Jrry32 The Return of the Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
What to do you think about flipping picks w/ Ravens w/ the cost being our 2017 1st. This why we keep both 2nds and I think Fisher & Snead love the value of those picks so much so they would be willing to do that.
Moving up to 6 should land us our franchise QB and able to add 2 good players in Rd 2

Thoughts???

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What to do you think about flipping picks w/ Ravens w/ the cost being our 2017 1st. This why we keep both 2nds and I think Fisher & Snead love the value of those picks so much so they would be willing to do that.
Moving up to 6 should land us our franchise QB and able to add 2 good players in Rd 2

Thoughts???

No. I'd rather give up a 2nd than a 1st.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Shout out to Mark Morrison.

I like the Tyler Boyd/Keenan Allen comparison. Similar body types. Guys who won't blaze the forty (granted Keenan had knee injuries when he ran it), but know how to run routes well and use their bodies for their advantage.

If the Rams can get a player of Keenan Allen quality in Boyd, that would be amazing.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Shout out to Mark Morrison.

I like the Tyler Boyd/Keenan Allen comparison. Similar body types. Guys who won't blaze the forty (granted Keenan had knee injuries when he ran it), but know how to run routes well and use their bodies for their advantage.

If the Rams can get a player of Keenan Allen quality in Boyd, that would be amazing.
Keemun just isn't very fast. I talked to his brother before the draft, and it's why he didn't run at the combine.

He is, however, very quick, runs routes well, has some long speed, and is a good receiver.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
No. I'd rather give up a 2nd than a 1st.

My thought process was if we had both 2nds we could a WR and DT both appear to have 1st rd grades or very close anyways.
@jrry32 you still think a 2nd could be enough to move up to 6th? I would assume another mid rd pick is going to be need. Anyways just spit balling here

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My thought process was if we had both 2nds we could a WR and DT both appear to have 1st rd grades or very close anyways.
@jrry32 you still think a 2nd could be enough to move up to 6th? I would assume another mid rd pick is going to be need. Anyways just spit balling here
We'd have to exchange 1st's, give at least a 2nd, and give another 2nd, or 3rd, or some other combo of picks to get to 6.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Eh. We're picking mid 2nd. So we're giving up a 1st next year instead of a mid 2nd this year. Not something I'm comfortable with.

I don't know if it'll be enough. It was enough for us to trade down with Dallas a few years ago. But that was a different year. Depends on how high Baltimore is on the guys available at #6 and who else is trying to trade up.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Eh. We're picking mid 2nd. So we're giving up a 1st next year instead of a mid 2nd this year. Not something I'm comfortable with.

I don't know if it'll be enough. It was enough for us to trade down with Dallas a few years ago. But that was a different year. Depends on how high Baltimore is on the guys available at #6 and who else is trying to trade up.
And Jerry, I think I'd rather give up a future first, than both of our 2nds this year. Bird in the hand and all. I really don't think that would even do it. I want to keep at least 1 of our 2's, the rest of our top 5 picks this year, then a future pick, if that would do it.

It's all debatable.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Keemun just isn't very fast. I talked to his brother before the draft, and it's why he didn't run at the combine.

He is, however, very quick, runs routes well, has some long speed, and is a good receiver.

Got some insiders on here I didn't know about.

Not trying to come off as a snarky douche.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Got some insiders on here I didn't know about.

Not trying to come off as a snarky douche.
Friend of a friend type deal. No biggie.

He was full speed, working at a local camp, and knew his time would knock him down. He decided to not run, and try to get faster by his pro day. It was a tricky sitch for him, he had to run, because of the injury, yet, he just wasn't a fast guy. He still didn't time well, and it hurt his draft status.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Jerry, I think I'd rather give up a future first, than both of our 2nds this year. Bird in the hand and all. I really don't think that would even do it. I want to keep at least 1 of our 2's, the rest of our top 5 picks this year, then a future pick, if that would do it.

It's all debatable.

That's a trickier question. I think I'd be okay with giving up a future 1st instead of both 2nds. But that'll depend on how our off-season goes. That's mainly because two 2nds = a mid first. And I think we'll pick in the 20s next year if we draft Goff.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
That's a trickier question. I think I'd be okay with giving up a future 1st instead of both 2nds. But that'll depend on how our off-season goes. That's mainly because two 2nds = a mid first. And I think we'll pick in the 20s next year if we draft Goff.
Exactly. I think we will be better, even without Goff, but exponentially better in the future, with a good QB, and if we hit with our current, high picks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's beginning to look like you could be right and we'd have to move up for Lynch.

Bears, Saints, Philadelphia... All could be thinking developmental QB.

San Francisco and Dallas could mess things up too.

Ants

Starter
I ran the numbers and we can do it without harming our future caps.

Any draft where we don't come away with one of the top 4 QBs (Goff, Wentz, Lynch, and Cook) is a failure to me.(assuming we don't have a legitimate starting QB before the draft) Which is why I don't typically mock other scenarios.

So, no love for Prescott, Koker, et. al?
I really like what I've seen from these guys as well as some of the less highly regarded QB's.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
This would be so excellent for the Rams.

I don't see the Martellus Bennet signing though. . . Did I miss something?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

It's all debatable.
100% agree.
Given the fact that the offensive positions of need, are positions that potentially take years to develop.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Nice mock. If the Rams pull off these re-signings and draft I would be ecstatic.

How do you feel about Henry TE in the 2nd instead of Boyd? I think Marvin Jones will surprise a lot of people and it'd be nice to get the athletic, sure handed, Day 1 starter at TE as a safety blanket for our inexperienced QB's.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, no love for Prescott, Koker, et. al?
I really like what I've seen from these guys as well as some of the less highly regarded QB's.

No love at all. Don't see Coker being a NFL starter. Prescott looks like a backup/spot starter type to me. The only two guys I think stand middling chance of being NFL starters are Cardale Jones and Jacoby Brissett. And both guys need to sit if they are going to develop into starters. Which doesn't help us.

Nice mock. If the Rams pull off these re-signings and draft I would be ecstatic.

How do you feel about Henry TE in the 2nd instead of Boyd? I think Marvin Jones will surprise a lot of people and it'd be nice to get the athletic, sure handed, Day 1 starter at TE as a safety blanket for our inexperienced QB's.

I'd rather have Boyd. I rate him higher.