Jimmy Garapolo Is The Next Joe Montana

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Garapolo was not very accurate last night. I don't see a top tier QB when watching him. This is another Belichick con job. All of that stuff about Bill wanting to keep him and sign him long term was just BS to make the price go up. Then the media thinks, that since he backed up Brady and was coached by Belichick that he has to be good. His five wins can't be an anomaly. He is awesome!

If I recall correctly the Rams have had some nice stretches with QBs in recent years, only to fall flat on their face. The most recent was a few wins from Case Keenum in a Fisher offense. Many here were a excited by what he did. Small samples should not be taken too seriously. From what I saw Jimmy is not a good QB.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
From what I saw Jimmy is not a good QB.

And I hope you're dead on, but I did like him coming out of Eastern Illinois enough to want him drafted in the 2nd round, but the Rams traded up that round to draft Joyner instead. The Vikings defense is a top tier defense and that's a tough road game. Now if he does not play well at home against the Lions I might be ready to think otherwsie, but it's a long season and the 49ers with the likes of Alfred Morris & Matt Breida have no running game...I'm a firm believer in keeping your friends close, but your enemies closer.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I think Garappolo will have a good career, the Whiners will just be the second fiddle team in the NFC West while we continue years of dominance. Say our roles in 80s will be swapped.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am now a member of 49ers WebZone, but it won't let me post for 24 hours, lol. I learned already, according to one Jimmy G lover, that there is a Jimmy G. Bandwagon ?? A guy that happened to criticize Jimmy's 5 interceptions in the last two regular season games, and that he was no longer totally believing in him. There are 1680 posts on this particular Jimmy G thread. My first statement will be "Unless the 49ers achieve a 6-2 record, Jimmy G. is a BUST. There is a consequence about hyping 5 wins from last year, saying how valid those wins were for a Garopolo, and then saying something different if he loses more than 2 games when EVERY Niner opponent believes they can win." No one is overlooking the hype of Jimmy G., the boy is getting crushed, and all the pretty boy experts can't talk their way out of it.

I imagine that I will attract attention.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And I hope you're dead on, but I did like him coming out of Eastern Illinois enough to want him drafted in the 2nd round, but the Rams traded up that round to draft Joyner instead. The Vikings defense is a top tier defense and that's a tough road game. Now if he does not play well at home against the Lions I might be ready to think otherwsie, but it's a long season and the 49ers with the likes of Alfred Morris & Matt Breida have no running game...I'm a firm believer in keeping your friends close, but your enemies closer.

I wanted the Rams to draft him too. Especially after reading about his superhuman synapse. In hind sight, I am glad they didn't. His arm looks weak and his accuracy was not good. I don't think the Vikings D caused all of his bad ball placement. Every QB these days faces a lot of pressure. It's NFL DC's answer to the prolific passing, and quick releases.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hate that stupid viking horn after every 1st down

And I can't stand the Skol! BS. I liken it to the Rams having a Dahl Ram mating call blasting over the loud speaker after every touchdown. I've been to Minnesota and North Dakota many times. Their Norse pride can border on ridiculous at times and it annoyed the shit out of me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I’m not sure if I’m missing a joke here but those stats just aren’t accurate. Sorry if there was implied sarcasm or something, but those INT numbers you have are his TD numbers.

That's no joke he threw 5 INT's last year and 7 TD's in 5 games and one where he threw two passed but did throw a TD pass.

So in essentially 6 games, counting the game he came into that I just mentioned he has 8 TD's and 8 INT's.

A closer look reveals that he did that against a list of teams that included our Rams and the Jaguars resting most starters, the Titans 17th ranked defense in points allowed, the Texans 32 ranked defense in points allowed. The SEA defense was middle of the pack last year, and the game he played against the Bears was his lowest rating by game and he threw 0 TD's and 1 INT.

Yesterday was a real test with an elite defense and he didn't pass it. That doesn't mean he is going to suck forever, but lets look at the big picture here so far he's not been tested other than MINN.

To date he looks like a decent QB, maybe a top 12-15 guy.

He could get better, or worse, or stay about the same. My money says he might get a little better or stay the same.

All of that stuff about Bill wanting to keep him and sign him long term was just BS to make the price go up.

I think you could be right. I recall the sports talking heads reporting that they were hearing out of the Patriots "insiders" that Brady was unhappy that the Patriots wanted to sign JG to a long term deal so he could take over sooner rather than later. We heard how upset Brady was and how there was unrest in Patriotland.

It looks like it could have been manufactured.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
That's no joke he threw 5 INT's last year and 7 TD's in 5 games and one where he threw two passed but did throw a TD pass.

So in essentially 6 games, counting the game he came into that I just mentioned he has 8 TD's and 8 INT's.

A closer look reveals that he did that against a list of teams that included our Rams and the Jaguars resting most starters, the Titans 17th ranked defense in points allowed, the Texans 32 ranked defense in points allowed. The SEA defense was middle of the pack last year, and the game he played against the Bears was his lowest rating by game and he threw 0 TD's and 1 INT.

Yesterday was a real test with an elite defense and he didn't pass it. That doesn't mean he is going to suck forever, but lets look at the big picture here so far he's not been tested other than MINN.

To date he looks like a decent QB, maybe a top 12-15 guy.

He could get better, or worse, or stay about the same. My money says he might get a little better or stay the same.

I think you could be right. I recall the sports talking heads reporting that they were hearing out of the Patriots "insiders" that Brady was unhappy that the Patriots wanted to sign JG to a long term deal so he could take over sooner rather than later. We heard how upset Brady was and how there was unrest in Patriotland.

It looks like it could have been manufactured.
Those numbers I believe, but I’m referring to where Merlin said Jimmy G threw 118 INTs in college with 51 in a season. He threw 118 TDs in college with 51 in one season, but not INTs.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Maybe overhyped.....but the dude lead a team that was 1-10 and won 5 straight. Not sure it really matters what the records of your opponents are when you are playing on a team as bad as SF was.

Because it's a double standard. Jared Goff at the begining of 2017 was beating teams on the level of the Colts, Giants, etc and the mantra was "he hasn't beaten anyone yet". Well he beat the Saints, shitbirds, Cowboys (the latter two were expected to easily beat the Rams), Jaguars, and Titans. All teams with winning records last season.

If that's the case, I'm sure as hell not gonna give kudos to a QB that beat weaker NFL teams and act like he's some savior. Nor am I going to use those wins as basis for him being a good QB. Fuck that, I hope he fails.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Ppl keep saying he was going up against a top tier D yesterday, which was certainly true about them last year, but what I saw yesterday was a lot of Niners receivers running free and wide open, like the Vikes were lackadaisical or confused. Also they should’ve been able to generate a pass rush with their front after the Niners lost 2 linemen. They still couldn’t get to Crappolo without blitzing....

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Looks like it's back to your day job Jeanine...

1b897f2b3f_Garofolo_05092009.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Those numbers I believe, but I’m referring to where Merlin said Jimmy G threw 118 INTs in college with 51 in a season. He threw 118 TDs in college with 51 in one season, but not INTs.

Yep and that's the last time I trust wikipedia. Guess I really gave Jimmy G the shaft there. :p

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
A dick punch for the whiner fans who thought g-string go undefeated for his entire career...But to be honest, I still think he'll be a pretty good QB...