with 38 receptions for 563 yards and 8 TDs. Higbee is a converted WR that is now up to 6'5" 250. He's a competitive, fiery player that blocks with a passion. He plays through the whistle and has a real mean streak. Basically, the kid is more than a willing blocker. He's competitive and visibly gets angry with himself when he fails to make a block. He's still a work in progress as a blocker and needs to get stronger to block inline at the NFL level but I don't doubt his desire. As a receiver, he's an unrefined route runner that doesn't possess elite athleticism. That all said, Higbee has outstanding hands and can be relied upon to make tough catches in traffic and go up and get the football in the red-zone. He has enough speed to separate but he's not a freakish athlete. The same is true of his movement skills. He'll never be a guy that wins with pure athleticism but if he continues to develop as a route runner, he can be a very effective weapon because of how great his hands are. And after the catch, Higbee is a major threat because he refuses to go down easy and is deceptively elusive.
NFL Comparison: Gary Barnidge

Round 6 Pick #15 - Alex McCalister DE Florida

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW0erSBUzA4

Analysis: Alex is being listed as a 7th rounder/UDFA right now on some sites. I don't buy it. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes 4th round. He was kicked off of UF's team and has some character red flags/maturity issues. McCalister is also undersized at 6'6" 240 (listed) for a 4-3 DE. However, Eugene Sims was listed similarly his final year in college and we managed to get him up over 260. What makes McCalister such a great pick for me is that he was the best pass rusher on the a talented UF defense this year. McCalister has all of the tools needed to be a disruptive NFL edge rusher. He's 6'6" with long arms and an explosive get-off which allows him to threaten the edge. McCalister also can dip and bend around the corner and push the pocket using his length. He has outstanding balance for such a long defender, great agility, impressive speed, and has flashed a scary spin move. Basically, this kid is a risky prospect because he has character issues and needs to add weight and strength. But he has the tools to be a double digit sacker in the NFL. With the staff and players we have in place on defense and the DL, I think he's worth the risk for us. You don't find many guys with his talent on Day 3.
NFL Comparison: Aaron Lynch

Projected Starters
QB: Paxton Lynch
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Marvin Jones
ZWR: Tyler Boyd vs. Kenny Britt
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Martellus Bennett
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Jamon Brown
C: Tim Barnes vs. Nick Martin
RG: Cody Wichmann
RT: Rob Havenstein

LDE: Will Hayes
LDT: Michael Brockers
RDT: Aaron Donald
RDE: Robert Quinn
OLB: Mark Barron
MLB: Alec Ogletree
OLB: Akeem Ayers
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
SLCB: E.J. Gaines
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein vs. Ross Martin (UDFA)
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nailed it for me. I would love this draft. The only pick I question is Oakman. Everything I read about him say she is not tough. He has Calais Campbell like tools but can the Rams toughen him up. I am not worried about his red flag. It was his freshman year and hasn't had problems since that I am aware of.

It looks like a very good draft.

Ants

Starter
Pretty much nailed it for me as well.
I'm not really crazy about moving up for Lynch...not necessarily against it - just not so sure (as if there is such a thing as being "sure").
I think Oakman gets picked well before that spot...but maybe not. Every year there seems to be a guy or 2 that slides, and he can be one of those this year.

Really good draft, though. If it panned out this way, I wouldn't complain...depending on who else was on the board at those spots. :thinking:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
th

Man, I love this draft.
Lynch may not be my personal fave, nor yours, but clearly may be the most realistic shot we got. And I could totally see that trade work
Great job

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Like all the picks pretty much covers all the bases.

One question Where did Martellus Bennett come from?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Love it, also looking at the depth chart I really like the idea of Wichman and Havenstein run blocking together on the right. Draft works great, I'm really convinced we draft two mid/late DE with letting long go and Quinn's back issues. Couple that with Hayes and Sims aren't getting any younger it just makes too much sense for the, not to draft a couple.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't care that this draft won't show immediate results. I love it. We get depth this year from this draft with guys that should be ready to start next year. I would like to see some more depth at LB. Even if from aging vets.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Back due to semi-popular demand, the Rams have already taken care of some of the cuts for me. My mocks are typically based on what I think is best but for this one, I'm going to do a mix of what I think is best and what the Rams' track record suggests is possible. Alshon Jeffery does not hit FA in this mock. Carson Wentz goes to the Browns at #2.
Cut
Nick Foles QB
Rodger Saffold OG

Re-sign
Janoris Jenkins - 5 years $55 million
Trumaine Johnson - 5 years $55 million
Mark Barron - 4 years $22 million
Rodney McLeod - 4 years $22 million
Greg Zuerlein - 1 year veteran minimum
William Hayes - 3 years $15 million
Tim Barnes - 2 years $3 million
Daren Bates - RFA Tender
Benny Cunningham - RFA Tender
Cody Davis - RFA Tender
Case Keenum - RFA Tender
Cory Harkey - 3 years $3 million

The CB contracts are large. I'm not sure the Rams will be willing to dish out that much money to keep both but we shall see. I let Nick Foles go because I don't think he's worth the roster spot. Everything else is pretty typical.

