Josh Gordon. It begins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The risk is this..........say you sign Gordon and then during the season, or early in preseason even, he fails a test, and BOOM just like that he is gone. And in the meantime so are all the other competent prospects and draft picks.

The risk isn't financial obviously, it's in the human resources column, its a personnel gamble. If you take him that means you didn't take someone else, and that someone else isn't likely to be available further down the road.

Yes, but we're talking about missing on a 4th round pick.

Chris Givens
Barrett Jones
Maurice Alexander

Two of those guys aren't on the team anymore. Mo Alexander is, and hopefully he can develop. Fisher was excited about him. But if the Browns call up and say "we'll give you Josh Gordon for Mo Alexander", you say hell yes and move on.

Past drafts are no guarantee of the future, but past drafts as a whole we can learn from. 4th round picks typically don't turn out. So what's riskier, taking a shot on an unproven guy who could also have character issues in the future - a complete unknown; or a guy that has shown he can be an elite NFL player? This is a no brainer to me.

Without even looking, I'm confident the Rams have more undrafted players on their roster than 4th round picks - so by definition, those players will literally be available further down the road. We wouldn't have to get to 53 until two weeks before the season, which gives plenty of time to assess Gordon in LA. If we end up keeping him and he screws up, then we can pluck somebody off another team's practice squad....the risk is worth the reward. There's almost no actual risk here.

And a move like this would show the players and fans that you want to win, now.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Yes but it's a roster spot either way and you can't go into the season with an extra WR because you fear losing one forever to suspension. It's not a great movc IMO.

I hope the guy gets it together and all that but if I'm a GM with a team on the verge like the Rams I'm not taking on this possible train wreck.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two words that make me want him in horns: Cris Carter
I like and agree with the 2nd chance opportunity, however its ultimately 2 vastly different situations
Not sure the Chris Carter story would have gone down the same had he been coming off consecutive suspensions and facing a lifetime ban

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Gordon isn't Manziel.

He's got things to square away, but I'd rather have Josh Gordon with his baggage than Frank Clark who is now the poster child for who can't come to the combine. If a guy is excluded due to a criminal conviction, they'll call it the Frank Clark rule.

Fisher is really good at sussing these things out. If he thought he could do it, I'd be on board 100%.

I just worry that they are so focused on the relo and resigning JJ, TruJo, Barron and Hayes that they are just going to miss this.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I've been suggesting Josh Gordon for a few months now as a trade option, hope we make it happen, but I wouldn't offer more than a 2017 conditional round draft pick based on snaps, production and him keeping out of trouble. jmo.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gordon isn't Manziel.

He's got things to square away, but I'd rather have Josh Gordon with his baggage than Frank Clark who is now the poster child for who can't come to the combine. If a guy is excluded due to a criminal conviction, they'll call it the Frank Clark rule.

Fisher is really good at sussing these things out. If he thought he could do it, I'd be on board 100%.

I just worry that they are so focused on the relo and resigning JJ, TruJo, Barron and Hayes that they are just going to miss this.

Why? Demoff will be in charge of hammering out the contracts and I would have to assume the Rams have their business side taking care of the relocation issues. Don't see how either of those things would keep Snead and Fisher from being able to pursue Gordon if they want to and if the Browns make him available.

As for Gordon not being Manziel, that's arguable. Gordon's history is actually worse than Manziel's. But Manziel seems like much more of a disaster right now. But then again, that might just be because he's in the limelight and Gordon isn't.