Josh Gordon reinstated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just let him in so he can screw up yet again and we can be done with it for good. I hope the guy is clean and got himself moving forward. Unfortunately we've seen too much evidence to believe he has.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Just let him in so he can screw up yet again and we can be done with it for good. I hope the guy is clean and got himself moving forward. Unfortunately we've seen too much evidence to believe he has.

And force the Browns to resign Manziel hahaha.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One person on this board suggests the Rams sign him if he gets back in and I'll...
boxingmatch.jpg

:LOL:

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Makes me laugh that guys like this who only hurt themselves get treated like this while players like Vontaze Burfict who risk the welfare of other players on a weekly basis get the odd fine or few game suspension but ultimately are allowed to continue.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

Wasn't he coming back and then he personally decided he wasn't ready for that yet. Then went back to working on himself?

I know the NFL denied his last try, I never heard or saw any evidence as to why they denied him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

make it happen snead. after his 11th chance josh will dedicate himself to being a professional. if one person can communicate this to him mcvay is that guy.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...reinstated-eligible-to-play-again-in-week-13/

Josh Gordon reinstated, eligible to play again in Week 13
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 1, 2017

453421674-e1509575354703.jpg

Getty Images

Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon has finally been reinstated, nearly three years after he last played in an NFL regular-season game.

The league announced today that Gordon is reinstated on a conditional basis and can attend team meetings effective immediately. He’ll be eligible to start practicing with the team on November 20 and eligible to be added to the 53-man roster on November 27, which means he could play again in Week 13.

It’s been a long, long road back for Gordon, one of the best receivers in the NFL. Repeated violations of the NFL’s substance-abuse policy have consistently derailed his career, and he recently acknowledged that he had abused cocaine, codeine, Xanax, marijuana and other substances.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement that the league is rooting for Gordon.

“As emphasized at today’s meeting, everyone – including Josh’s teammates and coaches, the Browns’ ownership and organization, the Program professionals and all of us at the league office – want him to have every opportunity to resume his career and to be successful in the NFL,” said Goodell.

“Whether that happens, however, at the end of the day will depend on Josh. His commitment to sobriety and to reaching his goals in football and beyond will determine his success. It ultimately is up to Josh.”

Gordon, who had 87 catches for 1,646 yards in 14 games in 2013, is just 26 years old.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Josh Gordon is interested in playing here. He went nuts when he heard our team motto is "Weed, not me."

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Good luck to the kid. He has more than served his time. Hope he comes back and dominates.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I was pounding the table for JG on this board for years. I'm over it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It’s been a long, long road back for Gordon, one of the best receivers in the NFL.

He had a fantastic brief run. Four years ago. For about a season. So tagging him as one of the best is a HUGE stretch IMO.

He’ll be eligible to start practicing with the team on November 20 and eligible to be added to the 53-man roster on November 27

I wonder what happens if the Browns decide they don't want him. Does he become a FA? Are there cap implications for CLE? Do they have to honor a contract that was in place prior to the last indefinite suspension?

Pretty complex.

I know the previous GM for the Browns wanted nothing to do with him after one of the bans but that was like 27 GM's ago I think.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One person on this board suggests the Rams sign him if he gets back in and I'll...

:LOL:
Yeah really.
Because everyone knows we can’t sign him.
We have to trade for him.
Whaddya say, we offer a 4th??