Free Agency
10689.jpg

Marvin Jones WR - 5 years $40 million

There's some risk here with Jones because he missed the entire 2014 season with an injury but he's a very talented kid that had a good bounce back year. Jones is a bigger WR that runs quality routes, has some wiggle after the catch, the speed to get deep, and can make tough catches in traffic. At 6'2" 200, he has a thin frame and can be out-muscled. Still, I think he has untapped potential. Could end up becoming a #1 guy with a bigger role. But at minimum, we get a good #2 WR.

Tyrunn+Walker+Arizona+Cardinals+v+New+Orleans+rSMrttoP-97l.jpg

Tyrunn Walker DT - 1 year $2 million

Walker isn't a well known guy but the Saints were very upset that they lost him last year to Detroit. Walker essentially took a "prove it" deal with the Lions and was off to a nice start before suffering an injury early in the year that knocked him out for the season. Walker still has a lot of potential as both a pass rusher and run stopper. He can play both the 1-tech and the 3-tech. He'll provide valuable depth behind Brockers and Donald.

Trade
Rams trade Round 1 Pick #15, Round 2 Pick #12, and Round 3 Pick #13
Giants trade trade Round 1 Pick #10, Round 3 Pick #8, and Round 4 Pick #11

We decide to move up for our QB. This comes out to be about equal value on the trade value chart and the Rams don't lose a pick when we're already short a pick.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #10 - Paxton Lynch QB Memphis

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWmXBFtiGpk

Analysis: People know that my #1 QB is Goff and I'd trade up for him if I could. However, I have a strong feeling that the Rams are very high on Paxton Lynch. He fits their typical MO of drafting high upside players in the first round. Lynch measured in a 6'7" 244 pounds with over 10 inch hands at the Combine. Despite being an absolutely massive person, Lynch is blessed with light, quick feet and extremely impressive mobility. I expect him to time quite well in the 40. He's definitely a guy that can extend plays and isn't easy to sack. Lynch also has a very strong arm and good overall accuracy. Lynch is a lot like Cam Newton and Blake Bortles in that he's extremely physically talented but is still figuring the game out. You see more than enough to know that the kid has no limitations but you also don't see enough consistency to feel that he's all the way there yet. Still, you saw what happened with Newton and Bortles. Their teams gave them time to develop and they did. I think Lynch will be similar in that regard. He needs to polish the mental side of things and improve his lower body mechanics. Additionally, Lynch needs to improve his mechanics while on the move if he wants to be more accurate on the run. That all said, this kid looks like he was created on Madden. A guy with his size shouldn't be able to move like he does. And a guy with his size and mobility shouldn't have a strong arm. He hit the genetic lottery. On top of that, I've heard great things about his intangibles/character and he managed to help turn Memphis from a perennial doormat to a winning program. The biggest thing that gives me confidence is the physical and mental/emotional beating Lynch took as a freshman starter at Memphis. He was on a bad team, was treated poorly by the fans who were upset that Jacob Karam didn't start, and he took a physical beating. Yet, this kid didn't crumble or pout. He picked himself up, worked extremely hard, and became a better player. It tells me that if he struggles early on, he's the type of kid that will let it motivate him rather than crush him.(he's mentally tough)
NFL Comparison: None (can't come up with anyone that compares well)

Round 2 Pick #14 - Tyler Boyd WR Pittsburgh

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfJHNtZ6JoU

Analysis: Boyd hasn't been in as many of my recent mocks but don't think it's because I've cooled on him at all. I've liked this kid since he was a true freshman. At 6'2" 200 pounds, Boyd is not a burner and doesn't offer dominating size and strength. This leads some to doubt whether he'll separate at the next level. People said the same thing about Keenan Allen and quickly found out that Allen had no trouble separating against NFL CBs. The same will be true of Tyler Boyd. While Boyd does not have elite athleticism or size, he does have outstanding acceleration, quickness, fluidity, and body control. He's also a highly intelligent receiver and a nuanced route runner. He makes crisp cuts, he attacks zone coverage effectively, and he understands how to run his routes in order to position the corner across from him to create separation. Due to his body control and awareness, Boyd works the sideline with veteran precision and does an excellent job of getting proper depth on his routes. Boyd also possesses a great pair of hands which allow him to make tough catches in traffic, go up and get the football in jump ball situations, come down with contested catches, and make acrobatic catches on inaccurate passes. He has the occasional concentration drop but that's not out of the ordinary in young players. In addition to that, Boyd is a very dangerous player with the ball in his hands because he has good vision, isn't afraid of contact, and can cut on a dime. He's a very elusive player. Aside from Boyd lacking dominating size and speed, the biggest weaknesses I see in his game are his inconsistent effort while blocking and his attitude. On film, Boyd comes off as a bit of a diva. He's prone to sulking and visible frustration if the ball isn't coming his way or the QB is making mistakes. But that's a pretty common trait in WRs. He'll need to control his temper and show a more consistent motor in the running game at the NFL level.
NFL Comparison: Keenan Allen

