Josh Gordon reinstated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
One person on this board suggests the Rams sign him if he gets back in and I'll...
boxingmatch.jpg

:LOL:

You gotta do better than that ... more like this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWlzFITRjYg

or even this (since you want to use Hatton in the demo):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wXbhVMb4aQ

RAMBUSH

Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...reinstated-eligible-to-play-again-in-week-13/

Josh Gordon reinstated, eligible to play again in Week 13
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 1, 2017

453421674-e1509575354703.jpg

Getty Images

Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon has finally been reinstated, nearly three years after he last played in an NFL regular-season game.

The league announced today that Gordon is reinstated on a conditional basis and can attend team meetings effective immediately. He’ll be eligible to start practicing with the team on November 20 and eligible to be added to the 53-man roster on November 27, which means he could play again in Week 13.

It’s been a long, long road back for Gordon, one of the best receivers in the NFL. Repeated violations of the NFL’s substance-abuse policy have consistently derailed his career, and he recently acknowledged that he had abused cocaine, codeine, Xanax, marijuana and other substances.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement that the league is rooting for Gordon.

“As emphasized at today’s meeting, everyone – including Josh’s teammates and coaches, the Browns’ ownership and organization, the Program professionals and all of us at the league office – want him to have every opportunity to resume his career and to be successful in the NFL,” said Goodell.

“Whether that happens, however, at the end of the day will depend on Josh. His commitment to sobriety and to reaching his goals in football and beyond will determine his success. It ultimately is up to Josh.”

Gordon, who had 87 catches for 1,646 yards in 14 games in 2013, is just 26 years old.
I say good luck to the man . Sometimes life ain't easy...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he's a 4-Pillars guy now, sure....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HudmJebVv0

If Watkins does not work out Rams could take the flyer. Gotta think he is serious about his return.

My very personal experience with the, more than casual, drug user tells me that it is very unlikely that he ever changes. Mostly when they straighten up it is only very brief. Having money in the bank is too much of a lure. Too many things around him, plus his own body, will constantly be calling out to him. It's a sad situation.

I don't know if Cris Carter was as deep into it as Gordon, but he did clean up. However he wasn't suspended like Gordon.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are teams way more desperate for Gordon than the rams. I think the Browns are one of them. He probably gets a shot there.

Ram65

Legend
My very personal experience with the, more than casual, drug user tells me that it is very unlikely that he ever changes. Mostly when they straighten up it is only very brief. Having money in the bank is too much of a lure. Too many things around him, plus his own body, will constantly be calling out to him. It's a sad situation.

I don't know if Cris Carter was as deep into it as Gordon, but he did clean up. However he wasn't suspended like Gordon.

Taken from article that states he is broke. I didn't know he was into many different drugs. I thought it was just Pot and some alcohol.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/browns_josh_gordon_opens_up_ab.html
"I've used alcohol on many, many occasions, Xanax on many occasions, cocaine several occasions, marijuana most of my life, codeine, cough syrup, methazine is very prevalent where I'm from,'' Gordon admit. "It's what I grew up using.'

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OH COME ON !!!! i mean if you played the browns wouldn't you take drugs too ?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope he makes it. Seen way too many friends clean up only to fall back in to it and end up gone.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This is how I would summarize the possibilities for Gordon.

I'd peg the chance he'll relapse within 1 full season at around 90%.

I hope I'm wrong... but that's how I see it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Taken from article that states he is broke. I didn't know he was into many different drugs. I thought it was just Pot and some alcohol.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/browns_josh_gordon_opens_up_ab.html
"I've used alcohol on many, many occasions, Xanax on many occasions, cocaine several occasions, marijuana most of my life, codeine, cough syrup, methazine is very prevalent where I'm from,'' Gordon admit. "It's what I grew up using.'

That is the tougher scenario to overcome. Growing up with it. Having family that accepts it as the norm. Family members go to work and manage their habits. It is very difficult to change the mindset of a person that grew up in that environment. They have become conditioned to see nothing wrong with it.

When a kid grows up with family preaching against drug use there is a better foundation laid that gives more hope for the user to quit.

One guy I have worked with for years grew up with it all around him and with heavy emotional baggage. He only improved during periods where he was with me for 8 hours a day 6 days a week. He was finally coming around after 7 years of yo-yoing. Then he met his first serious girlfriend, a hardcore user who claimed to love him. She pulled him right back to the lifestyle erasing years of counseling in a few months. She used him for all he had and left him. Now he is into Meth and in and out of jail. I lost, as did he. I learned that you cannot change anyone who doesn't have the willpower to change themselves first.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't think the league was suspending guys like now back when Chris played....Well, they were, I seem to remember Lawrence Taylor getting suspended....but it was different.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Great insight @flv you always know yer stuff.

I don't think the league was suspending guys like now back when Chris played....Well, they were, I seem to remember Lawrence Taylor getting suspended....but it was different.

Carter's issue was alcohol not weed IIRC..........but boy howdy when he got his shit straight he was fantastic. Some of the best hands ever and his sideline grabs were unmatched.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Cris Carter wouldn't be Cris Carter if he entered the league within the last few years.

He was in deep... by his own admission... and he took advantage of his one shot. But he was definitely deep enough to ruin his shot.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah really.
Because everyone knows we can’t sign him.
We have to trade for him.
Whaddya say, we offer a 4th??

I just talked to Johnny. I don't think he understood what you said because when I read it to him he said "I'd prefer that you offer me a 5th".

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
As I think @flv stated, he'll likely spend the rest of the season on someone's practice squad.

With Watkins being an iffy proposition about not only IF he works out, but if he blows up, can we afford him?...

Having someone with Gordon's talent on the PS is worth it.

You get him in the building and you see if he's committed. You get to know him.

Even with a little rust, Gordon's physical gifts are in the top 10% of all WR in the league and for him to get nearly 1700 yards with Weedon and others of similar quality throwing to him? Back to back 200 yard games when defenses were focused on him??? The talent is there.

Now, I'm biased. I struggle to see instances when one's God-given talent

Would I sign Josh Gordon to be our #1 and try to count on him? No. He hasn't earned that.

Paying his extended dues and working his way back to the NFL with the talent he has lets me know that he'd be worth a PS stint.

If there's anyone I had faith in, in the entire league to get Gordon on board, it would be McVay and his staff.

I'm prepared to bob and weave like Pernell Whitaker if I must, but I think he's worth a look.

Heck, we brought Titus Young in, realized he was a wreck, and that was that.

This team had problems with overpriced, underperforming FA signings. I feel confident that IF they brought him in, it would end well.

All that said, I think the chances are none and nada. Slim won't even come to visit.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, a trade is out of the question....
I don’t see why they would cut him. He’s at least worth keeping around until 2018 league year to see if there is trade interest.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
According to this map... Seattle would be the only team he wants to play for......

map.png