Joe Burrow watch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Been reading the Bengals fan forum. They're paying close attention to the oddsmakers. They feel a swing where the line goes up in their favor means Burrow will play. If the line stays at 1.5 they think he won't play. One guy posted it went up to 3.5 which makes them think he will play. Not sure how that all ties in to it. Or how the oddsmakers know more than the reporters about his chances to play.

oldnotdead

Legend
I actually watched a lot of Jake Browning when he was in college. He suffered two really bad arm injuries and it derailed his career. When he was healthy he wasn't a strong armed QB but he thrived on passes in the short to medium zones. He showed good accuracy and was a good move the chains type of QB. If you dropped coverage he had enough arm to make you pay.

His problem was his decision making. He'd be tearing up a secondary then for whatever reason force a ball into double or even triple coverage and throw the INT. It happened too many times. Since he entered the NFL he's been a career backup and I don't think he's actually played an NFL regular season game. Last I heard he was on the PS which is where he's spent his career.

If he's the backup the Rams should have no problems with him. But I thought Trevor Siemian was their QB2 and he can be decent but he is strictly a backup talent.

muggmeister

Rookie
I'm not even sure why the Bengals are favored with or without him? They played 2 shit games so far while the Rams have played rather well. If Joe plays, he is a sitting duck in the pocket without the ability to throw downfield. If Browning plays, he will have the ability to move in the pocket but that's when you dial up blitzes and disguise coverage to rattle a young QB making his first NFL start. Either way, Rams should be favored because of what they have shown thru 2 games, although it is small sample size. On a side note, I have 1 fantasy team with T. Hill, Nacua, Calvin Ridley and Jamar Chase at WR (salary cap league) and I'm benching Chase this week because of their QB. Looking at the latest Yardbarker report is that Zac Taylor is encouraged by the progress Burrow is making this week. I wonder how he would feel if he trots an obviously injured Burrow out there and he actually suffers a more severe injury that derails their entire season? Sometimes you have to protect players from their own coaches, this ain't the 70's no more when players were treated as cattle and I hope he doesn't pull a Mike Martz and permanently derails someone's career (Kyle Turley). Go Rams, final score: Rams 34, Bengals 13.

jap

Legend
 Tough situation for Cinci. Is it wise to have an ailing Joe Burrow on the same field of play with a healthy Aaron Donald?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not even sure why the Bengals are favored with or without him? They played 2 shit games so far while the Rams have played rather well. If Joe plays, he is a sitting duck in the pocket without the ability to throw downfield. If Browning plays, he will have the ability to move in the pocket but that's when you dial up blitzes and disguise coverage to rattle a young QB making his first NFL start. Either way, Rams should be favored because of what they have shown thru 2 games, although it is small sample size. On a side note, I have 1 fantasy team with T. Hill, Nacua, Calvin Ridley and Jamar Chase at WR (salary cap league) and I'm benching Chase this week because of their QB. Looking at the latest Yardbarker report is that Zac Taylor is encouraged by the progress Burrow is making this week. I wonder how he would feel if he trots an obviously injured Burrow out there and he actually suffers a more severe injury that derails their entire season? Sometimes you have to protect players from their own coaches, this ain't the 70's no more when players were treated as cattle and I hope he doesn't pull a Mike Martz and permanently derails someone's career (Kyle Turley). Go Rams, final score: Rams 34, Bengals 13.
East Coast Bias.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the Bengals would be crazy to play him. It’s a long season. If he’s ailing this late in the week you need to sit him.

17 games plus playoffs. A lot of football is left. Nobody remembers week 3 heroics.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s an accurate passer and tore us up in preseason a year ago. I wished we picked him up as he was released and resigned by the Bengals.

Went to Folsom HS, which is a HS powerhouse here in greater Sac.
We used to kick Folsom's ass! ~ Del Campo Cougars!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Bengals would be crazy to play him. It’s a long season. If he’s ailing this late in the week you need to sit him.

17 games plus playoffs. A lot of football is left. Nobody remembers week 3 heroics.
The only thing is that the Bengals might want to kick the Rams ass because of the Super Bowl.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Been reading the Bengals fan forum. They're paying close attention to the oddsmakers. They feel a swing where the line goes up in their favor means Burrow will play. If the line stays at 1.5 they think he won't play. One guy posted it went up to 3.5 which makes them think he will play. Not sure how that all ties in to it. Or how the oddsmakers know more than the reporters about his chances to play.
If the line is 3.5 and includes a playing Joe Burrow, isn't that the hometown advantage normally? Is vegas saying the teams are equal?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nobody will remember that, if it causes Burrow to miss extended time later.
Sure, but even if Burrow is out, that team wants to win badly against us, I think.

dang

Legend
Sure, but even if Burrow is out, that team wants to win badly against us, I think.
More than wanting to beat the Rams would be the desire to not go 0-3. That’s almost an insurmountable hole.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More than wanting to beat the Rams would be the desire to not go 0-3. That’s almost an insurmountable hole.
In this ecosystem, 'both can be true at the same time ~ Jourdan