Round 3 Pick #8 - Nick Martin OG/C Notre Dame

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUzWyiwXoY

Analysis: Zack's younger brother is a strong prospect in his own right. Isn't quite the nasty mauler that Evan Boehm is but Martin has a strong understanding of angles, good functional strength, and excellent feet and hands. I prefer him over Boehm because Martin is excellent in pass pro. He has quick feet and hands, a solid punch, and uses his hands extremely well. He definitely has polished handwork, good punch timing, and is comfortable handling games and blitzes up-front. Will give up a bit too much ground when getting bullrushed at times (although, I said the same thing about his brother) but keep his man in front of him, keeps his hands locked on, and does a great job of extending his arms and keeping the defender locked out. The only major knock I saw is that he has a tendency to get over-aggressive in both the run and passing game and can get caught with his head over his toes at times. But he's a polished, smart OL that can play anywhere on the interior OL and fits our hybrid power/zone scheme.
NFL Comparison: John Sullivan

Round 4 Pick #11 - Shawn Oakman DE Baylor

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pd2FpUR93Q

Analysis: There aren't a lot of teams that I think Oakman makes sense for because he's such a boom/bust player but we have arguably the best DL Coach in the NFL, the most talented DL in the NFL, and a Head Coach known for dealing well with players who have character red flags. Oakman does have character red flags but boy is he talented. Oakman checked into the Senior Bowl at 6'7.5" 270 pounds with 35 inch arms. Basically, the guy has ridiculous length. On top of that ridiculous length, Oakman is extremely powerful with jarring hands. The kid has one hell of a punch. It's really a shame that he doesn't know how to use it to full potential yet. This is a kid that has the power and length to be rag-dolling OTs like Aldon Smith used to. Oakman is incredibly raw. He doesn't really have a set of pass rush moves. He doesn't understand how to consistently attack the half man or play with proper leverage. He doesn't convert speed to power and power to speed. But we have the right guys to teach him how. He's not like Robert Quinn. He doesn't have the flexibility to bend around the edge. But what he does have is extreme power, closing speed, and great length. That makes him perfect to play the LDE role in our defense. If we can develop this kid, we'll have an absolutely monstrous DL. The issues with him are that he has skinny legs (but it doesn't detract from his power), takes plays off, and has gotten into trouble in the past off the field. But I think he's worth the risk for a team like us. With Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, Robert Quinn, and Will Hayes on your ass on top of Coach Waufle, I don't see how he can not succeed.
NFL Comparison: Devin Taylor

Round 4 Pick #12 - Tyler Higbee TE Western Kentucky

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPiz2_bO08Q

Analysis: Despite missing nearly half of the season with a knee injury (sprain not a tear; not an issue moving forward), Higbee was one of the nation's most productive TEs with 38 receptions for 563 yards and 8 TDs. Higbee is a converted WR that is now up to 6'5" 250. He's a competitive, fiery player that blocks with a passion. He plays through the whistle and has a real mean streak. Basically, the kid is more than a willing blocker. He's competitive and visibly gets angry with himself when he fails to make a block. He's still a work in progress as a blocker and needs to get stronger to block inline at the NFL level but I don't doubt his desire. As a receiver, he's an unrefined route runner that doesn't possess elite athleticism. That all said, Higbee has outstanding hands and can be relied upon to make tough catches in traffic and go up and get the football in the red-zone. He has enough speed to separate but he's not a freakish athlete. The same is true of his movement skills. He'll never be a guy that wins with pure athleticism but if he continues to develop as a route runner, he can be a very effective weapon because of how great his hands are. And after the catch, Higbee is a major threat because he refuses to go down easy and is deceptively elusive.
NFL Comparison: Gary Barnidge

Round 6 Pick #15 - Alex McCalister DE Florida

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW0erSBUzA4

Analysis: Alex is being listed as a 7th rounder/UDFA right now on some sites. I don't buy it. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes 4th round. He was kicked off of UF's team and has some character red flags/maturity issues. McCalister is also undersized at 6'6" 240 (listed) for a 4-3 DE. However, Eugene Sims was listed similarly his final year in college and we managed to get him up over 260. What makes McCalister such a great pick for me is that he was the best pass rusher on the a talented UF defense this year. McCalister has all of the tools needed to be a disruptive NFL edge rusher. He's 6'6" with long arms and an explosive get-off which allows him to threaten the edge. McCalister also can dip and bend around the corner and push the pocket using his length. He has outstanding balance for such a long defender, great agility, impressive speed, and has flashed a scary spin move. Basically, this kid is a risky prospect because he has character issues and needs to add weight and strength. But he has the tools to be a double digit sacker in the NFL. With the staff and players we have in place on defense and the DL, I think he's worth the risk for us. You don't find many guys with his talent on Day 3.
NFL Comparison: Aaron Lynch

