Joe Philbin Fired as Head Coach of Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/08/report-dolphins-parting-ways-with-kevin-coyle/

Report: Dolphins parting ways with Kevin Coyle
Posted by Josh Alper on October 8, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptdkowm4ndfmmtaymzy5mjqxzdexyjc5ntgxyjm0nzq1-e1444326706226.jpeg
AP

Before the Dolphins fired coach Joe Philbin on Monday, there were reports that had defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle on the chopping block as well.

During interim coach Dan Campbell’s introductory press conference, he said he wasn’t ready to talk about potential changes to the staff which meant Coyle was still employed if not exactly safe and sound in the job. Reports that the Dolphins had reached out to Jim Schwartz, Mike Smith and Greg Schiano about taking over their defense didn’t do much to make things any cozier.

The other shoe reportedly dropped on Thursday. Albert Breer of NFL Media reports that the Dolphins have decided to fire Coyle.

There’s no word on who will take over the Dolphins defense with Coyle out of the picture. Whoever does get the reins will be tasked with bringing together a defense that balked at playing Coyle’s scheme and held a closed-door meeting with coaches last week about making changes to it.

The new coach will also be tasked with finding a way to get big-ticket defensive tackleNdamukong Suh to perform at a level closer to the one he was at in Detroit before signing a huge contract with Miami as a free agent this offseason. It’s a full plate with a little more than a week to go before the Dolphins are back on the field.

Stay classy, Ross. I'm thankful that we don't have him as our owner. Miami is an absolute circus.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I wouldn't get within 5 miles of a Miami/ SF game...Who knows what ugliness might ensue ??? Just the bad vibes might get somebody seriously injured !!!! And I wonder how many players might be waived at the half ...The only good outcome would probably be if both teams were sold during the coin toss !!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And how good would Fisher record be in St Louis if he had Ryan Tannehill for 3 full seasons.
I think Tannehill would have been good for one or two additional wins per year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the triumvirate of Clemens/Hill/Davis left plenty more wins on the table then that over the last 2 years.
I guess the only point I'm making is in comparing Fish vs Philbin is that Joe had 3 straight years with same qb. That's a huge advantage.

On a side note, Philbin has had a target on his back since Incognito-gate. He's had an uphill climb since and needed serious results to stay employed IMO