Josh Gordon reinstated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well you have to rule out a trade because the trade deadline passed

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wouldn't surprise me if the league did that by design... meaning they wouldn't finalize his reinstatement until AFTER the trade deadline.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-using-drugs-or-alcohol-probably-every-game/

Josh Gordon admits using drugs or alcohol “probably every game”
Posted by Charean Williams on November 6, 2017

459463354-e1510006171899.jpg

Getty Images

Josh Gordon, who rejoins the Browns on Tuesday, admitted drugs and alcohol were part of his pregame “ritual.” In an interview with GQ magazine, the wide receiver said he played under the influence “every game,” including college.

“I used to make a ritual of it before every game,” Gordon told GQ, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “If I had already been drug tested that week, or the day before the game, I knew I had a couple days to buy to clean my system. Even before I was getting tested for alcohol, prior to my DWI in 2014, I would take the biggest bong rip I could. And try to conceal all the smell off all my clothes. I’d be dressed up to go to the game. A bunch of guys smoke weed before the game, but we’re not talking about them.”

“I would have these little pre-made shots. I used to love Grand Marnier. I could drink it down smooth. I could usually drink a lot of it. But if it wasn’t that, it might be a whiskey or something. And I would drink probably like half a glass, or a couple shots to try and warm my system up, basically. To get the motor running. That’s what I would do for games.”

Gordon said it happened “every game. Probably every game of my career,” including his time at Baylor. He said he was a “highly functioning” alcoholic.

“We would stay at the team hotel and then players are allowed to go back home, get what they need, and then go to the game,” Gordon said of Browns home games. “So I’d leave the hotel early morning, go home, eat breakfast, do my little ritual, whatever it may be, some weed, some alcohol, and then go to the game. And then, I’d definitely be partying after every game, win or lose. Every game.”

Ramon Ram

Starter
Heres from someone who thought we should make a play for him but wow. How many others like him around the league or in college who do this kind of stuff?

In an interview with GQ, Josh Gordon admits he played under the influence of alcohol or drugs "probably every game of my career."

That includes Gordon's time at Baylor. "I used to make a ritual of it before every game,'' Gordon said. "If I had already been drug tested that week, or the day before the game, I knew I had a couple days to buy to clean my system." Gordon said he would take shots to "warm up" his system, and "get the motor running." The entire interview is worth reading. Gordon is scheduled to report to the Browns on Tuesday, and can return to game action in Week 13.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Heres from someone who thought we should make a play for him but wow. How many others like him around the league or in college who do this kind of stuff?

In an interview with GQ, Josh Gordon admits he played under the influence of alcohol or drugs "probably every game of my career."

That includes Gordon's time at Baylor. "I used to make a ritual of it before every game,'' Gordon said. "If I had already been drug tested that week, or the day before the game, I knew I had a couple days to buy to clean my system." Gordon said he would take shots to "warm up" his system, and "get the motor running." The entire interview is worth reading. Gordon is scheduled to report to the Browns on Tuesday, and can return to game action in Week 13.
At least he is being honest about his problem. Hope for the best with him. Still has a chance and is an all pro talent(or was at least)..

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Now i understand why he hasn't played in 3 years. His crocodile tears after he was suspended for a year after the 2014 season show him up for what he was back then, a liar who wouldn't take the steps necessary to play in the league again. After 3 years is he finally serious about being a professional?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
He's gonna fumble this again, I am pro-cannabis but even I would stay sober from the devil's lettuce for years (maybe a decade) if it means I can retire comfortably in my late 30s

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/22/browns-welcome-josh-brown-back-to-practice/

Browns welcome Josh Gordon back to practice
Posted by Charean Williams on November 22, 2017

4534216741-e1511380575795.jpg

Getty Images

Josh Gordon looked like Josh Gordon in his first regular season full-squad practice since December 26, 2014. The Browns wide receiver missed the past 448 days while suspended.

Gordon, who put in some work with quarterback DeShone Kizer on Monday, can’t return to game action until Dec. 3. He has missed 53 of the team’s past 58 games.

Gordon’s return gives the Browns something to look forward to.

He’s a heck of a player, and I’m looking forward to when he’s back out there for us,” Kizer said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “For now, Josh unfortunately isn’t able to play with us this week. My only priority right now is winning this week. Once he gets back out there, I look forward to watching him play well again.”

Gordon was expected to simulate A.J. Green on the scout team this week, giving the Browns defense a realistic look at what they will face Sunday.

“The guy is ultimate talent,” Kizer said. “We all know it. It’s time for him to step in and play his role on this team.”

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

How about this.

He's been open about his substance abuse issues and I STILL would be willing to go after him if he's available because I think he's a better fit than Watkins. (Newsflash: not every player, even elite player, is a fit for every scheme. That might be the case for Sammy, unfortunately)

Moreover, and I'll cop to this bias, I think there should be entirely different treatment for those dealing with substance abuse issues versus those who are busted for taking PEDs.

A CB taking Adderall is a far cry from a guy being a functioning alcoholic or dependent opiate abuser. And the NFL's puritanical approach hurts players and is beyond hypocritical especially in light of the massive alcohol-related advertising dollars they take in.

If Gordon looks good, I can't really see him staying in Cleveland, but I can see him having a limited market because even at this point, he's got MASSIVE upside if he truly embraces his sobriety.