Projected Starters
QB: Paxton Lynch
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Marvin Jones
ZWR: Tyler Boyd vs. Kenny Britt
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Martellus Bennett
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Jamon Brown
C: Tim Barnes vs. Nick Martin
RG: Cody Wichmann
RT: Rob Havenstein

LDE: Will Hayes
LDT: Michael Brockers
RDT: Aaron Donald
RDE: Robert Quinn
OLB: Mark Barron
MLB: Alec Ogletree
OLB: Akeem Ayers
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
SLCB: E.J. Gaines
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein vs. Ross Martin (UDFA)
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide

I'll add that I love the Alex McCallister pick too. Boom or bust guy that has the potential to be a huge find in round 7. And that trade with the Giants makes sense, because it lets the Rams jump a division rival of the Giants (Eagles) that may be looking to draft a QB. In fact they jump three teams that could potentially be looking for a QB of the future in Chicago, New Orleans, and Philadelphia. The only thing better would be to trade with San Diego and get ahead of Dallas and San Francisco who both are likely to be looking for a future QB.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I highly doubt Oakman is still there in the 4th Round. Teams will pick him earlier based on his physical abilities alone. Other than that I really like this mock. Thanks for sharing!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is probably my favorite mock you have done so far. I would dig this draft. I'm not as high on Jones as you but I would like to see us bring in a vet receiver who wants to prove he still has it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like all the picks pretty much covers all the bases.

One question Where did Martellus Bennett come from?

I screwed up. Was copying and pasting from a past mock for all the formatting and missed him when I was removing stuff.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Nice mock as usual. I'm not sure that we can re-sign some of the guys for the amounts you gave. Not the upper guys, but some of the lower guys, but who knows. My mission for you is to make a mock, with us picking the BPA at #15, and a QB either in the 2nd, or moving back up to the first, if we think we will lose our guy in the 2nd.

So, I'm basically asking you who you'd see as a 2nd round QB target, and BPA at #15. This message will self destruct if 8 seconds....

giphy.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice mock as usual. I'm not sure that we can re-sign some of the guys for the amounts you gave. Not the upper guys, but some of the lower guys, but who knows. My mission for you is to make a mock, with us picking the BPA at #15, and a QB either in the 2nd, or moving back up to the first, if we think we will lose our guy in the 2nd.

So, I'm basically asking you who you'd see as a 2nd round QB target, and BPA at #15. This message will self destruct if 15 seconds....

giphy.gif

I ran the numbers and we can do it without harming our future caps.

Any draft where we don't come away with one of the top 4 QBs (Goff, Wentz, Lynch, and Cook) is a failure to me.(assuming we don't have a legitimate starting QB before the draft) Which is why I don't typically mock other scenarios.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I ran the numbers and we can do it without harming our future caps.

Any draft where we don't come away with one of the top 4 QBs (Goff, Wentz, Lynch, and Cook) is a failure to me.(assuming we don't have a legitimate starting QB before the draft) Which is why I don't typically mock other scenarios.
Where do you think Cook will go?

I'm thinking 20's, which would mean we could take him at 15, or trade back up in the first, possibly, before Houston.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where do you think Cook will go?

I'm thinking 20's, which would mean we could take him at 15, or trade back up in the first, possibly, before Houston.

I'm thinking 20s as well. Between Houston and Denver.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Lynch effect many of us expected is already in full swing. Kirwan interviewed him on sirius this afternoon and they went on and on about how big and athletic he is, how the guy knew nothing when he started out at Memphis, his absolutely insane upside, etc.

Lots of buzz on him already and the dude hasn't shown his arm off yet. So yeah, if the Rams covet him moving up is very wise.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The Lynch effect many of us expected is already in full swing. Kirwan interviewed him on sirius this afternoon and they went on and on about how big and athletic he is, how the guy knew nothing when he started out at Memphis, his absolutely insane upside, etc.

Lots of buzz on him already and the dude hasn't shown his arm off yet. So yeah, if the Rams covet him moving up is very wise.
I want to see him throw it with proper mechanics. He already has a laser, throwing off his back foot most of the time!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and almost forgot... Lot of talk about Boyd today too on sirius. It was mentioned a couple times how many teams love him due to his ability to run a full route tree very well and his size grr...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Great job counselor I would sign up today for this and I even like the get at kicker in Ross Martin.