Jon Gruden & Bill Cowher won't be the Head coach for the Rams next year, but here's who could

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you want as the Rams Head coach in 2017?

• Total voters

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Demoff more or less confirms Fisher will be back next season. Check link below. Let me go cry in a corner, don't wait on me.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/sidelines/rams/desktop/la-rams.html
"He's a terrific leader of men," Demoff said. "Players, coaches and staff -- he has their complete respect in the way he runs the franchise. It's easy to talk about the record, but you have to take a snapshot of everything this year and give him the credit that he's due.

"The past two years, he's had to deal with the specter of relocation. This year, the actual relocation. A couple of coaches have had to deal with the specter of relocation. No coach has had to deal with an actual relocation. You have try to understand what this team has been through and the success he has had."

In other words, Fisher's entire body of work is more valuable than his body of work as the actual football coach, when it comes to wins and losses. Since taking over the Rams in 2012, he's gone 31-43-1, including a 4-7 mark so far this season.

Holy shit. I'm... I'm so sorry.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Demoff more or less confirms Fisher will be back next season. Check link below. Let me go cry in a corner, don't wait on me.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/sidelines/rams/desktop/la-rams.html

Not encouraging to be sure, but I don't think you can read that as a definite at this point.

Demoff made plenty of statements that, if believed, would have led one to think the Rams would stay in St. Louis. We know how that turned out. And as always, the final decision will be made by Stan, not Kevin. Stan didn't become a billionaire by making bad business decisions, and keeping the status quo with the current coaching staff is not only a bad football decision, but a bad business decision.

Like I said, I'm not encouraged, but I'm still in wait and see mode. YMMV.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Would prefer a new HC that's willing to retain Williams or implement a similar defensive philosophy.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I had to put money on anyone replacing Fisher I think it's Josh McDaniels. I would support that 100%. Thanks to everyone who read my article and commented. I unfortunately never have time to got on here anymore now that I work 60-70 hours a week. Your participation is appreciated though. I will try to update this more often, but until I quit my other job I will barely have time to write as is.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not encouraging to be sure, but I don't think you can read that as a definite at this point.

Agreed.

As fans we need to read between the lines. Fish IS highly respected. They DO appreciate what he did to get them seamlessly to LA. And when they don't keep him on, they'll lionize his contributions over his five years and move on to another coach.

Unsettled fan base is enough on its own merits to make that happen. Stan is NOT going to accept that. He's going to bring someone in who fans will be excited about. So KD can say what he wants, but it's just like owners giving the coach the midseason "vote of confidence." It means nothing.

And before anyone feels sorry for Fish, remember he's done the same with plenty of coaches to date. Coaches he hired.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
And before anyone feels sorry for Fish, remember he's done the same with plenty of coaches to date. Coaches he hired.

Yep. Tim Walton only got a year. Cignetti didn't even get a full year. Now I happen to think both of those firings were justified due to underperformance, but admittedly, these guys didn't have a long time to turn it around. Fisher has had almost 5 years and still hasn't gotten us above .500. He's had sufficient time.